Anthony Davis Falling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Davis Falling?

Anyone read his pro day? refused to weigh in, left before drills with multiple excuses, has already been flagged for character concerns, this guy could be falling fast with all the talent u at the top of the draft. Won't fall into round 2 though, some team that needs a tackle will take him. But who knows

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...e_anthony.html
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

The kid might just of cost himself being a 1st round draft pick. He could of went in the top 10 but made another poor decision. I could see him sliding into the top of the 2nd round

Reportedly Showing up to Rutgers Training Camp over weight

Showed up at the Combine overweight

Only bench pressed 225 21 times

Too many red flags?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
    Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

^ agreed. I mean if I was a GM/Coach, I would rather invest in someone like Bulaga or Okung (granted Okung is top 5), but guys that love the game and don't have red flags. Davis looks like he lacks the dedication, showing up overweight and his weight room strength not impressive. Why take a risk on a guy? He will still find a suitor however, someone needs a LT-and Davis has the upside to be a good one.

Comment

on one hand, he does have some good tape (although i did see a few things i didnt like, inconsistency and taking plays off that are away from him), so he could still get taken in the top half of the round a la Andre Smith. But on the other, he's had a pretty brutal offseason and I could easily see him falling into the 20s. I'd guess he falls somewhere inbetween like San Fran, Seattle, or Pitt

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

If Andre Smith can still be a top 10 pick I don't see Davis falling out of round 1.
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

This guy is really, really looking bad. I think we might see a free fall like never before with Davis.

Comment

Scouts are so pissed because of the pro day thing. He didn't even tell anyone. People knew he was injured but didn't know he wasn't even going to show up for interviews. Davis is doing everything he can to work his way out of the first. The thing is that his talent and physical tools are so immense that it will be hard for one team to not go for him in the first.

Comment

this is hilarious. typical case of over analysing. Yes, he's had a miserable, horrible offseason which I'm upset at him for. But his talent on the field is unmistakable. Honestly, these flags are over-weight (and not a mass amount like Cody, or even Andre Smith last year) and his sub-par combine? OH NOEZ!
                Some smart team will overlook these signs of laziness and immaturity from this 20 year old and whip his ass into shape and get a future STUD OT for years to come.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                  Scouts are so pissed because of the pro day thing. He didn't even tell anyone. People knew he was injured but didn't know he wasn't even going to show up for interviews. Davis is doing everything he can to work his way out of the first. The thing is that his talent and physical tools are so immense that it will be hard for one team to not go for him in the first.
                  HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THERE!?!?! I WANTED TO GO SOOO BADLY!
                  meh
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

He's likely flying down the boards but he plays a premier position and is a top talent so there's no way I see him falling out of round 1.

What a dummy, though. He has cost himself millions by making stupid decisions and being lazy. He could very well have gone top 10 but I won't be surprised to see him fall into the 20s.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THERE!?!?! I WANTED TO GO SOOO BADLY!
                      meh
                      Im magical, don't question my ways. But it wasn't too interesting. Though I will say that Munoz looked good and mentioned he was getting worked out as safety as well.

Comment

anybody know which scouts were pissed? i still can't see him falling past buffalo, seattle, san fran range.
                        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I don't want him at 9 now unless no one is there

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            this is hilarious. typical case of over analysing. Yes, he's had a miserable, horrible offseason which I'm upset at him for. But his talent on the field is unmistakable. Honestly, these flags are over-weight (and not a mass amount like Cody, or even Andre Smith last year) and his sub-par combine? OH NOEZ!
                            Some smart team will overlook these signs of laziness and immaturity from this 20 year old and whip his ass into shape and get a future STUD OT for years to come.
                            So being fat, lazy and having horrible work ethic should be overlooked? Hmm. Okay.

Anthony Davis, the Jamarcus Russel of offensive tackles!
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                              So being fat, lazy and having horrible work ethic should be overlooked? Hmm. Okay.

Anthony Davis, the Jamarcus Russel of offensive tackles!
                              EXCEPTTTT Anthony Davis was in shape come the season, which is all I cared about. And Jamarcus was fat and out of shape and had like half of a good season. Meanwhile, Davis' talent is undeniable. And he plays a position where it's ok to be fat. People are overlooking this. God forbid a 20 year old kid let this top 10 talk get to his head. He's messed up with this awful offseason, but just watch the tape, and he's a top 10 talent. Schiano whipped him back into shape, so what makes you think an NFL coach wouldn't. I'm just saying, the over-reactions are going to come pouring in because he's lazy. But hell, let him fall to the Giants, works for me.

The most hilarious part is the Bills fan saying he now doesn't want him at 9, which is hilarious. That OL is PUTRID, yet you don't want this clear top 10 talent because he's a lazy, immature 20 year old who has had a bad offseason? haha.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information