Brian Price, DT UCLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Price, DT UCLA

Is he really falling? If so how far could he fall? I'd love to have this kid at 15, a young junior who was this dominant with his explosiveness and strength, but apparently he'll be going much later than that. Why are people down on him? And is there any chance in hell he falls to the middle of the second round?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

I think his fall is a result of the fact that he can really only play one position in one scheme - the three technique in a 4-3. He can be a great 3-tech with his explosiveness and ability to be disruptive in the backfield. But with about half of NFL teams running a 3-4, it really narrows down the number of teams that would be interested in Price. So if he gets past a team like the Giants, he may fall a bit until because he isn't a fit for a lot of teams. It's not so much that his stock is falling, its just he may slide in the draft because he can only play one position.

Comment

Really interested in him not, I thought he was more of a UT but Scott likes him as a 4-3 NT. Would be great next to Seymour/Kelly for us. Wouldnt mind trading down from 8 or trading up from the 2nd to snag him.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
        I think his fall is a result of the fact that he can really only play one position in one scheme - the three technique in a 4-3. He can be a great 3-tech with his explosiveness and ability to be disruptive in the backfield. But with about half of NFL teams running a 3-4, it really narrows down the number of teams that would be interested in Price. So if he gets past a team like the Giants, he may fall a bit until because he isn't a fit for a lot of teams. It's not so much that his stock is falling, its just he may slide in the draft because he can only play one position.
        I understand that he's a poor 3-4 fit, but in a 4-3 he's dynamite at either spot, he's crazy explosive out of his stance and has great strength to get off blocks or to control lineman. So I wouldn't say he can only play one position, I mena hell McCoy can only play one position he'll be a top 3 pick. Price has just as much potential as McCoy with better versatility because of that wonderful strength at his size, and it's not like he never showed it on the field, kid was pretty damn dominant.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          Really interested in him not, I thought he was more of a UT but Scott likes him as a 4-3 NT. Would be great next to Seymour/Kelly for us. Wouldnt mind trading down from 8 or trading up from the 2nd to snag him.
          I really don't like him as a 4-3 NT. For the most part, teams go with a NT and a UT. But some teams go more with a LDT and a RDT system. In the second one, Price could fit in just fine as he does what you want a DT to do. But in a defense that has specific roles for the 1-tech and the 3-tech, it really doesn't make an sense to me to play him as the nose. Although he is stout and could be a guy who eats up blocks, he's not great and shedding blocks with his hands which is a must for a NT in any defense. It would also limit Price's greatest strength which is his explosiveness off the line and his ability to penetrate into the backfield. Not sure what the Raiders do but either way, the need a disruptive force inside when Seymour is out at End.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            So I wouldn't say he can only play one position, I mena hell McCoy can only play one position he'll be a top 3 pick. Price has just as much potential as McCoy with better versatility because of that wonderful strength at his size, and it's not like he never showed it on the field, kid was pretty damn dominant.
            McCoy has played every single position on the D-Line during his career at Oklahoma. He played everything from a DE in a 4-3 to a NT in a 3-man front. He has great versatility which is one of the reasons he's so appealing.

Brian Price's skill set is not what is limiting him schematically. It's his height and his short arms.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
              that idea failed when KC tried it when Dorsey, who is a similar prospect and player to Price. Both are UTs.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                McCoy has played every single position on the D-Line during his career at Oklahoma. He played everything from a DE in a 4-3 to a NT in a 3-man front. He has great versatility which is one of the reasons he's so appealing.

Brian Price's skill set is not what is limiting him schematically. It's his height and his short arms.
                McCoy may have played every position at Oklahoma but he won't in the NFL, he's as much stuck to 4-3 UT as Price. I completely agree that Price is a poor 3-4 fit, but so is McCoy. And in a 4-3 McCoy is much more of a penetrator and frankly that's just fine since asking him to do anything else would be a waste of his talent, so I don't see how the restriction to one position, which I don't think is the case with price, is that much of an issue for one prospect but not the other.

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                that idea failed when KC tried it when Dorsey, who is a similar prospect and player to Price. Both are UTs.
                The chiefs run a 3-4 not a 4-3. That said Dorsey and Price isn't the best comparison Sed Ellis from that draft is a much better fit.

BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  McCoy may have played every position at Oklahoma but he won't in the NFL, he's as much stuck to 4-3 UT as Price. I completely agree that Price is a poor 3-4 fit, but so is McCoy. And in a 4-3 McCoy is much more of a penetrator and frankly that's just fine since asking him to do anything else would be a waste of his talent, so I don't see how the restriction to one position, which I don't think is the case with price, is that much of an issue for one prospect but not the other.

The chiefs run a 3-4 not a 4-3. That said Dorsey and Price isn't the best comparison Sed Ellis from that draft is a much better fit.
                  Price is a bigger and better athlete. With that said, Sed had some very advanced technique for any college player at his posistion. I'd say Dorsey is a fairer comparison than sed is.

Comment

Price is a lot closer to Ellis than Dorsey, both in body type and in terms of play. All three guys are explosive off the snap but Dorsey was a penetrator in college, Ellis and Price both use the explosiveness to get on the OL quicker and then use power. They are extremely similar, though Ellis is definitely ahead as a prospect. Price is definitely a guy that has gotten over looked for some reason, I still have him as the 3rd DT in this class and he's a guy I like at both DT spots in a 4-3, but at nose a bit more.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

I actually want him to the saints pretty bad, combining him with sed would be pretty sweet, also allows for a nice rotation since both can play the nose and both can play UT. So depending on the opponent you only need a 3 man DT rotation with (depending the opponent again) an extra UT in the rotation for passing opponents or an extra NT in the rotation for rushing opponents.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Price would look pretty nice in purple and black next season. Definitely the type of lineman the Ravens need right now.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                          Price would look pretty nice in purple and black next season. Definitely the type of lineman the Ravens need right now.
                          Where would you play him?

Comment

At UT. We are moving to a 4-3 and our DC usually only rushes 4 guys. Suggs/Ngata/Price/(Johnson or Kruger) would be my guess as to the line, with Pryce rotating in at UT and LDE.

Comment

If Price were there at 31 I doubt the Colts would pass on him. No way will he fall to the 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information