3/15 - Mock Draft Updated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/15 - Mock Draft Updated!

I just posted a new mock draft! You can link to the latest edition via the main page:

2010 Mock Draft - v.7.0
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

I love when there's a new unexpected mock. Makes my day.

I really like Kyle Wilson to the Ravens. If he's there he is going to be very hard to pass up.

Can't wait to see D-Unit's reaction to Taylor Mays going to the Cowboys.

Comment

Surprises were Bulaga, JPP, Dunlap, Pouncey for me. Good read and A+ on the Suh pick!

Comment

Made me sad that McClain, Haden, and even Anthony Davis went before the Steelers. I would be happy with Spiller, though. I could see Pouncey at 18 as well.

Comment

I really hope we pass on the Dunlap trap. We don't need another type of Pacman draft pick. Potential be damned, I'd much rather have Weatherspoon or Everson Griffen if we chose to go DE in this scenario.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

first off, if Brian Price falls to the 2nd, he will be the steal of the draft... hell i would want him even if we got McCoy!

now for the Bucs picks, McCoy is great... Thomas is a slight reach at 35 but I would be ok with it... Chad Jones is a great player but we have a bigger need at CB and it looks like we will sign a SS soon in FA, so id rather take a Perrish Cox here
            save Freeman

Comment

Man, I'll be pissed if we don't draft a single DT in the first two rounds. Canty was good when healthy and Alford looked good, but he's coming off knee surgery and we have no one else of note on the roster, Cofield's a tolerable 4th DT, but he's really mediocre. With how far you've got dan williams and price falling I can only pray that we trade down, grab DW in round one and then move up in the second to secure Price.

On the OL we need a center but outside of that we're solid. Beatty should be taking over at LT, Whimper can beat out McKenzie at RT, Diehl and Snee are two stud Guards who have a lot left in the tank which leaves just C where O'hara is washed up, although I could see Snee or Seubert, who's not quite done yet, taking that spot.
              Last edited by Rosebud; 03-15-2010, 01:44 AM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I really like the Colt McCoy to the Seahawks, for some reason that is something that I have felt this whole offseason that would be a good place for him.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Berry would be the ideal pick but I've a hard time believing KC would pass him. In the 2nd-can't argue against McCourty but still I'd rather a WR. TB taking Thomas I don't see-they need a #1 to step right in and he's a project. I want Thomas at #38 but will settle for D.Williams.
                  Last edited by Brown Leader; 03-15-2010, 01:47 AM.

Originally posted by borg9
                  Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                    first off, if Brian Price falls to the 2nd, he will be the steal of the draft... hell i would want him even if we got McCoy!

now for the Bucs picks, McCoy is great... Thomas is a slight reach at 35 but I would be ok with it... Chad Jones is a great player but we have a bigger need at CB and it looks like we will sign a SS soon in FA, so id rather take a Perrish Cox here
                    What he said.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Hey Scott, would love to hear your analysis regarding the Browns and the QBs in this year's draft, after what's happened last few days.

Clayton was on ESPN explaining how we are looking for Bradford/Clausen in Rd 1.

Any initial thoughts?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Hey Scott, I really doubt Trent Williams will be the pick. Reports were that we didnt even have a raiders scout at there pro day last week so I doubt we are interested in him

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Haha! That's where I had Trent Williams, Derrick Morgan, and Taylor Mays going as well! (The others we had the same I assume a lot of drafts have)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=39387

One thing though is that the 49ers put a decent deal of weight on the combine so I don't really think someone like Haden, who had a questionable 40, would be a selection for them.

It's interesting that you call Price a NT but a lot of Vikings fans when they criticize mock drafts don't like him going to them because they view him as a UT.

I find it interesting though that you have Colt McCoy going that high when he's yet to do anything. I could see the Seahawks being able to get him in the third.

Also, after his 40 and his generally poor off-season so far, why is LaFell being drafted so high?

And I know this is supposed to be a deep Safety class, but do you really see six going in the first two rounds? That seems like an awful lot for the position.

As for our picks, I can't complain. I'm a fan of Alualu's.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

- I was always able to buy that Kansas City would have Bulaga rated as a close second to Okung and would look his way were the latter already off the board. They would have to really like Bulaga to take him in that scenario.

- It would be interesting to see if Oakland drafts Williams, especially since they were notably absent from the Oklahoma Pro Day.

- I'm not sold that the Jags would go after JPP after bringing Kampman on board. Granted, taking a linebacker would be a small reach there, but maybe Weatherspoon gets big consideration there.

- Morgan to the Seahawks makes perfect sense unless Carroll is indeed bringing the 34 front to Seattle.

Other than that, everything looks great. Oh, and if Oakland got Brian Price in the 2nd round, I would be really happy. I understand why he's not very high on some guys' lists, but I love the kid.

Comment

I like it for the Jets but there's no chance they pass on Dan Williams at 29.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information