Dorin Dickerson to WR!!??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorin Dickerson to WR!!??

Just thinking out loud, didn't see Pitt play much last year, but is there a reason why Dickerson can't play out wide???

6'2, 226#, and ran a 4.40 at the combine. Physically, he reminds me of Andre Johnson.
    Is there a reason he's not a candidate to switch positions, since so many pass catching TEs in today's NFL are blown up WRs anyway.

What's the difference really? A few routes in the route tree?
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
      What's the difference really? A few routes in the route tree?
      There's a really, really big difference. A few routes in the route tree just doesn't do the entire thing justice.

As far as the Andre Johnson stuff...Dorin Dickerson is not Andre Johnson. I think I've seen enough of him to say that much. Not even sure he has a true position at the next level. He's not quick or sudden at all and he's a fairly poor route runner. He's not big enough to be a tight end. He's pretty much an H-Back type guy, who in the right place, his athleticism could shine. Someone might try him at wide receiver, but he plays with heavy feet despite his straightline speed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        There's a really, really big difference. A few routes in the route tree just doesn't do the entire thing justice.

As far as the Andre Johnson stuff...Dorin Dickerson is not Andre Johnson. I think I've seen enough of him to say that much. Not even sure he has a true position at the next level. He's not quick or sudden at all and he's a fairly poor route runner. He's not big enough to be a tight end. He's pretty much an H-Back type guy, who in the right place, his athleticism could shine. Someone might try him at wide receiver, but he plays with heavy feet despite his straightline speed.
        They might as well make him a Dallas Clark-type tight end. Slip him in the slot, matchup problems galore?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Reminds me of Matt Jones.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
            Just thinking out loud, didn't see Pitt play much last year, but is there a reason why Dickerson can't play out wide???

6'2, 226#, and ran a 4.40 at the combine. Physically, he reminds me of Andre Johnson.
            Is there a reason he's not a candidate to switch positions, since so many pass catching TEs in today's NFL are blown up WRs anyway.

Not to mention his bench reps and vertical leap (43.5 inches ?!?!?!) would have been top WR marks, and his broad jump would have been second best. From a pure "workout numbers" standpoint, the reason he's being looked at as an H-back are in the agility tests; he ran just under 7 seconds in the 3-cone, (verrrrrry pedestrian for a wideout) and his 20 yard shuttle wouldn't have cracked the wideout top-ten either. A lot of his touchdowns were on wide-open throws- some of that can be attributed to his speed, but I'd almost suggest that he kind of had a lucky season, as far as having 10 touchdown catches. That said, when I see him running in the open field I think he looks a lot like Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas. I think he's an interesting prospect, but too many of his catches came with him running across the field (away from some poor linebacker who doesn't run a 4.4 flat) to get a good idea if he could consistently match up with NFL cornerbacks. Here's a highlight video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9fZQpuoJ_Q

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
              They might as well make him a Dallas Clark-type tight end. Slip him in the slot, matchup problems galore?
              I was thinking the same thing. However even Dallas Clark has 30 lbs on him. He really needs some more weight

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                Reminds me of Matt Jones.
                A 6'6 235 QB turn WR reminds you of a 6'1 225 H-BACK/WR? Please explain.

Comment

Both Jones and Dickerson have good straight line speed but have heavy feet when it comes to making quick cuts.

Comment

What players are examples of actual H-backs in the NFL? I hear that term a lot but I dont know of that many who are Hbacks

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Dickerson WAS a wideout at Pitt (as well as a RB and LB). If he couldn't hack it at WR in college, how will he do it in the NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                        A 6'6 235 QB turn WR reminds you of a 6'1 225 H-BACK/WR? Please explain.
                        Read the post below yours.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                        I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

his stock as a TE is much higher than his WR stock is. Really it makes more sense for him to stay at his position.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

What about running back? He was an All-American high school running back who was considered too small to play RB in college, so he moved to receiver. Now at 6-1, 226 with 4.40 speed he looks the part.

He just really got jerked around by the Pitt coaching staff in my opinion.

Comment

i've wondered what is an h back also. where do they line up? what kind of routes?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information