Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holmgren Not High on Clausen

...but he'll likely take a QB later.

Browns president Mike Holmgren admitted that he isn't high on Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.
    "You know how you have a type of player that you like? It's not scientific. People like him a lot. He'll go high," Holmgren said. "But it would be hard for me [to take him]." Holmgren reiterated that he will take a quarterback in the draft, but it probably won't be until late.
    Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Related: Browns
    I guess they'll go with Berry, Thomas, Mays, JPP, Dez or Spiller at #7.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Good choice. Why replace one first round Notre Dame QB bust with another?

Comment

I see them taking Berry, Haden or JPP at this point. Maybe they take a shot at a guy like LeFevour in the 3rd since they have two 3rds now

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I trust every thing GM's and coach's say this time of year.

Comment

It's going to be a long few years Browns fans... Very long.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I'm very high on Clausen, and believe he WILL be the Rams #1 pick.

I find it ironic that he's getting NO publicity when he was recently being talked about #1. I feel he's the pick, and everyone else is just a huge smokescreen.
            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              It's going to be a long few years Browns fans... Very long.
              Because we don't want Clausen or because we got rid of Quinn?

I know you were high on Quinn coming out of college but he showed absolutely nothing in his three year stint here.

Comment

And the Rams will draft Jahvid best with their 2nd round pick?
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Notre Dame QB's and Florida WR's, don't take them high! EVER!
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    And the Rams will draft Jahvid best with their 2nd round pick?
                    Jahvid Best, Jonathan Dwyer, Brandon Graham or Sean Weatherspoon, perhaps Dan Williams or Brian Price are all possibilities if they go Clausen #1.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                      Jahvid Best, Jonathan Dwyer, Brandon Graham or Sean Weatherspoon, perhaps Dan Williams or Brian Price are all possibilities if they go Clausen #1.
                      Why would they go Clausen #1? They could easily trade back to someone who wants Bradford probably the Browns and take Clausen at 7 unless a team tries to jump in front of them. I think that would make more sense, they could get some extra picks and still get the guy they want if that's the case.

Comment

Holmgren said the same thing about Tebow, but it seems that he has changed his mind as of late. It seems that Clausen's only destinations now is either Washington or Buffalo, if this maintains any consistency.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                          Why would they go Clausen #1? They could easily trade back to someone who wants Bradford probably the Browns and take Clausen at 7 unless a team tries to jump in front of them. I think that would make more sense, they could get some extra picks and still get the guy they want if that's the case.
                          That's what I'm saying. They're pushing the buttons on Bradford and Suh so that some team that desperately wants them can move up and the Rams can slide back and grab Clausen ( hoping he's still there ). But if they're at #1 still and cannot trade back, I have to think they take Clausen.

Bradford is way to big of a gamble at #1.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            No one can easily trade out of #1.

And while you don't want to really trust GMs at this time of the year, that's a pretty telling statement. I don't really think you can say something like that about a pick that high, a franchise QB no less, and then take him.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Smokescreen, now people don't feel like they have to trade ahead of the Browns to get him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information