Sean Lee, Inneriddle Backer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Lee, Inneriddle Backer

So, I was on my drive home from work this evening and I was listening to Sirius NFL radio. Everynight they have on a few guys doing a draft diary type interview. They ask pretty much the same questions: pros/cons, why should someone draft you, etc. Some guys sound scripted, some guys cannot speak English. Tonight I was floored by the interview Sean Lee conducted. His answers made me wet behind the ears. It was like one of those guys who was scripted yet from the enthusiasm and slight stutter because he didnt practice the answers and the few ums and ughhs you can tell it was genuine.

Apparently he did very well his pro-day and it sounds like he has been doing some hardcore knee rehab lately. So I was digging in the crates for film and what not and I will go on record to say, Sean Lee will be the best MLB/ILB from this draft.

He has good atheleticism and his lateral movement is very sound. His instincts and command of a defense proves to me he is a leader, the type of guy I want to give the reigns to on defense. he can shed blocks. <--;)

The knee is such a huge question mark though. I really think this guy will be an epic steal in the 3rd round or later for someone.
    Last edited by bored of education; 03-18-2010, 10:41 PM.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Ok, maybe not the best from this draft but he will be a gift for some team in the 3rd round or later :)
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I have Lee higher than Spikes after his terrible 40. I think he makes the 2nd round. May even crack the 1st if a team truly wants him and doesn't want to risk him not falling to a later pick, it'd be a longshot for sure, but wierder things have happened

Edit: making sure I clarify this. Lee is above Spikes by default.

Comment

Sean Lee was suppose to be a better prospect than Poz and Dan Connor before his knee injury. I'll be following him and I tend to agree with you.

Comment

i actually prefer donald butler in the 3rd round but i think for most teams it will be scheme dependent. lees torn acl is obviously a real big question mark as well as game speed. hes a smart player which is always a big positive for ILBs. i think he should be a solid contributor but i see him more as a journeyman with limited upside.

Comment

I want the hometown boy to come back home!

Comment

He's kind of funny-looking though.

He has a perpetual Manning face.

That having been said, you're right: he sounds hella smart and seems to be a natural leader. Watch him in this interview, it's pretty amazing how well-spoken and intelligent he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWfa1Hfcxo

When he was injured in college he stayed on the sidelines and directed his team like a coach, and didn't pout instead because he couldn't play.
              Last edited by Morton; 03-18-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Linebacker U is not delivering lately, but I always did like Lee. Tough decision. Probably good value past the 3rd.

Comment

Came to find out what inneriddle meant, leaving unsatisfied. :(

Comment

Originally posted by UncleHulka View Post
                    Came to find out what inneriddle meant, leaving unsatisfied. :(
                    I'm pretty sure its a made up word by BOE combining he words inside and middle line backer.

Comment

i was hoping inneriddle had something to do with a riddle. alas, i leave without anyone asking me a riddle.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Bowman and Lee are like the same exact player except Lee cares about football.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                          Bowman and Lee are like the same exact player except Lee cares about football.
                          And your point here is what?

Comment

Lee is probably a second rounder at this point and it will be a huge upset if Spikes is taken before him. I can see Spikes being one of those guys who falls into the late rounds unexpectedly. Times as slow as he ran are going to raise a lot of questions about his ability to make plays in the NFL. You can't tackle what you can't catch.

Comment

Spikes I'm almost certain will run again before the combine.

As for Lee, he projects as a rookie starter IMO. For a projected 2nd/3rd rounder, that is GREAT value.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information