K-State LB/TE
    6'3 235 4.38 40 46'' vertical...

J.Konzzzzz anyone?

Are those real numbers?

He's White too..

Comment

hello 2nd round.
      http://www.kentstatesports.com/ViewA...CLID=204906369

Projected as a tight end/wide receiver in the NFL, the fifth-year senior turned in a 46-inch vertical leap and a 4.38 40-yard dash among his other measurements. Konzí vertical leap was two inches better than what any player turned in at the recent NFL combine, while his 40 time would have ranked second among all tight ends and wide receivers.

Comment

Wild numbers..
        Last edited by ToldLikeItIs; 03-11-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

You wonder what guys like this would produce at football factories like Bama and SC. Kent State has produced some sleepers like Gates and Edelman so maybe he'll get a chance. The numbers are pretty remarkable for a guy that size.

Comment

It make me wonder 2 things.

1. Why he wasn't recruited at those football factories

2. Why he couldn't dominate with those physical skills.

Comment

perhaps he is just so mind blowingly mediocre at football that his freakish athletic ability can't even compromise that much

looks to me/feels a lot to me like matt jones sans cocaine
              Last edited by Jimmy; 03-11-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Julian Edelman 2.0?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by RedVision View Post
                  It make me wonder 2 things.

1. Why he wasn't recruited at those football factories

2. Why he couldn't dominate with those physical skills.
                  Clay Matthews was a 190lb walkon at SC who would probably have been told to hit the road if he wasnt Clay Matthews kid. A lot can happen between highschool and your senior year in college.

Comment

With those flowing blonde locks, he's a....lock....to play in Green Bay.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

I'm currently a Kent State student and I have been watching this kid play for the past three seasons.

As a linebacker he was probably our best linebacker back in the 07 season, but thats not saying much on our football team. At tightend he never turned into anything special. First year they moved him there he was hurt most of the season and only had 2 catches. This past year he put in a decent year, but nothing outstanding. 21 catches, 298 yards and a couple TDs.

He is an absolute freak athlete though. I have a pretty close friend whos been on the team for a couple years, told me a couple years back right before they moved Konz to tight end he managed to clock in a low 4.3 time on one of his 40s. But I would be surprised if someone drafts him before the 7th round, if at all. His raw athleticism gives him potential and he has pretty good size, both height and bulk. I've seen him around campus and I'd say hes closer to 6'4. But it never really translated into anything spectacular on the field, in what for the most part is a pretty weak conference. If a team can get him very late or as an undrafted free agent, he is definitely worth a look based on his measureables alone.

And as far as Edelman 2.0, I really really don't see it happening. Edelman didn't have the timed straight-line speed like Konz, but Edelman was crafty and agile. He would stop on a dime and make defenders miss and pull of a lot of quick little side steps and spins for extra yardage. Edelman was just a much more fluid, overall superior athlete.
                      Last edited by chocolatebutterr; 03-11-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

no production>40 time

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                          Julian Edelman 2.0?
                          Well they are both white and played at Kent State...besides that I can't find any similarities, either that or my sarcasm radar is failing me miserably. If you are going to use that logic he is more Antonio Gates than Edleman lol

Edelman was a non BCS conference QB picked in the seventh round to play the slot at 6-0 190 with mid 4.5 speed and a 36 inch vert. This dude has almost 50 pounds on Edelman, is .2 seconds faster in the 40, and has 10 inches more of a vert. Kotz does look to offer some versatility, he caught 21 balls for 300 yards with 2 TDs as a senior after being converted from DE. Don't know if he is like anyone recently, closest would be Connor Barwin in my opinion.

Comment

no way he makes it into the second round but he will be a mid round pick. You can't have freakish athleticism and not get drafted unless you are an idiot... (see mike williams)
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Awesome man

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information