RB Wonderlic Scores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB Wonderlic Scores

It looks like that Stanford education is already starting to pay dividends for running back Toby Gerhart.

The Heisman Trophy finalist—who led the country in rushing yards (1,871) and touchdowns (28) in 2009—brought home the top score in the Wonderlic exam among this year’s running back class with a 30, according to a league source.
    Some of the other top performers among the running backs include BYU’s Manase Tonga (29), LSU’s Charles Scott (26), Tennessee’s Montario Hardesty (25), Mississippi State’s Anthony Dixon (25) and North Dakota State’s Pat Paschall (25).

Rounding out the bottom of the class was Clemson’s C.J. Spiller, who scored a 10.
    quote from another article: The Wonderlic Creators consider a 10 to be "literate."

So CJ Spiller is pretty much at a 4rd grade reading level.
    Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 03-18-2010, 01:54 PM.

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
    Get that politically correct ******** out of here.
    Seriously.

It may sound mean, but it could very well be true. Dude scored a ******* 10. A 10. I could close my eyes and jab a pencil at the piece of paper and probably score a 10.

Spiller might be legit mentally challenged. Look at Vince Young.

Comment

That's okay. In today's NFL, "literate" is probably sufficient for a running back. As long as he can read and remember the playbook, and show up for meetings and practice on time, he'll be fine;-)

Comment

RB is the first position i would take a dumbass at
        E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
          RB is the first position i would take a dumbass at
          Yup. Defensive line would be second.

I think John Henderson scored like a 9 or something hahah.

Comment

How can those guys do that?

I'm pretty sure I could score a 25 or so with my eyes closed and hands tied on my back.

Comment

When I think iof the best RBs, they seem like pretty smart guys to me. I'm not saying Spiller is an idiot. For all we know he was half-heartedly taking that exam. I just think of guys like LT, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, etc and they seem to have good heads on their shoulders. They may not be great speakers or academics, but they are smart in their own ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                When I think iof the best RBs, they seem like pretty smart guys to me. I'm not saying Spiller is an idiot. For all we know he was half-heartedly taking that exam. I just think of guys like LT, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, etc and they seem to have good heads on their shoulders. They may not be great speakers or academics, but they are smart in their own ways.
                Yeah it doesn't really matter too much about a Wonderlic Score for a RB. Yeah you would like for them to all score 50 but in reality it's not as big of a deal as some make it out to be. Now lets say the player is a QB....Well then its a different matter. QB's are suppose to be the driving force behind an offense and they make the decisions from their position so for a QB the Wonderlic does hold some value when being evaluated but not so much for RBs.

Comment

Spiller could have scored in the negatives (drawn a smiley face for every question) and it wouldn't affect how teams thought of him. Running Backs, Wide Receivers, and Defensive Lineman have the meaningless Wonderlics.

Who cares if he's illiterate, who cares if an Arghani donkey can answer more questions correctly. he's damn good football player and this score takes nothing away from what he does on the field.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Emmitt Smith is one of the dumbest human beings alive and he did alright. He couldn't form an intelligible sentence to save his life. There is plenty of proof on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                      Spiller could have scored in the negatives (drawn a smiley face for every question) and it wouldn't affect how teams thought of him. Running Backs, Wide Receivers, and Defensive Lineman have the meaningless Wonderlics.

Who cares if he's illiterate, who cares if an Arghani donkey can answer more questions correctly. he's damn good football player and this score takes nothing away from what he does on the field.

Well the only thing it would speak to is his ability to learn a system. With RBs a low Wonderlic is not necessarily a stock killer but it would raise some questions about his ability to take in a complex system. Like i said before it holds more weight for a QB than a RB but you still need to know that the player you are drafting has the mental ability to understand the system you have in place.

Comment

CBs and RBs can be dummies. Having a smart RB like Thomas Jones, Tiki, Walter Payton, Roger Craig, etc is great but guys like OJ, Dickerson, Emmitt, and others have done alright.

Comment

I really don't understand how you can do so poorly on a wonderlic. Arent the questions things like

James likes all fruit. Apples are fruit.

A: James Likes Apples
                          B: James Doesn't Like Apples
                          C: Can't Tell

? Right? How do you score that bad?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                            Emmitt Smith is one of the dumbest human beings alive and he did alright. He couldn't form an intelligible sentence to save his life. There is plenty of proof on youtube.
                            I wonder what he scored?

My guess is around 4

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                              Rod Smith says hi.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information