Why Spikes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Spikes?

I cant understand how Spikes can be rated a first rounder.

He cant even break 5 seconds in the 40. How can he be so slow and still be an NFL LB??

Please dont say he has game speed. If you are slow you are slow.

Not only that but the guy seems to have some Major character concerns.

he poked a guy in the eye, ive seen worse things happen at the bottom of a pile. not really "major" character concerns.

hes not a first rounder, 34 MLBs rarely are, the gap between him and mcclain is still minimal....thats just the way it is for these kinds of LBs, they can be selected 2 rounds apart but really not be that different.

ill take him on the steelers in the second all day
    E]

Comment

I don't think anybody has said Spikes will be a first rounder since around January.

I've said I believe that there's no difference between him and McClain. The 40 changes that slightly, but I still think McClain is massively overrated. And when I say that, I don't think he's a bad player. He's going to make a very good pro, but he'll be an unspectacular guy playing a position with very little value.

Look at Seattle and Green Bay. They're not likely to ever see the return on their investments of AJ Hawk and Aaron Curry. Neither one of them is a bad player by any means, they're just not worth the spot they were picked at. They never were.
      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 03-17-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Slowwwww

I dont think he is a fourth rounder. Some mocks still have him in the first round.

Most LBs who cant break 5 seconds in the 40 are not drafted.

Comment

Wow i just read that he ran a 5.02 and 5.08 40 yard dash. That's just an awful time. He really hurt his stock with this.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            I don't think anybody has said Spikes will be a first rounder since around January.

I've said I believe that there's no difference between him and McClain. The 40 changes that slightly, but I still think McClain is massively overrated. And when I say that, I don't think he's a bad player. He's going to make a very good pro, but he'll be an unspectacular guy playing a position with very little value.

Look at Seattle and Green Bay. They're not likely to ever see the return on their investments of AJ Hawk and Aaron Curry. Neither one of them is a bad player by any means, they're just not worth the spot they were picked at. They never were.
            this.

maualuga, poz, lauranitis, ryans are all great players imo...and they were selected where the value lies for MLBs, the second round.

mcclain is a great player, i think he'll be compared to mayo, who is also a great player but unless its patrick willis or ray lewis you just dont take MLBs that high, theres no value. the curry and hawk name drops are perfect....both good players, but were there better ones on the board with greater position value? yes
            E]

Comment

Brandon Spikes is a player. I don't care what anyone else says. This is coming from a guy who hates anyone for the most part on the UF squad. Zach Thomas couldn't crack 5 seconds either. While he is slow, and that is undeniable at this point, he can still play. He should go at least in the 3rd round, and who ever is taking him is getting a great value pick.

Comment

for the record he was trying to rub spit into his eye, not gouge it. i'd put his stock slightly below demeco ryans, who turned out fine. i'd take him in the middle of the second round.
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Most of the people in the know have not had Spikes in the 1st for a while now.

The success of Brandon Siler, coming out of the exact system as a slow LB probably will do Spikes some good in FO's eyes. And yeah, he is of course a gamer, and probably will be just as productive as all these Big Name linebackers that plummet inevitably are.

Comment

^ yeah like around 18 when the steelers pick in the second lol
                    E]

Comment

I wouldn't touch him until the third but I'm not a fan of Spikes and probably never will be.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

slow

With the lack of speed he wont be any good in pass coverage. And will only be able to stop the run if the RB comes straight at him. He wont catch guys any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by golota View Post
                          With the lack of speed he wont be any good in pass coverage. And will only be able to stop the run if the RB comes straight at him. He wont catch guys any other way.
                          explain to me how zach thomas (slow) was good in pass coverage? you don't have to be fast, it's just a hindrance to be slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                            explain to me how zach thomas (slow) was good in pass coverage? you don't have to be fast, it's just a hindrance to be slow.
                            Sure try putting Spikes on Vernon Davis , Antonio Gates or Dallas Clark. See if he can stay with them.

Comment

hes a MLB that will get picks based on him having good instincts and playmaking ability more so than him being lock down in coverage.
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information