Demaryius Thomas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demaryius Thomas

According to observers at Athletes Performance, where Thomas has been training, the 6-foot-3, 227-pound receiver had been turning in sensational workouts in preparation for the combine. He recently ran a verified 4.38 in the 40, which was recorded on film and will be sent to every team in the league, France told SI.com.

Does this push him over Benn and Tate?

if he runs anything under a 4.45 than i cant see how he wouldnt move ahead of benn. he and tate would probably be interchangeable depending on the type of wr the team needs. they are very different prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
      Acco

Does this push him over Benn and Tate?
      Hopefully, so Tate can fall to the Buccaneers at pick #35. :D

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

I'm a huge Thomas fan. I think if he goes to the right program, he's going to be a beast.

He needs to work on his craft though, so he won't be a polished product coming in, but give this guy 2 years in a good program to work on his game, and he's going to be a monster.

I love him as a prospect.

Comment

This isn't a particularly tough receiving class to stand out in and if verified, a 4.38 at 224 or 227 would boost him to the #2 WR spot on my board. Keep an eye on the Bengals when thinking about Thomas as he brings the size, vertical presence & ability as a run blocker that Cincy needs. He's the top fit for the team aside from Dez Bryant and I expect to see a lot of interest coming from Marvin Lewis & Co.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Didn't he break his foot? Or is he fully recovered.

On another note I think the kid is a project well worth the wait. Who wouldnt want a 6'3 220+ fast WR

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
            Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfreak314 View Post
              Didn't he break his foot? Or is he fully recovered.

On another note I think the kid is a project well worth the wait. Who wouldnt want a 6'3 220+ fast WR
              He broke his foot, the 40 described here happened while he was training for the Combine. He should be ready for camp, but he's one of those guys that may take the 3 years typical of a Wide Receiver's development.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Honestly even though I believe the bucs will take a WR with one of thier 2nd round picks but if this guy is availible in the 3rd round I don't see how they can not draft the guy anyway and let him wait in the shadows and you grab a kid like WR Damien Williams from USC to bring a bit of instant success because he played in a pro style offense in Southern Cal. Even with that WRs still have to go thru a transition period adjusting to the speed of the game.

Maybe I'm being greedy but I hope a lot of teams shy away from Thomas and he slides, just from medical reasons and the fact GT didnt have a real passing tree in the triple option offense

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Love the guy, would like to see the video. Just a beastly athlete, big, strong, powerful, fast. He doesn't have a normal route tree down, so that will be a challenge for him, but he's quick enough to get out of his breaks so it shouldn't be an issue a few years down the line. Favorite receiver in this draft class.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I personally didnt think he was as fast as Dwyer so it would have been interesting to see him run at the combine, in a way you're almost better off not running there if you arent 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      I personally didnt think he was as fast as Dwyer so it would have been interesting to see him run at the combine, in a way you're almost better off not running there if you arent 100%.
                      He's defiantly not a 4.6 guy. I can tell you that much with a lot of certainty.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

If you watched GT football the last couple of years, it's clear that Thomas is NOT a 4.3-4.4 WR, and I don't really care what 40 time he runs in predraft training.

So because Thomas and his people 'claimed' he ran a 4.38 and they digitally recorded it, somehow that's a verifiable time??

That's called attempting to play NFL scouts for suckers.

If Thomas is that fast, hold a private workout at GTech, and run a sub 4.45 with scouts allowed to record their own times.

Calvin Johnson's reps were saying he was running low 4.3s during predraft training, then preceded to back up those times at the combine.

Thomas is a good WR, but I doubt he sneaks into the 1st round.

Comment

I don't know. Thomas isn't all that explosive but his 40-yard speed might be pretty nuts. That one play where he had a straight line to run after a screen pass he was blazing.

I wouldn't take him until the 2nd, though.

Comment

Matt Jones ran a 4.38 40 at the combine in 05... he also never played up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              He's defiantly not a 4.6 guy. I can tell you that much with a lot of certainty.
                              I didnt think Dwyer was either, would guess low 4.5 for Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information