Calling all takers for #10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all takers for #10

The Jags trading down for Tebow just feels like a no brainer.

Whos the most likely?

I think the Giants are going to go hard after Mclain. The Jags could do a double trade down.

New England has three 2nd Rounders.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Steelers are a possibility this year. Maybe for Haden. But considering how deep this draft is, i hope it doesnt happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
        Yeah, but we won't trade up. We better stick at #22 and take our biggest need, which is TE.

Comment

I think New England. For one of the following: J. Haden, J. Pierre-Paul, or R. McClain. They could give up the 22nd and one of the second round picks. I also think they will trade one of their seconds for G. Olsen TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
            Thatd certainly make up for all their recent draft blunders.

I dont think itd cost too much b/c of the Jags obvious motivations. #22 and a 2nd plus future considerations would do it for them.

They can go a number of ways. Spiller the sexiest.

Anthony Davis is perfect for the Cowboys, no? G from day 1 and tackle in year 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan4224 View Post
              I think New England. For one of the following: J. Haden, J. Pierre-Paul, or R. McClain. They could give up the 22nd and one of the second round picks. I also think they will trade one of their seconds for G. Olsen TE.
              I root against the Pats b/c theyre bad people but Greg Olsen, CJ Spiller and a mid 2nd left over(Ricky Sapp?) is a nice haul.

Or they could take their last remaining 2nd, combine it w/ a 3rd and get back into the 1st for Brandon Graham.

Spiller, Graham, Olsen. Not bad

Comment

Originally posted by Incogneetus69 View Post
                I root against the Pats b/c theyre bad people but Greg Olsen, CJ Spiller and a mid 2nd left over(Ricky Sapp?) is a nice haul.

Or they could take their last remaining 2nd, combine it w/ a 3rd and get back into the 1st for Brandon Graham.

Spiller, Graham, Olsen. Not bad
                We're bad people? May I ask you why?

All people think we're like the "evil" team in the NFL for a reason, and I still don't understand why.

Dude, may I ask which team do you root for?

Comment

Pressuring players to play w/ concussions, head coach who sleeps w/ another mans wife and has no class, oh and cheating. I dont trust Tom Bradys freaky large forehead. Randy Moss disrespects the game. Oh, and cheating

-The Cowboys! 1 arrest in like 5 plus years and it was for public intoxication. Pac Man was a bad dream though

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                    Yeah, but we won't trade up. We better stick at #22 and take our biggest need, which is TE.
                    I think trading up would be a bit of a reversal over the last couple of years but that may be what happens. Not sure who they'd be targeting up there at ten. They are in need of an impact WR but i'm not in love with Bryant or anyone else there. TE as you say but that could be had later. I just expect them to shake it up a bit.

Wouldnt discount totally a jump to #2 to grab Suh, the Lions could gather some picks and still get a good O-lineman later.

Comment

Wait, dont you all know the Ravens are moving up for Dez Bryant? Silly NFLDCers.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Pressuring players to play w/ concussions, head coach who sleeps w/ another mans wife and has no class, oh and cheating. I dont trust Tom Bradys freaky large forehead. Randy Moss disrespects the game. Oh, and cheating
                        Nothing has been officially proved on the cheating, so be quiet. All they did was accuse us without any concrete proof and take our 1st round pick away.

Randy Moss disrespecting the game... Yeah, 23 TDs in a season totally show it.

What does Brady's forehead has to do with this?

This is mostly jealousy from all the other 31 NFL teams who wasn't won 3 SBs in 4 years, or had a perfect season.

We aren't the villains, people. The entire league is.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          Nothing has been officially proved on the cheating, so be quiet. All they did was accuse us without any concrete proof and take our 1st round pick away.

Randy Moss disrespecting the game... Yeah, 23 TDs in a season totally show it.

What does Brady's forehead has to do with this?

This is mostly jealousy from all the other 31 NFL teams who wasn't won 3 SBs in 4 years, or had a perfect season.

We aren't the villains, people. The entire league is.

18-1*

Disrespectful to get paid millions and half ass it

The NFL just takes 1st rounders and fines teams millions all the time on a whim

What doesnt Tom Bradys monster fievhead have to do w/ this?

Comment

18-1*

Disrespectful to get paid millions and half ass it

The NFL just takes 1st rounders and fines teams millions all the time on a whim

What doesnt Tom Bradys monster fievhead have to do w/ this?
                            Half assing it? Moss was giving his heart and soul to that team. It was ESPN's fault that Moss has been labeled as a lazy bum since then. Just because he's getting older and his production is dropping, it doesn't mean that he's quitting on football.

