Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marty Gilyard's pro day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marty Gilyard's pro day

    Supposedly ran a 4.44 and 4.51. Question is do good pro days ressurect your stock when it has taken a hit at the combine?

  • #2
    Not 40's because tracks are inconsisitent

    it is the individual drills and working closer with scouts that helps. I read that he dropped 3 or 4 balls but I expect him to still be a late 2 or early 3
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not sure his stock even took a hit at the Combine he looked like what people expectedthese 40s wouldn't change it much anyway. Maybe he's a second rounder but that's his ceiling. That being said he's a very good prospect as a #2 WR

      Comment


      • #4
        I love Gilyard and everytime I've seen him play, he's been electricifying.
        He always seemed to be a sub 4.4 guy to me, and I would not be surprised if he was the WR out of this draft who had the earliest impact in the NFL.

        Bigtime sleeper and I imagine him having an Eddie Royal/Percy Harvin type rookie year.

        EDIT: Also, I think scouts like to see skill players run good 40 times, especially WRs. That 4.4. at Cincinnati is a relief I'm sure to several organizations.
        Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 03-11-2010, 03:19 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          40 is a must if he wants to be taken off the board before Benn and Thomas.

          Comment


          • #6
            You just misspelled the wide receiver's God name.
            I shall rape you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
              I love Gilyard and everytime I've seen him play, he's been electricifying.
              He always seemed to be a sub 4.4 guy to me, and I would not be surprised if he was the WR out of this draft who had the earliest impact in the NFL.

              Bigtime sleeper and I imagine him having an Eddie Royal/Percy Harvin type rookie year.

              EDIT: Also, I think scouts like to see skill players run good 40 times, especially WRs. That 4.4. at Cincinnati is a relief I'm sure to several organizations.
              He plays faster than his timed speed and he is quick in and out of his breaks. Plus he can return kicks, that is a lot of value for a player who might slip to third but some team will get a keeper


              Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER


              Originally posted by Raheem Morris
              Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

              Comment


              • #8
                Gilyard is a first round pick. Way better than Golden "My QB is a first rounder, yours is not" Tate, Arrelious "Lazy Legs" Benn and maybe Dez "Unfair Suspension" Bryant.

                I've been picking him for months to go to Cincy at #21. And that's where he should go. But somehow he'll fall to the late 2nd, which is stupid.

                Gilyard and Pike > Tate and Clausen

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                  Gilyard is a first round pick. Way better than Golden "My QB is a first rounder, yours is not" Tate, Arrelious "Lazy Legs" Benn and maybe Dez "Unfair Suspension" Bryant.

                  I've been picking him for months to go to Cincy at #21. And that's where he should go. But somehow he'll fall to the late 2nd, which is stupid.

                  Gilyard and Pike > Tate and Clausen
                  You know i'm one of your biggest supporters but i dont agree with that one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    You know i'm one of your biggest supporters but i dont agree with that one.
                    Clausen and Tate are just two more overrated future busts from ND.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                      Clausen and Tate are just two more overrated future busts from ND.
                      Dont tell Wicket that he'll be on a boat to the states to talk to you.

                      I know there are a lot of reasons not to like the Irish but i like Clausen easily over Pike. Tate not as much but i think he'll be a good pro. Gilyard i think is pretty good, sort of in the Damien Williams category. I prefer bigger receivers like Benn, Thomas and Riley Cooper. My top wideouts would be:

                      Bryant (barely)
                      Benn
                      Thomas
                      Cooper
                      Tate
                      Decker
                      Williams
                      Gilyard

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        Dont tell Wicket that he'll be on a boat to the states to talk to you.

                        I know there are a lot of reasons not to like the Irish but i like Clausen easily over Pike. Tate not as much but i think he'll be a good pro. Gilyard i think is pretty good, sort of in the Damien Williams category. I prefer bigger receivers like Benn, Thomas and Riley Cooper. My top wideouts would be:

                        Bryant (barely)
                        Benn
                        Thomas
                        Cooper
                        Tate
                        Decker
                        Williams
                        Gilyard
                        He'd be in the wrong country anyway.

                        And I agree, but Decker is kinda high, huh?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          He'd be in the wrong country anyway.

                          And I agree, but Decker is kinda high, huh?
                          Yeah with his foot problem he probably is. Could be a good value if taken after the second though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                            I've been picking him for months to go to Cincy at #21. And that's where he should go. But somehow he'll fall to the late 2nd, which is stupid.
                            That would be a horrible pick. They need big receivers, not another 6'0 guy like everyone on the roster is. They also don't need a kick returner or punt returner. He doesn't fit what they need at the position at all. I don't think they would even take him in the second round.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                              That would be a horrible pick. They need big receivers, not another 6'0 guy like everyone on the roster is. They also don't need a kick returner or punt returner. He doesn't fit what they need at the position at all. I don't think they would even take him in the second round.
                              Is Cincy going to line up with all big receivers, Cinco, Matt Jones, T.O. (maybe)?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information