JPP vs. Demarcus Ware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPP vs. Demarcus Ware

I saw some analysts in one of these draft videos comparing Jason Pierre-Paul to DeMarcus Ware when he came out in the 2005 draft. Small school product, tremendous ceiling, similar measurables, etc.

Is this analysis accurate? Does anyone remember if Ware came out of college as a very productive player or simply a raw prospect with tremendous upside?

No Ware was dominant I believe like 10 sacks his last year when he was already on everybody's draft radar. I think JPP is more athletic but Ware was bigger and to me has the better motor although I admit I have not seen that many USF games this year.

Ware used to dominate games, but I believe most of his games were against lower level teams and they played in the Sun Belt conference as opposed to playing in the Big East, where USF is.

40 time wise JPP is faster but who keeps track of those things anyway haha

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
    Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Ware was extremely productive at Troy but, he made his money at the combine. His performance was nothing short of exceptional. He went from a 3rd/4th round type of prospect to a 1st rounder.

JPP may have an upside similar to Ware's but, Ware was def. more ready than JPP was at this point. Looking at the LB drills alone, JPP looked good but, was a bit shaky here and there. Where as Ware, was extremely fluid and he really set himself apart from the others at the combine.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-09-2010, 12:30 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

They don't have similar measurables. When I saw Ware's combine workout, I thought I was looking at a wide receiver's numbers. Pierre-Paul proved he's not really that kind of athlete.

Comment

Sergio Kindle may be a more accurate comparison for Ware than JPP.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

First of all, shame on you for calling USF a small school.

And Ware actually produced some big nubers in college, unlike JPP.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfreak314 View Post
              40 time wise JPP is faster but who keeps track of those things anyway haha
              Correction Ware was faster as well 4.56 at the combine, 4.53 at his pro day

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
              Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

That just seems disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  They don't have similar measurables. When I saw Ware's combine workout, I thought I was looking at a wide receiver's numbers. Pierre-Paul proved he's not really that kind of athlete.
                  Ware was that good at the combine? I mean, everyone was saying JPP really impressed at the combine too.

I didn't watch the combine in 2005, so I'll have to trust you on that one.

Comment

ware looked like a pure manchild at the combine....

also ware is not nearly as stupid as JPP
                    E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                      ware looked like a pure manchild at the combine....

also ware is not nearly as stupid as JPP
                      Why is JPP stupid?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                        Why is JPP stupid?
                        hes just dumb, like very poorly educated. i mean i know theres alot of dumb athletes, but it doesnt hurt to be smart in life and be smart on the field. i just feel like he doesnt react well. not the most important thing but JPP has poor instincts imo and hes dumb as a brick, blitzes and assignments might be a big process for him to learn if he doesnt go somewhere where he can pinn his ears back and get the QB.

then again james harrison is really dumb too and hes a ******* beast.
                        E]

Comment

Ware actually burst onto the scene at the Senior Bowl. The combine was very good for him. But even on draft day, he was considered the risky pick and a bit of a reach. The surefire guys were rating Merriman higher. In fact, even after their rookie year's the Merriman gang looked to be more correct. People didn't start believing in Ware until his breakout 22 sack season. Before then, he was still a potential guy.

As for JPP, he's a 4-3 DE. I don't think he has the range to play OLB like Ware... especially in coverage.

Comment

Yeah Ware was fantastic at the senior bowl as well. Dropping jaws with how quick he was off the ball.

Manny Lawson pretty much followed Ware's path a few years later.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

Now that Ware is an established NFL star, everyone knew he was a great prospect. That's not the way it was in 2005, but hindsight has a way of changing history. The fact is many people were skeptical of the way he seemingly came out of nowhere. If JPP turns out to be a star, many people will be telling you they knew all along. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information