Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3-4 OLB's: Pass rushers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3-4 OLB's: Pass rushers

    Last year, my Packers GM made a brilliant move getting Clay Matthews in a rare, aggressive trade-up, to play OLB in our new 3-4 defense.

    He had 10 sacks in about 12 starts, with a few more called back on penalties.

    On the other hand, two other higher picks, 3-4 OLBers with supposed better size & speed, Robert Ayers and Larry English, each put up goose eggs in the sack column, nothing. I think Clint Sintim was another guy many people liked for that scheme. I don't know if he did anything, but I didn't hear his name mentioned since the draft.

    Brandon Graham
    Ricky Sapp
    Sergio Kindle
    Jerry Hughes

    Which guys do you expect immediate impact from getting to QBs from the OLB position? Am I missing any studs? Can the kid from Utah be like Matthews?

  • #2
    After Suh and Berry, Graham is probably my next 'sure-thing' in the draft. He will rule.

    My confidence in 3-4 OLBs goes in this order.

    1. Graham
    2. Hughes
    3. Norwood
    4. Gibson
    5. Schofield
    6. Griffen
    7. Kindle
    8. Sapp

    Comment


    • #3
      Everson Griffin is another possibility to play 3-4 lb.

      Personally I like Graham. If he slips to the Pats I can envision Matthews type rookie impact.

      Dude put on a one man show @ Michigan all by his self his JR & SR year.


      Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER


      Originally posted by Raheem Morris
      Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

      Comment


      • #4
        What about Everson Griffen, could he be a good OLB?
        2015 Bills Draft:

        This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

        Comment


        • #5
          1. Graham - He's the safest.
          2. Griffen
          3. Hardy
          4. Norwood (ILB/OLB?)
          5. Kindle
          6. Hughes
          7. Sapp

          Probably not how they'll be drafted, and the gap between each isn't huge. Personal preference, I'd rather steal Hardy late than take any of the others early.

          Comment


          • #6
            Interesting Kindle and Sapp so low for you two guys.

            Griffen worries me a little bit at that position. He kinda reminds me of Robert Ayers.

            With Harrison and Dumervil, I kinda like the lower, faster guys coming off the edge with their pad level and quickness.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
              1. Graham - He's the safest.
              2. Griffen
              3. Hardy
              4. Norwood (ILB/OLB?)
              5. Kindle
              6. Hughes
              7. Sapp

              Probably not how they'll be drafted, and the gap between each isn't huge. Personal preference, I'd rather steal Hardy late than take any of the others early.
              Norwood could potentially play either but, he's def. more comfortable off the edge and that's where he's at his best. The guy is just a football player though, you can put him anywhere.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • #8
                Top five. I'm split between Graham and Hughes at #1.

                1.) Graham
                2.) Hughes
                3.) Norwood
                4.) Kindle
                5.) Griffen

                Comment


                • #9
                  1. Brandon Graham
                  2. Jerry Hughes
                  3. Sergio Kindle
                  4. Jason Pierre-Paul
                  5. Everson Griffen
                  6. Jason Worlids
                  7. Koa Misi
                  8. Ricky Sapp

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sintim never ended up going to the 3-4 since NY took him, but he looked like a beast in limited action. I'm not sure if he'll be a full-time DE(which he looks the part to me), or OLB, but I think he's going to be very sucessful no doubt and is oozing with athleticism.


                    Outta this list, ironically I have Sapp and Kindle much much higher. Kindle has played in this hybrid D and gotten alot of time in a 3-4 defense, if he goes to a team with a creative defensive coordinator he won't have a hard time making an impact. He wasn't, and still isn't as polished as Orakpo, I mean he was going off of pure athleticism for so long and was a beastly RB/Safety in HS.



                    He's gotten used to being moved around, rushing standing up, hand in the dirt, from both sides of the line. How many of these guys can you say that about? Those are some of the first things I look for. If a guy has rushed the passer primarily with his hand in the dirt from one side ie Gholston, it's completely different asking him to go to a 3-4 and learn new techniques. I'd at least feel comfortable about Kindle in that he's done it all, has been moved around quite a bit in that scheme already, and has established moves for each side in each stance.




                    1. Graham
                    2. Hughes
                    3. Kindle
                    4. Griffen(dude was made to play 4-3 End, I wouldn't mess with him here so he's lower)
                    5. Sapp
                    6. Norwood
                    7. Hardy(he's a 4-3 End too, and a weak prospect at that, no way I take him before any of these other guys especially to take the risk in a 3-4)





                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      1. Brandon Graham
                      2. Jerry Hughes
                      3. Sergio Kindle
                      4. Jason Pierre-Paul
                      5. Everson Griffen
                      6. Jason Worlids
                      7. Koa Misi
                      8. Ricky Sapp
                      No Norwood at all?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        In terms of a pure pass-rusher, I'd have to rank Jerry Hughes at the top. He's going to be a beast if a team like the Jets pick him up.
                        Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i really think Koa Misi can surprise a lot of people. I feel like a lot of people are underestimating him.

                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Originally posted by Lions WMD
                          None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            Last year, my Packers GM made a brilliant move getting Clay Matthews in a rare, aggressive trade-up, to play OLB in our new 3-4 defense.

                            He had 10 sacks in about 12 starts, with a few more called back on penalties.

                            On the other hand, two other higher picks, 3-4 OLBers with supposed better size & speed, Robert Ayers and Larry English, each put up goose eggs in the sack column, nothing. I think Clint Sintim was another guy many people liked for that scheme. I don't know if he did anything, but I didn't hear his name mentioned since the draft.

                            Brandon Graham
                            Ricky Sapp
                            Sergio Kindle
                            Jerry Hughes

                            Which guys do you expect immediate impact from getting to QBs from the OLB position? Am I missing any studs? Can the kid from Utah be like Matthews?
                            English had 2 sacks and a bunch of pressures. Anyway I still think Hughes would beast it in a 3-4 with that speed around the edge but of these 4 I'd probably take Kindle.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              1st Round
                              1. Brandon Graham - Michigan (DE)
                              2. Everson Griffen - USC* (DE)
                              3. Sergio Kindle - Texas
                              4. Jerry Hughes - TCU

                              2nd Round
                              5. Ricky Sapp - Clemson
                              6. Koa Misi - Utah

                              3rd Round
                              7. Eric Norwood - South Carolina
                              8. Thaddeus Gibson - Ohio State*
                              9. Jason Worilds - Virginia Tech*

                              4th Round
                              10. Greg Hardy - Mississippi (DE)
                              11. Jermaine Cunningham (DE)
                              12. Arthur Moats - James Madison
                              13. O'Brien Schofield - Wisconsin

                              5th Round
                              14. Lindsey Witten - Connecticut (DE)
                              15. George Selvie - South Florida

                              big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information