Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Isn't Lamarr Houston Rated Higher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Isn't Lamarr Houston Rated Higher?

    Measured out 6'3 305lbs and ran a 4.85 with 30 reps. Great game in the national championship and was extremely productive this year and has a pretty good track record. Good head on his shoulders and seems to have a good work ethic. What's keeping him from being a late 1st-2nd rounder?

  • #2
    Who is not saying he isnt a late 1st - early 2nd. This is just a deep draft at DT's
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

    Comment


    • #3
      He's my 5th ranked DT for the giants and I'd love to have him in round two, even if we grab a DT like Dan Williams in round One. In a 3-4 he falls behind Cody and Odrick, but in a 4-3 he'll be a wonderful starter.

      BK

      Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think there is a very good chance Houston will go in Round 2.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

        Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

        Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

        Comment


        • #5
          Any chance he goes late in round 1?
          I have him ranked as my #4 DT, after Suh, McCoy, and Williams
          He's an explosive athlete, and he's bigger and stronger than Brian Price.
          I'd love him in Baltimore in the second round.
          GO RAVENS

          Comment


          • #6
            I've seen him mocked to the Colts and a few other 4-3 teams late in the 1st. I doubt it, but anything is possible. My guess is early-mid 2nd.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
              Any chance he goes late in round 1?
              I have him ranked as my #4 DT, after Suh, McCoy, and Williams
              He's an explosive athlete, and he's bigger and stronger than Brian Price.
              I'd love him in Baltimore in the second round.
              He's not stronger than Price.

              BK

              Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's pretty much just because this defensive tackle class is so deep. I imagine he'd a 1st Rounder in most years. He probably will be the 7th tackle off the board this year (Suh, McCoy, Williams, Price to 4-3 teams and Odrick and Cody to 3-4 teams).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  It's pretty much just because this defensive tackle class is so deep. I imagine he'd a 1st Rounder in most years. He probably will be the 7th tackle off the board this year (Suh, McCoy, Williams, Price to 4-3 teams and Odrick and Cody to 3-4 teams).
                  He might've been the top DT last year. Definitely top 2.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Houston has a shot to be number 3 DT in April. Depending on interview and scouting for scheme drills now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                      Houston has a shot to be number 3 DT in April. Depending on interview and scouting for scheme drills now.
                      I don't think he can be the 3rd DT. It would take a very particular schematic need for a team to take him over Williams, and Price is still a better overall prospect. Cody is a wild card in there too.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        I don't think he can be the 3rd DT. It would take a very particular schematic need for a team to take him over Williams, and Price is still a better overall prospect. Cody is a wild card in there too.
                        I am not saying that is bad but Williams is already at 320. That means his weight could balloon to 350 within the rookie contract. Houston already has strength of 330 and explosiveness of 290 at 305. Houston could be a better bargain for long term.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Houston is a clone of Hood from Mizz last season. We all think he's a UT then he measures bigger and faster and teams will move him to 3-4 DE.

                          Book it.
                          INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                            Houston has a shot to be number 3 DT in April. Depending on interview and scouting for scheme drills now.
                            If all of the other DTs go as DEs...

                            Houston is easily behind Suh and McCoy, and Odrick. And Price. And Cody. And Dan Williams. And Cam Williams.

                            He'll be lucky to crack the top 5 DTs.
                            **** her in da *****!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              If all of the other DTs go as DEs...

                              Houston is easily behind Suh and McCoy, and Odrick. And Price. And Cody. And Dan Williams. And Cam Williams.

                              He'll be lucky to crack the top 5 DTs.
                              What exactly makes Odrick a better DT? A better 3-4 DE sure, but a better DT? I don't buy it.

                              BK

                              Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information