McClain is gonna drop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McClain is gonna drop

I like the guy, and I don't know why this thought didn't hit me earlier, but there's no way he goes top 15. I'm betting he falls out of the first entirely.

I love his instincts, strength and hitting ability, but the guy is slow.

Bradie James + 1

FOr McClain, it all depends on his 40 time.

If he runs a 4.65 or better, he's the 1st LB off the board.

4.65 - 4.75, still a great shot at being the #1 LB, because his size, production, leadership, overall intangibles will allow teams to forgive his lack of foot speed.

If he times in the 4.8 to 4.9 range, he'll fall like a rock rolling downhill.

Not necessarily out of the 1st, can't see the Pats passing on the guy no matter what, but he won't be top 20.

After UF CB Haden ran that slow time at the combine, nothing will surprise me from McClain.

I still think McClain fits inside in a 34 no matter what he runs, but he won't be considered to man the MIKE for a 43 D with the wheels lacking to play with range in a front 7.

Comment

If he runs a 4.7 he will be a top 15 pick.

The problem is he doesn't look much faster on film than guys like Micah Johnson do.

I don't think McClain can play in the 4-3.

I highly disagree with the Patriots comment. I don't think he's what Belichick looks for. Parcells maybe. Parcells loves slow LBs.

Comment

He's a stud. He May not go top 15 because Linebackers tend to fall, but he'll have great success at the next level.

Comment

This guy is not slow! Watch the Florida tape, he tracked a track star down on the sideline. Mcclain is easily the top LB in this draft, and a top 10 pick.

Comment

He already has, by not running, by Dansby signing with Miami, he has slightly dropped. After everyone stopped jizzing themselves over the flavor of the week they finally realized he's not an elite prospect, but a pretty damn good one.

A 4.7 is perfectly fine for him, his game isnt centered around speed but in certain systems he will be dropped, hes just simply not as flexible as people thought. Pittsburg has a choice to make, Earl Thomas or trading up for McClain if Denver or San Fran hasn't already.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
              This guy is not slow! Watch the Florida tape, he tracked a track star down on the sideline. Mcclain is easily the top LB in this draft, and a top 10 pick.
              He took a good angle, put himself in the right position, he ran in a straight line and made a shoestring tackle. The runner wasnt running in a straight line, if he had better balance, he was gone.

Comment

I'm telling you, the guy is SLOW. he's got heavy feet and a low top speed.

Also, he tackles really high.

I love his ability to take on blockers and I think he does a great job of following the ball and putting himself in position to make plays, but the guy is an elephant.

Comment

I'm praying for a 4.81 pro-day.

Originally posted by Supporting Caste View Post
                  but the guy is an elephant.
                  elephant, tank, mack truck... same difference.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Best believe he won't fall past the Titans at 16. They're enamored with him.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      Best believe he won't fall past the Titans at 16. They're enamored with him.
                      And thats exactly why someone will trade with the giants to get him, what happened to all the McGrath love?

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                        And thats exactly why someone will trade with the giants to get him, what happened to all the McGrath love?
                        McGrath is great, but he can't play both OLB spots by himself.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Ive been saying this for 2 weeks now, I dont think he is a 3-down MLB early in his career, and I think having Cody upfront has really helped his sideline to sideline, he will be a player, just not top 15, I have him going to Arizona
                          Patriots Draft 2015
                          1. CB - Marcus Peters
                          2. WR - Sammie Coates
                          3. RB - David Johnson
                          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                          4. OG - Tre Jackson
                          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                          5. LB - Ben Heeney
                          6. TE - Wes Saxton
                          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

I don't know who I would rather have if both Spoon and McClain are on the board at 18.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              I don't know who I would rather have if both Spoon and McClain are on the board at 18.
                              Youd rather trade up to the Giants for a 3rd :)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information