Georgia Tech Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Tech Pro Day

Read that Dwyer ran a 4.52 and that Morgan Burnett ran a 4.45 with a 39.5 vert and 11 inch broad.

Burnett could be on the rise after that.

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    Read that Dwyer ran a 4.52 and that Morgan Burnett ran a 4.45 with a 39.5 vert and 11 inch broad.

That helps Dwyer, though I still like Tate over him, too many questions about him for me.

Burnett should be a second round safety with Nate Allen and possibly Chad Jones
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

i still see dwyer as a 4.6 runner. pro day 40s are always inflated and at the combine you got a better gauge how he compares against other running backs. burnett is probably a 4.5 guy which is perfectly fine for him. hes definitely one of the more underrated safeties at this point and will hopefully fall back into the mid 2nd where he belongs. on tape, he is a better player than nate allen.

Comment

Any news on Derrick Morgan?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

He probably stood on his combine numbers.

Comment

4.55 pro day = 4.65-7 combine

I just read Dwyer had a 4.55 at the pro day.
            Add about .1 seconds and you get his combine time. So that tells me Dwyer is genuinely about a mid 4.6 combine guy. That tells me that his time at the combine had nothing to do with his conditioning, he just isnt that fast. He is who he is.

Comment

Those are great numbers for Morgan Burnett who should be a lock to go on the second day of the draft. Just because schools like Ohio State have a fast track doesn't mean the rule of thumb is to add .1 to any Pro Day #, you need to look at the surface first.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

If a scout likes a prospect, IMO unless there isn't some freakish improvement, ( .15 seconds or better), if it confirms the film, then the pro day time is used as legitimate to quantify their speed.

If Gerhart runs at his pro day and clocks a sub 4.5, I'll toss my lunch.

Dwyer is looking more like a 3rd round pick at the earliest; not based on pure talent, but his value really isn't there in the 1st and 2nd rounds, I don't think.

Comment

pro day times

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                  If a scout likes a prospect, IMO unless there isn't some freakish improvement, ( .15 seconds or better), if it confirms the film, then the pro day time is used as legitimate to quantify their speed.

If Gerhart runs at his pro day and clocks a sub 4.5, I'll toss my lunch.

Dwyer is looking more like a 3rd round pick at the earliest; not based on pure talent, but his value really isn't there in the 1st and 2nd rounds, I don't think.
                  I doubt Gerhart will run as he did fine at the combine. If he did run at his pro day you may just toss your lunch because it wouldnt surprise me to see him go sub 4.5 seeing as how he ran about 4.53 at the combine. In fact I would expect it.

Comment

Actually I meant toss my lunch in a good way, as in 'DO WORK, TOBY!!'

SHOW THEM FOOLZ

Comment

Hooray for Burnett! I'd like to hear how he did in drills more so, but that kind of explosion is impressive.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

11 inch broad jump? Did you mean 11 foot broad jump? Because the latter is impressive, the former not so much.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                          11 inch broad jump? Did you mean 11 foot broad jump? Because the latter is impressive, the former not so much.
                          You know what I meant!

Comment

Always been a Burnett fan, he just stands out when I watch GT play.

Comment

You know what I meant!
                              did you know I have a three foot long dick?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information