Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Rams go SB and the Lions are serious...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Rams go SB and the Lions are serious...

...about taking Russell Okung (they really may be), then what the heck happens past that?

1- STL: Bradford
    2- DET: Okung
    3- TB: Suh
    4- WAS: ???? (They just signed Keaumatu) Go with Clausen?
    5- Chiefs: Probably won't go NT or yet another DE this high... trade bait? Who moves up?
    6- SEA: If for some reason McCoy fell here he'd have to be the pick right?

Remember that at this time last year NO ONE thought Tyson Jackson was going top 10, let alone #3.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Although I think Suh is a better prospect I wouldn't be suprised if TB went McCoy there. McCoy seems like the perfect fit for a Tampa Two.
    Last edited by Stranger; 03-10-2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
      Although I think Suh is a better prospect I wouldn't be suprised if TB went MCCoy there. McCoy seems like the perfect fit for a Tampa Two.
      It's possible, but my question remains the same even if McCoy is taken over Suh at #3.
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

i'm absolutely not a fan of McCoy at the 5-technic. (komeutu (sp?) will play the NT, so that has nothing to do with McCoy)

i think in that situation WSH will draft Eric Berry at #4

maybe KC has an olinemen rated that high to pick him here, but i think they will go best D-player on their board.

SEA will go with a QB here
        Last edited by SloppyJoe; 03-10-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

This is not going to happen happening. DT is a greater need than OT for the Lions and the DT value is significantly better. The Lions seem to think Backus is solid and they have Cherilus on the right side. So if DT is a greater need and is a greater value, than why would they go with Okung. It will be Suh or McCoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
            Although I think Suh is a better prospect I wouldn't be suprised if TB went MCCoy there. McCoy seems like the perfect fit for a Tampa Two.
            i heard that alot. McCoy is the absolutey perfect fit at the 3-technic in our hybrid tampa2
            i think it comes down to this:
            is Morris the long term HC of our team? then mabe yes, you draft McCoy
            If our GM (i hope he stays a long time, with our without Morris) thinks that Morris is not the long term answer than you have to draft Suh.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
              It's possible, but my question remains the same even if McCoy is taken over Suh at #3.
              Suh fits much better than McCoy as a 3-4 end so if he was there at 4 I think Washington would take him.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                This is not going to happen happening. DT is a greater need than OT for the Lions and the DT value is significantly better. The Lions seem to think Backus is solid and they have Cherilus on the right side. So if DT is a greater need and is a greater value, than why would they go with Okung. It will be Suh or McCoy.
                Multiple reports indicate they are enamored with him and they've interviewed him/been linked to him at his pro day.

I also read a report that said that Coach Schwartz did say that if they found a better LT, Backus would slide inside.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

If McCoy is on the board when the SKins pick, they're trading out of that slot.

Comment

Unless they take Clausen

KC could take him then trade Dorsey or trade down

I can see him in Seattle as well or use him to trade down

Cleveland and Denver would be teams to trade up to get him, got rid of Corey Williams and would like to get rid of Shaun Rogers.

People thought it was insane to take Mario Williams over Reggie Bush, this is the same thing. They need to protect their franchise investment
                    Patriots Draft 2015
                    1. CB - Marcus Peters
                    2. WR - Sammie Coates
                    3. RB - David Johnson
                    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                    4. OG - Tre Jackson
                    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                    5. LB - Ben Heeney
                    6. TE - Wes Saxton
                    7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Clausen as a skin would be pretty badass

Comment

Im sure if Suh or McCoy fall past 3 there will be around 20 calls to the Redskins trying to trade up to snag one of them. Doubt the Lions pass up Suh though since this OT class is pretty deep. Just wonder if they took Oher last year.... Stafford Megatron Oher and Suh on D... sex

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

After the first round the OT's wont be so deep anymore
                          Patriots Draft 2015
                          1. CB - Marcus Peters
                          2. WR - Sammie Coates
                          3. RB - David Johnson
                          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                          4. OG - Tre Jackson
                          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                          5. LB - Ben Heeney
                          6. TE - Wes Saxton
                          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Why couldn't the Lions have just drafted Michael Oher last year ?

I mean you drafted a franchise QB few picks ealier !?

I don't care what that TE does in his career he will never be as good as Oher and it was clear as day. That TE will play for like 5 different teams if he even makes it that long in the NFL.

Some franchises will always suck because of this reasoning. We suck therefore we must take a skill position player because we're 1 TE short of really exploding over the guys who really win games OL/DL and sometimes QB's like THEY JUST FINISHED DRAFTING.

You draft the skill position player when he's clear cut best player available. You don't reach for a TE who's best attributes are as a blocker when you HAVE FRANCHISE OT's available. Never.

Who the hell is Jeff Backus in the league that his job on 0-16 teams is secured ? GTFOH.

Anyway, Lions must take Suh this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RWills View Post
                              After the first round the OT's wont be so deep anymore
                              this, the DTs is actually really deep this year

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information