Marty Gilyard's pro day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Gilyard's pro day

Supposedly ran a 4.44 and 4.51. Question is do good pro days ressurect your stock when it has taken a hit at the combine?

Not 40's because tracks are inconsisitent

it is the individual drills and working closer with scouts that helps. I read that he dropped 3 or 4 balls but I expect him to still be a late 2 or early 3
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

I'm not sure his stock even took a hit at the Combine he looked like what people expectedthese 40s wouldn't change it much anyway. Maybe he's a second rounder but that's his ceiling. That being said he's a very good prospect as a #2 WR

Comment

I love Gilyard and everytime I've seen him play, he's been electricifying.
        He always seemed to be a sub 4.4 guy to me, and I would not be surprised if he was the WR out of this draft who had the earliest impact in the NFL.

Bigtime sleeper and I imagine him having an Eddie Royal/Percy Harvin type rookie year.

EDIT: Also, I think scouts like to see skill players run good 40 times, especially WRs. That 4.4. at Cincinnati is a relief I'm sure to several organizations.
        Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 03-11-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

40 is a must if he wants to be taken off the board before Benn and Thomas.

Comment

You just misspelled the wide receiver's God name.
            I shall rape you.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
              I love Gilyard and everytime I've seen him play, he's been electricifying.
              He always seemed to be a sub 4.4 guy to me, and I would not be surprised if he was the WR out of this draft who had the earliest impact in the NFL.

Bigtime sleeper and I imagine him having an Eddie Royal/Percy Harvin type rookie year.

EDIT: Also, I think scouts like to see skill players run good 40 times, especially WRs. That 4.4. at Cincinnati is a relief I'm sure to several organizations.
              He plays faster than his timed speed and he is quick in and out of his breaks. Plus he can return kicks, that is a lot of value for a player who might slip to third but some team will get a keeper

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
              Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Gilyard is a first round pick. Way better than Golden "My QB is a first rounder, yours is not" Tate, Arrelious "Lazy Legs" Benn and maybe Dez "Unfair Suspension" Bryant.

I've been picking him for months to go to Cincy at #21. And that's where he should go. But somehow he'll fall to the late 2nd, which is stupid.

Gilyard and Pike > Tate and Clausen

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                  Gilyard is a first round pick. Way better than Golden "My QB is a first rounder, yours is not" Tate, Arrelious "Lazy Legs" Benn and maybe Dez "Unfair Suspension" Bryant.

I've been picking him for months to go to Cincy at #21. And that's where he should go. But somehow he'll fall to the late 2nd, which is stupid.

Gilyard and Pike > Tate and Clausen
                  You know i'm one of your biggest supporters but i dont agree with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    You know i'm one of your biggest supporters but i dont agree with that one.
                    Clausen and Tate are just two more overrated future busts from ND.

Comment

Clausen and Tate are just two more overrated future busts from ND.
                      Dont tell Wicket that he'll be on a boat to the states to talk to you.

I know there are a lot of reasons not to like the Irish but i like Clausen easily over Pike. Tate not as much but i think he'll be a good pro. Gilyard i think is pretty good, sort of in the Damien Williams category. I prefer bigger receivers like Benn, Thomas and Riley Cooper. My top wideouts would be:

Bryant (barely)
                      Benn
                      Thomas
                      Cooper
                      Tate
                      Decker
                      Williams
                      Gilyard

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        Dont tell Wicket that he'll be on a boat to the states to talk to you.

I know there are a lot of reasons not to like the Irish but i like Clausen easily over Pike. Tate not as much but i think he'll be a good pro. Gilyard i think is pretty good, sort of in the Damien Williams category. I prefer bigger receivers like Benn, Thomas and Riley Cooper. My top wideouts would be:

Bryant (barely)
                        Benn
                        Thomas
                        Cooper
                        Tate
                        Decker
                        Williams
                        Gilyard
                        He'd be in the wrong country anyway.

And I agree, but Decker is kinda high, huh?

Comment

He'd be in the wrong country anyway.

And I agree, but Decker is kinda high, huh?
                          Yeah with his foot problem he probably is. Could be a good value if taken after the second though.

Comment

That would be a horrible pick. They need big receivers, not another 6'0 guy like everyone on the roster is. They also don't need a kick returner or punt returner. He doesn't fit what they need at the position at all. I don't think they would even take him in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                              That would be a horrible pick. They need big receivers, not another 6'0 guy like everyone on the roster is. They also don't need a kick returner or punt returner. He doesn't fit what they need at the position at all. I don't think they would even take him in the second round.
                              Is Cincy going to line up with all big receivers, Cinco, Matt Jones, T.O. (maybe)?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information