Hardy wants to play OLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardy wants to play OLB

Do you all think he can do it?And does a preference hurt his stock with 4-3 teams

He said at the Combine that he’s looking to play linebacker in the 3-4, which is why he’s dropping his weight down to about 270. He added that health-wise, his foot and wrist are fine.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-the-patriots/
    Last edited by scpanther22; 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM.

Wouldnt want to see him have to cover too many people down the field but if he were to be used in the DeMarcus Ware roll then i think he could handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
      Wouldnt want to see him have to cover too many people down the field but if he were to be used in the DeMarcus Ware roll then i think he could handle it.
      Ware is asked to do everything quite a bit.

Comment

i don't buy it. I think this is his attempt to show he's scheme neutral so it doesn't limit his options but I think if any team takes him to play at OLB, they will be disappointed (although at this point i think any team that takes him at all will be disappointed)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I wish this said "Hardy wants to play". That's what it comes down to.

Comment

That's nice...dude's going to be such a steal. I really hope the Jets draft him.

This is what I want him to do...get his weight down to 270. Couldn't care less what he ran at the combine either...

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
              That's nice...dude's going to be such a steal. I really hope the Jets draft him.

This is what I want him to do...get his weight down to 270. Couldn't care less what he ran at the combine either...
              You think he can give you guys more than Gholston has at that position?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                You think he can give you guys more than Gholston has at that position?
                Gholston will be something too, even if that something isn't LT 2.0.

Hardy is a better player, and if he was healthy would have been a better prospect.

Comment

I was surprised, but he actually looked excellent in drills even with the extra weight. Think if he could get down to 260-265 he could be completely legit there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    I was surprised, but he actually looked excellent in drills even with the extra weight. Think if he could get down to 260-265 he could be completely legit there.
                    I agree he did have good feet, his legs looked so thin, where was all that 280
                    Patriots Draft 2015
                    1. CB - Marcus Peters
                    2. WR - Sammie Coates
                    3. RB - David Johnson
                    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                    4. OG - Tre Jackson
                    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                    5. LB - Ben Heeney
                    6. TE - Wes Saxton
                    7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

He probably needs to get in the 255-265# range to really effective the way he wants to be, IMO.

I think Hardy is more than athletic enough to make the switch, it's all about getting his weight down.

Comment

He should stick to playing DE.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Yeah, OLB in a 3-4 looks easier.

Comment

He can do it, he shouldn't be playing anywhere above 265-270 though. The dude is a monster, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Don't let his subpar workout numbers fool you, he is an athlete. He caught 3 TD's here as a goal line receiver and was the one of the first guys off the bench for the basketball team as a true freshman. He showed that he can be a complete player when he wants to be and when he is healthy, he can get to the QB with the best of him and is great against the run. For a guy his size he can move. If he can get back to his sophmore and junior year form, someone will be getting a major steal.

His injuries have been really unfortunate, I'm really hoping he can get healthy. Hardy looked like a potential top 5 candidate before this year.

Comment

What round does everybody think Hardy is going to go in at this point? Is he a round 3/4 guy at this point or a little earlier/later? Either way he's fallen quite a bit since the beginning of the season, a lot of people were big fans of his. I'd really like to see him outperform his draft status, he's a bit of an underdog right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information