14 Joe Haden
    15 Brian Price
    16 Bryan Bulaga
    17 Jahvid Best
    18 C.J. Spiller
    19 John Jerry
    20 Jason Worilds
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft;_y...wkDHvgJ6A5nYcB

When were these made? Aaaron Hernandez? John Jerry? Chad Jones? Jason Worilds? All top twenty either these are really old or the person making them just wanted to go in a completely different directions than everyone else.

Comment

They have Bradford as their 26th best player yet going #1 in the mock draft. Just trying to gain attention I think.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Earl Thomas: 102.

Comment

Chris Turner over LeFevour? Seriously?
          They have Dwyer as their #1 RB.
          Their top LS is Jake Ingram, who is going to his second year in the NFL with the Pats.
          Corey Peters over Cam Thomas? Yeah sure.

Funny thing is that their mock looks normal. Wait, Earl Thomas? What the ****?

Those guys surely have no football knowledge at all.
          Last edited by RealityCheck; 03-24-2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I've generally liked Wes Bunting's scouting report write-ups, but his mock drafts confuse me...
            Last edited by BlueBandit24; 03-24-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

still dont know why people are so high on pouncey

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

If today you were to list the best players from a draft in order, it would look nothing like how the actual draft went.

Don't downplay someone's mock just because they didn't copy/paste every other mock draft and then swap a few player to make it slightly different.

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastLionsFan View Post
                  If today you were to list the best players from a draft in order, it would look nothing like how the actual draft went.

Don't downplay someone's mock just because they didn't copy/paste every other mock draft and then swap a few player to make it slightly different.
                  That makes no sense.

Aaron Hernandez is nowhere close to the top 10 players in the draft. So this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, and neither do you.

Comment

He doesn't do it by draft stock, he does his rankings by how he thinks they're going to do at the next level and he happens to think that Aaron Hernandez is going to be just like Dallas Clark and he thinks Maurkice Pouncey is an elite center in the making. Also he thinks John Jerry is better than Iupati but he just doesn't have the same amount of hype. He also thinks Jason Worilds can be a very good 3-4 OLB at the next level and he likes his quickness and motor.

Obviously he is different but he isn't dumb, he has a rhyme and reason to his rankings, I happen to see some of his thinking and I also happen to agree with his positions on John Jerry, Pouncey and Worilds but I also agree that they're obviously not going top 20 in the NFL draft.

Comment

I think it's odd because mock drafts are generally supposed to depict what's going to happen as opposed to how you think things should play out. There's nothing wrong with having unusual rankings, but I don't think mocking what teams should do in your opinion really makes a whole lot sense unless you add that disclaimer.

*EDIT - Commenting on NFP's mock drafts as opposed to rankings. Irrelevant to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        He doesn't do it by draft stock, he does his rankings by how he thinks they're going to do at the next level and he happens to think that Aaron Hernandez is going to be just like Dallas Clark and he thinks Maurkice Pouncey is an elite center in the making. Also he thinks John Jerry is better than Iupati but he just doesn't have the same amount of hype. He also thinks Jason Worilds can be a very good 3-4 OLB at the next level and he likes his quickness and motor.

Obviously he is different but he isn't dumb, he has a rhyme and reason to his rankings, I happen to see some of his thinking and I also happen to agree with his positions on John Jerry, Pouncey and Worilds but I also agree that they're obviously not going top 20 in the NFL draft.
                        I'm all for being different, but this is really out there on some counts:

66 Jimmy Clausen Quarterback 6-3 223 Notre Dame
                        67 Sergio Kindle Defensive End 6-4 239 Texas
                        80 Golden Tate Wide Receiver 5-11 195 Notre Dame
                        123 Demaryius Thomas Wide Receiver 6-3 229 Georgia Tech
                        150 Patrick Robinson Cornerback 5-11 194 Florida State
                        171 Trent Williams Offensive Lineman 6-5 308 Oklahoma
                        235 Dexter McCluster Running Back 5-8 165 Mississippi

seriously, that's just weird

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I am actually going to have Wes Bunting from NFP on my podcast to talk draft Friday so call in if you have questions about his rankings.
                          Scott Wright, President
                          Draft Countdown.com
                          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                            I am actually going to have Wes Bunting from NFP on my podcast to talk draft Friday so call in if you have questions about his rankings.
                            How does he justify having the statistically best pro style junior qb to have gone pro ever at the 66th place in his ranking?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information