And the NFL has never punished a team by taking their 1st round pick. The only case? the 2007 New England Patriots.

Comment

RealityCheck: Really? considering your screenname, I find it hard to believe that you don't know why people think the Partiots are "evil". Well, here's a reality check for you:

Part of the reason, of course, is that they were THE team to beat over the past decade. With such sustained success, it is inevitable that fans of the other 31 NFL teams would band together and view the Patriots as super-villains that needed to be slain.

In the case of the Patriots, though, thats only a small part of the reason people view them as "evil". The other reasons?

1. They got caught cheating. We can argue until we're both blue in the face about the EXTENT of their cheating and how much it did or didn't impact games, but the bottom line is this: THEY CHEATED. I'm gonna go ahead and make the bold guess that this is the single BIGGEST reason people feel the Patriots are "evil". NFL fans are passionate about their favorite teams. The idea that their favorite team may have been at a disadvantage due to the Patriots' shady antics does not sit well with them. If the tables were turned, and we found out that some OTHER team, lets say the Giants, had been cheating during a year in which they reached the Super Bowl, I'm guessing you'd be pretty upset too. Cheating is a pretty big deal. I mean, honestly, how many sports coaches have an entire South Park episode dedicated to them? You have to understand: For the past 10 years, all anyone heard about is Tom Terriffic and his wonderful Patriots. Between 2001 and 2009, you couldn't turn on any sort of NFL programming without hearing one or more analysts sucking on Belichick's anal cavity. "What a great team!", "What a great coach!", "What a dynasty!", "Greatest team ever?!", and on and on it went until we all wanted to vomit. So, after hearing all this nauseating drivel for the better part of a decade, what did we find out? THEY FREAKING CHEATED! I don't know how much that invalidates their accomplishments to other people, but it sure invalidates them to a large degree in MY humble opinion.

2. Bill Belichick is a grade "A" ***-hole. I realize he is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest (though most people wouldn't go that far, given reason 1 listed above) head coaches of all time. Almost any NFL fan would probably love to have Belichick as the head coach of THEIR team, no matter WHAT they tell you. Still, this doesn't change the fact that he's a real jerk. I seem to remember a scandal coming out not too long ago regarding a player who accused Belichick of hurrying him back onto the practice field before he was ready, putting him in physical danger. Thats not the only isntance of Belichick's douche-i-tude, of course. The man PROJECTS evil with his Sith Lord hoodie and his behavior toward media/fans/players in general. A great coach? yes. A likeable figure? hardly...or should I say "Haaahdly."

3. Tom Brady, the face of the franchise, is constantly on the cover of GQ and in fashion ads, and is married to a super model. In a sport where only the macho survive, well, how should I put this? A lot of people feel that Tom Brady is, to quote the hilarious tribesman from Ace Ventura 2: "A LEETLE SEESY GIRL!" I'm not saying its FAIR to criticize Brady in this manner, I'm just telling you what people outside of New England tend to feel about him. ON the football field, he's a sure-fire future hall of famer (albeit one who whines to the officials way too often) and one of the top 5 QBs of all time. OFF the field, he's a butt-chinned fashion model with a famous and super-hot girlfriend, and this makes football fans (who by and large are NOT "GQ model handsome" and DON'T typically have super-model girlfriends) dislike him. Again, not saying any of this is fair, just trying to help you understand. Also, whereas many "face of the league" QBs have been likeable public figures (Peyton Manning and Joe Montana immediately come to mind), Brady has always been as private and as standoffish as Belichick. Not saying this is a fair reason to assign the "Evil" label either, just adding to the list.

4. Did I mention they cheated? I can't over-emphasize this one enough. Patriots fans tend to downplay it and dismiss it as insignificant. The rest of us, though, are still not cool with it. Again, I insist that you would feel differently about the matter as well if you weren't a Pats fan.

So that should sum it up pretty well. To recap: Part of the hatred of the Patriots stems from jealousy. People are jealous of Tom's life off the field, of the Pats' success ON the field, and of the fact that the Pats were the "team of the decade". The MAIN reason that people think the Pats are "evil", though, is the fact that they broke the rules, gained an unfair advantage, and are led by an evil, hoodie-wearing a-hole sith lord.

Any more explanation necessary?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information