Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sporting News...Officially Out-of-Their-Mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sporting News...Officially Out-of-Their-Mind

    Russ Lande of The Sporting News predicts that the Lions will use the No. 2 overall pick on Oklahoma OT Trent Williams.

    Drafting Williams, who'd probably play right tackle initially in Detroit, would likely be an indictment of Matt Millen's last first-round pick as Lions GM (Gosder Cherilus). Lande says Williams' tape is better than Russell Okung's. At the very least, Williams appears to be locked in as a top-ten pick.

    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...ms-moves-board

    What film did this guy watch? Maybe Williams' Junior tape
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

  • #2
    Originally posted by RWills View Post
    Russ Lande of The Sporting News predicts that the Lions will use the No. 2 overall pick on Oklahoma OT Trent Williams.

    Drafting Williams, who'd probably play right tackle initially in Detroit, would likely be an indictment of Matt Millen's last first-round pick as Lions GM (Gosder Cherilus). Lande says Williams' tape is better than Russell Okung's. At the very least, Williams appears to be locked in as a top-ten pick.

    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...ms-moves-board

    What film did this guy watch? Maybe Williams' Junior tape
    I am higher than most on Trent Williams, but over Okung? Are you serious? You DO NOT take a right tackle No. 2 overall in any circumstance.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by djp View Post
      I am higher than most on Trent Williams, but over Okung? Are you serious? You DO NOT take a right tackle No. 2 overall in any circumstance.
      But what if you had Pro Bowlers at every position but RT and the #2 pickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by djp View Post
        I am higher than most on Trent Williams, but over Okung? Are you serious? You DO NOT take a right tackle No. 2 overall in any circumstance.
        I actually like Williams I see him as my #2a OT (1 being Okung 2b being Bulaga) but yeah I would explode into massive expletives if it actually happened. Until he got into the Pro Bowl as a LT I would hate the pick.
        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


        DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

        Originally posted by njx9
        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by broth223 View Post
          I actually like Williams I see him as my #2a OT (1 being Okung 2b being Bulaga) but yeah I would explode into massive expletives if it actually happened. Until he got into the Pro Bowl as a LT I would hate the pick.
          Broth.... you can't be serious and furious about this...

          Sig by Fenikz

          I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Addict View Post
            Broth.... you can't be serious and furious about this...
            Yes I can I think Williams could be the 2nd best OT in this draft and has an ability to play LT at the next level. But, Okung is as close to a Franchise LT I've seen in the draft since Joe Thomas. So I don't see why I would be at all happy if Williams was the pick at 2. If we traded down to like 9 and took him there I'd be excited.
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


            DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

            Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeaaaa.... TSN's awful and they make it on to these boards for the wrong reasons every year. Aundrae Allison was a Top 15 value and a first round pick to them, Larry English was 4th on their Big Board a year ago... ToldLikeItIs could offer better draft service than TSN.

              big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

              Comment


              • #8
                IF they traded down, I could see this. But what game tape did they watch, he struggled last year. from his Jr tapes when he was on the right side he looked like an elite OT
                Patriots Draft 2015
                1. CB - Marcus Peters
                2. WR - Sammie Coates
                3. RB - David Johnson
                3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                4. OG - Tre Jackson
                4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                5. LB - Ben Heeney
                6. TE - Wes Saxton
                7. OG - Jose Matais

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                  Yeaaaa.... TSN's awful and they make it on to these boards for the wrong reasons every year. Aundrae Allison was a Top 15 value and a first round pick to them, Larry English was 4th on their Big Board a year ago... ToldLikeItIs could offer better draft service than TSN.
                  True, I kinda rely on them for NHL updates, and I like their aboot-ing when they report hockey... but their NFL section is a mess.

                  Sig by Fenikz

                  I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lions coach Jim Schwartz apparently hasn't been notified yet
                    or he is really good at charades...

                    http://www.freep.com/article/2010032...5/1049/sports0
                    1/Lions-coach-breaks-down-Suh-McCoy-Okung

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Pro Football Weekley is the most dead-on, I remember they were the first ones I read where they saw Tyson Jackson to the Chiefs and Mayo to the Pats in previous draft's
                      Patriots Draft 2015
                      1. CB - Marcus Peters
                      2. WR - Sammie Coates
                      3. RB - David Johnson
                      3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                      4. OG - Tre Jackson
                      4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                      5. LB - Ben Heeney
                      6. TE - Wes Saxton
                      7. OG - Jose Matais

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        TSN ain't worth a cup of hot spit.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RWills View Post
                          I think Pro Football Weekley is the most dead-on, I remember they were the first ones I read where they saw Tyson Jackson to the Chiefs and Mayo to the Pats in previous draft's
                          Does the book provide different analysis than the magazine? Like, updated boards and rankings and 40 times and what not? Or is it just the same info?

                          And yeah, their stuff is usually good.

                          Props to clover_jeez!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RWills View Post
                            I think Pro Football Weekley is the most dead-on, I remember they were the first ones I read where they saw Tyson Jackson to the Chiefs and Mayo to the Pats in previous draft's
                            PFW and DC have probably the best website mock drafts around. Rick Gosslein from the Dallas news also has a few good sources allowing him to consistently compile one of the best mock drafts by mid-late April.

                            Love Nolan Nawrocki (PFW) and the way he scouts the game. The only must-buy draft mag for me each year, if only for some damn good bathroom/travel reading.

                            big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sporting News is terrible, I stopped reading them a few years ago and they obviously haven't gotten any better since.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information