X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolando McClain has Crohn's disease

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rohns-disease/

Any info on was exactly is this?

From what I understand it's an inflammatory disease that effects the gastrointestinal tract. A friend of mine has it and it makes him susceptible to stomach pain/nausea, but can usually be kept fairly well in check with anti-inflammatory medication.

Comment

Should not affect his play on the field in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
        Should not affect his play on the field in any way.
        Unless it causes diarrhea on that day.

Comment

If he can control the flareups it's manageable. A coworker who sat behind me for 2-3 yrs had it & she spent most of the day in the restroom.

SHe said she was on massive Prednisone doses & it has horrible side effects, it's a corticosteroid that affects your central nervous system in awful ways -- the cure is worse than the disease. I took it for the flu & ****** me up righteous

Comment

Does this drop his stock?

Comment

Hope this insures that he drops to the Niners.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

This was probably why he was sick before the National Championship game... and look what he did in that game. I would still take him with a top 10 pick

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  Hope this insures that he drops to the Niners.
                  We already have a LB with a disease.

Look at the inflamed neck area

Comment

Originally posted by DenverJetsFan View Post
                    Does this drop his stock?
                    That really depends on medical information that teams have and we don't. But there have been quite a few professional athletes with Crohn's disease, David Garrard, Rolf Benirschke, and Chris Gedney of the NFL all had the disease; as did Shayne Corson, Theo Fleury, and Kevin Dineen of the NHL; as well as Olympian Rower Steve Redgrave. You can certainly perform at a high level in athletic competition with Crohn's, but this does mean that McClain has something to fight through that most players don't.

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
                      That really depends on medical information that teams have and we don't. But there have been quite a few professional athletes with Crohn's disease, David Garrard, Rolf Benirschke, and Chris Gedney of the NFL all had the disease; as did Shayne Corson, Theo Fleury, and Kevin Dineen of the NHL; as well as Olympian Rower Steve Redgrave. You can certainly perform at a high level in athletic competition with Crohn's, but this does mean that McClain has something to fight through that most players don't.
                      Wow, not like he wasn't impressive enough already.

Comment

Yah, it should be a non issue...I remember Garrard got real sick when he first got it but, the guy is healthy as ever, now that it's being treated and under control.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

I don't think this is really an issue.

Comment

Crohn's varies very widely. It can be as minor as causing occasional diarrhea or stomach aches...or it can be as serious as having parts of your intestine blocked or diseased to the point of not being allowed to eat and needing surgery to remove the bad parts of the intestine (or symptoms even worse that aren't best described here)

It can't be cured...effectiveness of medication also varies widely. Some take anti-inflammatory pills (steroids or otherwise), some have to have an IV infusion of medication every few months. Someone may be fine for months or years, then all of a sudden be in extreme, extreme pain and find themselves in the hospital.

So, while it may not be an issue now, it could be an extremely serious issue.

Signed,

Husband whose wife who was off work for three months, had to "eat" out of an IV bag for two months, and had a foot of small intestine removed.

Comment

Bigger issue to me was the hamstring injury. Could lend to some of his poor tape, and may be an interesting explanation for some of his shortcomings.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information