Dan Williams, DT, Tenn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Williams, DT, Tenn

Scott has him mocked to the Vikings at pick 30 right now.

He really started to put it together under some pro style coaching at Tennessee. Anybody think there's a team falls in love with him and takes him in the upper half of the first round? What's the word on his stock right now, rising/falling/steady?

Tennessee showed interest in him at the senior bowl

Comment

With Miami's current nose tackle situation, I am willing to believe they are extremely interested in Dan Williams at #12.

Comment

Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
        With Miami's current nose tackle situation, I am willing to believe they are extremely interested in Dan Williams at #12.
        That's around the range that I'm thinking. If history has taught us anything, it's that teams will reach on big guys with potential early.

Comment

Miami seems to be he's #1 landing spot at this point.
          GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            That's around the range that I'm thinking. If history has taught us anything, it's that teams will reach on big guys with potential early.
            And with the depth at 3-4 OLB this year they could easily wait until the second round to get an edge rusher. I am just curious if Parcells will fall in love with Mount Cody and select him instead of Williams.

Comment

No, let him fall to the Vikes please.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Falling to the Saints pick in the first is my dream scenario. I really love this dude.... /mancrush

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

I don't see him making it to 30. Dallas would snatch him if he gets into the late 20s at all.

Comment

Oakland at 8 is a slight possibility. It's a reach but he fills a need playing NT in a 4-3 and is probably better for what we need than a guy like Gerald McCoy.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandRaider56 View Post
                      Oakland at 8 is a slight possibility. It's a reach but he fills a need playing NT in a 4-3 and is probably better for what we need than a guy like Gerald McCoy.
                      Not that this opportunity will arise, but no way would anyone, not even Davis, pass on McCoy for Williams. You would basically need to have a franchise 3 tech already in place and nobody in the top 5 or so has that.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        I don't see him making it to 30. Dallas would snatch him if he gets into the late 20s at all.
                        And play him where? DE? Were not going to spend a 1st on a NT when Ratliff is an all-pro in our 1 gap scheme. Most Cowboy fans would agree with you in that it be nice to have a guy like him, slide Ratliff over etc etc, it's just not a realistic option and were not even in the market for a NT other then a back-up to give him a breather.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of other positions rated higher, were just not going to draft that big huge NT everyone thinks you need to have.

I think we would have shown some slight interest in Jamal Williams if we felt the need to upgrade at all, were looking at DE's quite a bit, not a starter at NT.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Not that this opportunity will arise, but no way would anyone, not even Davis, pass on McCoy for Williams. You would basically need to have a franchise 3 tech already in place and nobody in the top 5 or so has that.
                          Oh hell no. I'm not saying they should (if he was avalible) pass on McCoy for Dan Williams. But for what we desperatley need to stop the run, Williams fits the bill better than a player like McCoy, but obviously McCoys impact would be much more effective in the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            And play him where? DE? Were not going to spend a 1st on a NT when Ratliff is an all-pro in our 1 gap scheme. Most Cowboy fans would agree with you in that it be nice to have a guy like him, slide Ratliff over etc etc, it's just not a realistic option and were not even in the market for a NT other then a back-up to give him a breather.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of other positions rated higher, were just not going to draft that big huge NT everyone thinks you need to have.

I think we would have shown some slight interest in Jamal Williams if we felt the need to upgrade at all, were looking at DE's quite a bit, not a starter at NT.
                            If you want an upgrade at DE, who better than Ratliff? :D Understandable opinion though. Wade Phillips certainly knows how to run a successful two gap 3-4, I always thought the 1 gap came about more as a necessity than anything else.

Lots of teams didn't show interest in Jamal, he is going to be 34 and is not exactly a sure commodity.

Picking Williams at 27 would be a terrific value, but of course there's always going to be other directions a team could take.

Comment

I think Miami will be more focused on OLB than DT.

and I think Williams might go to Denver anyway. Yes, even with Jamal Williams already there.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information