What is Brandon Graham missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Brandon Graham missing?

I've been pretty high on this guy since before the Senior Bowl. I always thought he would be a nice pick for the 49ers at 17. Now I'm starting to think we may have to take him at 13...some people may think I'm crazy....but really, what is he missing to be considered a top 15 pick?

He has good triangle numbers and his tape speaks for itself. He has what it takes to get after the QB and now that we know his atheletic ability is an asset and not a liability...what do you think he is missing? What does JPP have that he doesn't?

Lack of ideal height and lack of long arms to make up for it are the big two knocks you'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
      He has good triangle numbers
      That is what's missing. He's not very tall, has short arms and isn't a blazer.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

about 3 inches

other than not having ideal height theres no reason for him not to be the first d-end off the boards. and lets be honest his height takes nothing away from his skills or abilities its just something for scouts to hate on
        Big Blue Wrecking Crew

Comment

It's all his height. If he was even 6'3" I'm fairly confident he'd be at least in the talk for top 10 consideration. Maybe that's just the homer in me talking, but I honestly don't see anything other than height that's keeping him from being the first DE off the board.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

He's like a alligator in pads. But he'd be a beast on our team

Comment

hey being short could give him better leverage

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                Well, while he didn't run an incredible time at Indy or anything, he was running in the 4.58 range in training consistently. And let's be honest, guys that were supposed to be "freaks" at the combine like Kindle, Dunlap, Sapp, and JPP ran basically the same official times.

And just to throw it out there, his arm length is basically identical to LaMarr Woodley...........................

Originally posted by Jakey
                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                  Just to ask you, what do you make of the fact of his 30" arms in Mobile and 32 1/4" arms in Indy? While still short, his arms no longer seem stubby and at 268 he met my expectations with a low 4.7. Speaking purely hypotehticially, if Graham were somewhere in the 258-260 range I think he cracks that 4.7 mark and makes him look, well, fairly physically gifted if you view him as a Linebacker. I know you see him at DE, but for 3-4 teams looking at Graham do you think there's a bigger question about his speed or simply his coverage instincts/ability in space?

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

If Dwight Freeney and Elvis Dumervil are good precendents, he's really not missing anything.

Comment

He's missing prototype size and speed. The production is great. Even if you say he could be the next Woodley or Harrison on the outside those guys were 2nd round and free agent types. He'll go a lot higher than that.

Comment

I've been pretty high on this guy since before the Senior Bowl. I always thought he would be a nice pick for the 49ers at 17. Now I'm starting to think we may have to take him at 13...some people may think I'm crazy....but really, what is he missing to be considered a top 15 pick?

He has good triangle numbers and his tape speaks for itself. He has what it takes to get after the QB and now that we know his atheletic ability is an asset and not a liability...what do you think he is missing? What does JPP have that he doesn't?
                        He's missing the height, but that's about it. However, I think it's an advantage because he can push offensive tackles back in the passing game.

Comment

I think he will go top 10... so honestly, I don't think he is missing anything. I have Buffalo taking him at 9.

Owner of ScarDraft
                          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Its hard to look past certain things that are "missing" but i dont see why we cant look at Graham and see what a beast he could be in the right scheme or positives that can overshadow the negatives.

Comment

He didn't go to a good school.
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information