terrence cody is an elite player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terrence cody is an elite player

he's got Ted Washington measurables... super rare to have a nose tackle above 6'3"

we are talking about a league where in 2010 there were 4 nose tackles (none of whom rush the passer) who got franchise tagged. (Wilfork, Franklin, Pickett and Hampton, who got resigned and tag removed).

people say he has stamina issues

how was his stamina with 4 seconds left in the 4th quarter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwPPSXMy2E

Alabama never gave up a 100 yard rusher when Cody was on the field.

People who say he's gonna be a 2nd or 3rd round pick... what is that based on? The swimsuit competition at the combine?
    my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

It's based on the fact that his weight was 370 and he potentially dropped 20 pounds for a paycheck.
    Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
      It's based on the fact that his weight was 370 and he potentially dropped 20 pounds for a paycheck.
      i dont get that excuse. why does any player do anything? for a pay check.

that youtube speaks for itself.

Announcers:

"4 seconds to go. Lincoln for the lead.

Blocked Again! Cody Again!

(Oh My!)

Alabama wins!"

how can a player who is considered to have stamina problems make such a big play so late in the game? He saved Saban's bacon.
      my shoes hurt

Comment

Wait, so blocking kicks = first rounder? Brilliant!

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
          Wait, so blocking kicks = first rounder? Brilliant!
          the positional scarcity makes him a first rounder. again to repeat myself there were 4 NT franchise tagged this year.
          my shoes hurt

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
            the positional scarcity makes him a first rounder. again to repeat myself there were 4 NT franchise tagged this year.
            Yeah, you're probabaly right but it doesn't make him an elite player.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think he's underrated and will go a lot higher than some expect.

Comment

It's based on the fact that nose tackles pretty much make their money on one of two things: Technique and veteran savvy, or pure explosiveness.

No player out of college has the sort of technique and veteran savvy that is required to succeed on that alone. Wilfork is a six year veteran, Pickett is a nine year veteran, Hampton is a nine year veteran, and Franklin is a 7 year veteran. No defensive tackle in college, no matter how good, can hold a candle to these guys in terms of knowledge and technique.

If you want to come in and play well as an NT in the NFL as a youngster, you have to be extremely explosive. Explosiveness is why B.J. Raji got drafted in the top 10 to play nose tackle, while the guy who actually played closer to the nose on his defense (Ron Brace) fell all the way to the second round. Raji was unreasonably explosive for a man his size, Brace is not. Raji's explosion numbers? 1.69 10-yard split, 32" vert, 8'07" broad. Brace's explosion numbers? 1.88 10-yard split, 28" vert, 8'03" broad. This is despite the fact that Brace is both lighter and taller.

Someone get me Cody's explosion numbers from the combine, please. It doesn't matter how good he was in college, you can't put a guy on the nose as if you can't trust him to be explosive enough to force a double-team, or savvy enough to shift, stack, and flow to the ball. You can make Cody into a fine NFL NT, but he's at least two years out, and that's why he's not an elite player.

Comment

I am confused
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                    i dont get that excuse. why does any player do anything? for a pay check.

that youtube speaks for itself.

Announcers:

"4 seconds to go. Lincoln for the lead.

Blocked Again! Cody Again!

(Oh My!)

Alabama wins!"

how can a player who is considered to have stamina problems make such a big play so late in the game? He saved Saban's bacon.

Well Lincoln sucks first off and can't get air under a ball to save his life. He basically hit cody in the stomach.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                      Well Lincoln sucks first off and can't get air under a ball to save his life. He basically hit cody in the stomach.
                      hold on, was that a pun?
                      i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

I agree with bitonti, to an extent. as a pure NT prospect i think Cody is elite.

Comment

If you are confused, I will clear up this guy's argument for you. Terrance Cody blocked two kicks and four NT's in the league got franchised. Therefore, he is an elite player.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                            hold on, was that a pun?
                            no pun intended.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                            I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

The NFL season is much longer, the games are more grueling, and he won't be going against walk-on talent at the end of the 4th QTR. He weighed in heavier than expected at the Senior Bowl, and already had to be rotated continually while at Alabama (he was just now allowed to stay in on 3rd Down during his senior season). That's why he has stamina issues.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information