2011 QB class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 QB class

Needs it's own thread and we can keep it in the archives for future referance.

1. Jake Locker
    1a. Ryan Mallett
    3. Christian Ponder
    4. Pat Devlin
    5. Robert Griffin
    6. Terrelle Pryor
    7. Jerrod Johnson
    8. Ricki Stanzi

Let me edit i dont think Andrew Luck will come out but he would be near the top for sure.
    Last edited by Babylon; 03-14-2010, 02:18 PM.

1. Locker
    2. Mallett
    12313903248543757358375838572055. Yates

Comment

LockerzZZZzZZZzzzz

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Does anybody else think the Wildcat with a college QB that the Jets started is going to continue with guys like Robert Griffin and Terrelle Pryor? Pryor showed us in the Rose bowl that having a mobile QB for third and short makes it nearly impossible to be stopped.

Comment

Don't forget the immortal ginger Nick Stephens.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Since I'm in the ranking mood today, I'll show you my early 2011 QB Rankings (Top 10):

1. Jake Locker, Washington, Senior
            2. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas, Junior
            3. Andrew Luck, Stanford, Sophomore (RS)
            4. Christian Ponder, Florida State, Senior
            5. Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State, Junior
            6. Pat Devlin, Delaware, Senior
            7. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa, Senior
            8. Case Keenum, Houston, Senior
            9. Greg McElroy, Alabama, Senior
            10. Jerrod Johnson, Texas A&M, Senior
            Last edited by thebow305; 03-14-2010, 02:39 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
              Since I'm in the ranking mood today, I'll show you my early 2011 QB Rankings (Top 10):

9. Greg McElroy, Alabama, Junior
              If Luck were to come out, which I dont think he will, than that means he would be coming off a great year, in which case I cant convince myself that he isnt the most obvious #1 overall pick in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                If Luck were to come out, which I dont think he will, than that means he would be coming off a great year, in which case I cant convince myself that he isnt the most obvious #1 overall pick in a long time.
                In that case i'd like Luck to go about 3rd. He doesnt have quite the arm of a Locker and Mallett and when he had to throw in games this year i thought he forced a lot. He reminds me of a Jim Kelly who back in the day was ranked behind a few other guys when he came out.

Comment

Greg McElroy is a senior this year Bow.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    Greg McElroy is a senior this year Bow.
                    Oh ok. I'll fix that, I could have sworn he was only a Sophomore this year. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      In that case i'd like Luck to go about 3rd. He doesnt have quite the arm of a Locker and Mallett and when he had to throw in games this year i thought he forced a lot. He reminds me of a Jim Kelly who back in the day was ranked behind a few other guys when he came out.
                      Agreed. Jake Locker would have been the top QB prospect and #1 pick had he come out this year. Now, assuming he doesn't do anything to hurt that this upcoming season, I don't see how that changes.

Although I see the 2011 QB class to be considerably stronger than '10, I think the only one that will challenge him is Mallett. His accuracy is a little spotty at times, but his arm strength is arguably the best I've seen in a QB in the last decade. And that includes JaMarcus Russell. He can make ALL the throws needed to be a great QB in the NFL, while possessing great leadership qualities and unrivaled competitiveness and fire.

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post

9. Greg McElroy, Alabama, Senior
                        Jerrod Johnson is higher than Pryor IMO and I would put Robert Griffin on this list somewhere, his athletic ability can't be overlooked, he is far better than Pat White IMO.

Comment

Kellen Moore and Russell Wilson also need some consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            Jerrod Johnson is higher than Pryor IMO and I would put Robert Griffin on this list somewhere, his athletic ability can't be overlooked, he is far better than Pat White IMO.
                            Eh, I don't know about that. I like Griffin alot, but as you can see with Pat White this year, unless he's willing to become a WR or just accept a role as a niche player, there's not much need for a speedy, undersized, system QB in the NFL.

Jerrod Johnson has a shot because of his size and above average arm strength, but I have my doubts about him as well.

Comment

I can't wait to see how Terrelle Pryor looks this year.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information