Seahawks Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks Draft

I'm not really a Seahawks fan at this point, but I used to be. I was never quite a fan of Matt Hasselbeck OR Shaun "I need a gaping hole" Alexander (We miss you, Steve Hutchison), so this draft is an opportunity for me to get re-interested in my hometown team. Two high first-round picks, and three in the top 40 is fun to watch with any team.

Anyways.

I was thinking I'd just post who I'd like them to take with each of their picks (As of this posting, I haven't seen that they've traded for Brandon Marshall).

1st Pick (6th overall): an OT. I like Okung and Williams the best, I think.

2nd Pick (14th overall): I see a lot of people giving them Spiller here, but I think there's a chance Jahvid Best could be available with their pick at the top of the second. Watching their tapes, and looking at their measurables, they're almost identical-looking. Spiller seems to get faster as the field gets longer though, if you know what I mean; I've seen Best get caught a couple of times. If they don't take Spiller, and assuming that they took a tackle with their first pick/there is no tackle here worthy of the pick, I'd have them take Taylor Mays or perhaps Haden to strengthen the secondary.

2nd-rounder: Best, if they didn't take Spiller. I'd actually be kind of excited about them taking Gerhart with their second rounder, and you know Pete Carroll will probably have a high opinion of him. Ideally they can trade a second-rounder to Denver for Brandon Marshall, which I think seems about right if Baltimore can get Anquan Boldin for a 3rd and 4th.

And then next year they sell everything that isn't bolted down to get Jake Locker.

What do you guys think?

hawks

At the combine, Pete C. mentioned that he is looking to make the Hawks a PHYSICAL running team. that may mean he could go for a big back.

Comment

Originally posted by golota View Post
      At the combine, Pete C. mentioned that he is looking to make the Hawks a PHYSICAL running team. that may mean he could go for a big back.
      Which is why Spillers name is showing up much less frequently in mocks these days. Someone like Matthews or Dwyer in the 2nd, or Tate, Blount or Gerhart in the 4th (I don't think Gerhart or Tate will be there, but if they are we have to jump on it and it is a slight possibility). It sucks because we don't have a 3rd rounder and that's where I think its best to go RB. I'd love Matthews in the second, he's not a power runner per say but he isn't a puss either.

Comment

Originally posted by golota View Post
        He's gonna pry LenDale White from Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTeel View Post
          Which is why Spillers name is showing up much less frequently in mocks these days. Someone like Matthews or Dwyer in the 2nd, or Tate, Blount or Gerhart in the 4th (I don't think Gerhart or Tate will be there, but if they are we have to jump on it and it is a slight possibility). It sucks because we don't have a 3rd rounder and that's where I think its best to go RB. I'd love Matthews in the second, he's not a power runner per say but he isn't a puss either.
          Gerhart isn't dropping past the bottom of the second round, and surely not out of the third round. If he does, teams are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
            He's gonna pry LenDale White from Tennessee.
            They can have him for a third. :)
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              they dont have a third. Ryan Matthews or Jahvid Best in the 2nd would be ideal. Id prefer eric berry at 6 and Williams at 14. or possibly dez bryant at 14 and an OT at 40
              Last edited by KCDizz; 03-07-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

They're gonna need a QB of the future maybe at the #14 pick.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfreak314 View Post
                  They're gonna need a QB of the future maybe at the #14 pick.
                  tebow is working out for the sehawks.... hope this is just boredom

Comment

It would be nice for the Seahawk fans to get Locker next year as their Franchise QB.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                      Gerhart isn't dropping past the bottom of the second round, and surely not out of the third round. If he does, teams are stupid.
                      Im harder on Gerhart than most. But you're probably right.

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      They don't have one.

Comment

If Carroll wants to go with a power running game, I'd much rather have Gerhart than Dwyer. I'm not really sold on Ryan Matthews yet....someone show me the last running back that tore up the WAC and is making it big in the NFL? The only player I can even think of from the WAC is Ryan Moats, player of the year in '04, and....I wouldn't spend a 2nd on him in retrospect. More importantly, which DEFENSIVE players have come from the WAC? According to WACsports.com, there are only 3 WAC linebackers in the NFL right now, and you haven't heard of any of them. I just can't get excited about Ryan Matthews. I really like Gerhart...but I still somehow think the 40th pick might be too high... It's just that he definitely WONT be there by the time the 'hawks pick again.

Comment

i agree with gerhart>dwyer. but the fact you dont like matthews because of no RBs coming out of the WAC have done exceptional is kind of amusing. Whens the last time standford had a top notch rb? Mathews is the most complete back that be an every down back.

Comment

Originally posted by KCDizz View Post
                            tebow is working out for the sehawks.... hope this is just boredom
                            On his part or their part?

As for the Hawks draft i'd grab Berry or McCoy if they were to fall otherwise it would be Bulaga/Mays/Gerhart. (picks 6,14,40)

Comment

Originally posted by KCDizz View Post
                              i agree with gerhart>dwyer. but the fact you dont like matthews because of no RBs coming out of the WAC have done exceptional is kind of amusing. Whens the last time standford had a top notch rb? Mathews is the most complete back that be an every down back.
                              The fact that you are holding Stanford up to an entire conference is kind of amusing. How about I list a bunch of PAC-10 backs that are better than Ryan Moats?

Reggie Bush and LenDale White, Jerome Harrison, Marshawn Lynch, Maurice Jones-Drew, Steven Jackson, Jonathan Stewart... When's the last time Fresno State produced a top notch running back?

Mathews plays in a relatively weak conference, and Gerhart destroyed the PAC-10 defenses, which *may* have been the best in the country last year. I know, I know, the SEC is great, but the the WHOLE (minus WSU) PAC 10 was freakin' tough last year. That, and Gerhart's measurables are about as good as you can ask for in a power runner. I'd put money on him being a better pro than Matthews, provided they were given similar opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information