No announcement yet.

QB Wonderlic Scores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of the scores surprise me, specially Tebow's. I thought Bradford would have scored higher since we've been hearing how highly intelligent he was from Sooner fans. He's also been preparing for the draft and all the tests since like October so I expected something between 38-44.

Comment

These are all well above the range of concern. None are bad scores.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
        Agreed. Sure, it's nice to have a really high score, but I think the only time the Wonderlic should really affect your stock is if the score is alarmingly low, which none of these are.

Comment

Just for shits and giggs, anyone know what Jamarcus Russel got on this?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Vince Young got a 6. Beat that.

Comment

24, according to multiple sources on a google search.

Russell isn't stupid. He's just incredibly lazy.

Comment

HOF Alex Smith got a 40......

Comment

Originally posted by Geason Noceur View Post
                  None of the scores surprise me, specially Tebow's. I thought Bradford would have scored higher since we've been hearing how highly intelligent he was from Sooner fans. He's also been preparing for the draft and all the tests since like October so I expected something between 38-44.
                  I honestly thought Bradford would've gotten a higher mark since he got nearly a 4.0 GPA with a Finance degree and that **** isn't easy, I know because I took those classes too at OU.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                    Agreed. Only an insanely high score or an insanely low score would really stand out in my mind...a high score might score a few points for that prospect with me, but it wouldn't make me want to take him a round higher or anything like that. Same with a really low one.

Also, I know plenty of people who are legitimately smart but are terrible test takers. I don't put to much stock into this.

Comment

I don't really get why people are disappointed in Bradford. 36 is a damn good score, and while he did get a 4.0 in finance, that's a degree that while not easy, certainly isn't outlandishly hard..its not like he had a 4.0 in an engineering or physics field here.

Comment

The Wonderlic is kind of a ridiculous test. You get 12 minutes to answer 50 multiple choice questions (4 choices per a question).

Not only that, but the extremes on each end of the spectrum prove it doesn't really mean much about being a QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick reportedly finished his test in 9 minutes and only got 2 questions wrong (48 points). While Dan Marino scores a 16 and he's a HoF QB.

Comment

Marino was on coke however.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                            Saw this on Around the Horn, pretty interesting IMO:

Tim Tebow - 22/50
                            Pretty good for a FB.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                              The Wonderlic is kind of a ridiculous test. You get 12 minutes to answer 50 multiple choice questions (4 choices per a question).

Not only that, but the extremes on each end of the spectrum prove it doesn't really mean much about being a QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick reportedly finished his test in 9 minutes and only got 2 questions wrong (48 points). While Dan Marino scores a 16 and he's a HoF QB.

I wouldn't say it doesn't mean much, it's just one step in the process of grading a prospect and finalzing how you grade that guy. Just like you can't base an entire grade off of a 40 time, or a shuttle, or how far he throws, you just factor it all into the decision. If you like a guy a low score probably won't deter you from taking him, but a high score for a QB never hurts.

Reason why guys with really high scores have failed is because wonderlic has nothing to do with how well you can play football. Fitzpatrick is an ivy league guy and always was smart, and I bet he mastered the playbook as fast as he did the wonderlic and would probably be a good QB coach down the line so in that aspect it's relevant. All those guys with high scores probably learned the playbook really fast, remembered the plays, and knew what guys were supposed to be doing.

It still had nothing to do with their play on the field though, it's just nice to see what your working with especially if your giving a guy 30 million up front I'd want to know as much as I could.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I wouldn't say it doesn't mean much, it's just one step in the process of grading a prospect and finalzing how you grade that guy. Just like you can't base an entire grade off of a 40 time, or a shuttle, or how far he throws, you just factor it all into the decision. If you like a guy a low score probably won't deter you from taking him, but a high score for a QB never hurts.

Reason why guys with really high scores have failed is because wonderlic has nothing to do with how well you can play football. Fitzpatrick is an ivy league guy and always was smart, and I bet he mastered the playbook as fast as he did the wonderlic and would probably be a good QB coach down the line so in that aspect it's relevant. All those guys with high scores probably learned the playbook really fast, remembered the plays, and knew what guys were supposed to be doing.

It still had nothing to do with their play on the field though, it's just nice to see what your working with especially if your giving a guy 30 million up front I'd want to know as much as I could.
                                It's sounds like your arguing for me actually lol. I never said it doesn't mean anything I just said it doesn't mean much. And no doubt, it's nice to know what you're working with and this might be a good indicator of how fast a guy learns a play book. But even so, it's not like impossible for someone like Vince Young to learn a playbook as we know because he's ran a couple of them in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information