Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow Thrown Under the Bus

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-...-tim-tebow-era

In Deonte Thompson's mind, the Florida Gators have a "real" quarterback taking over for Tim Tebow.

At spring practice Monday, Thompson said new QB John Brantley was a "pure passer" and that the two have been working extensively together. Then, he dropped this gem into the Orlando Sentinel's lap when comparing Tebow and Brantley:

"You never know with Tim," Thompson said. "You can bolt, you think he's running but he'll come up and pass it to you. You just have to be ready at all times. With Brantley, everything's with rhythm, time. You know what I mean, a real quarterback."

Apparently, the Sentinel failed to follow up, so it's not crystal clear what Thompson meant by that last part. Might have been a poor choice of words ("real" vs. "conventional," perhaps) rather than any malice. Either way, it came out sounding harsh.
    Dont know where this belongs, but i figure with him being a draft prospect this would be the spot.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Sporting news is the worst ******* source. They write ****. But I hate Tebow, so it doesn't break my heart to see him trashed.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
      Sporting news is the worst ******* source. They write ****. But I hate Tebow, so it doesn't break my heart to see him trashed.
      well its been posted on many other sites as well. Thats just the one i posted lol

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Did anyone else hear the story about Tebow at the combine requesting a moment of prayer before the Wonderlic and someone from the back yelling "Shut the F*** up?" I think I heard that on Mike and Mike in the morning. I guess not all his peers are as enamoured with Tebow as the media is.

Comment

Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
          Did anyone else hear the story about Tebow at the combine requesting a moment of prayer before the Wonderlic and someone from the back yelling "Shut the F*** up?" I think I heard that on Mike and Mike in the morning. I guess not all his peers are as enamoured with Tebow as the media is.
          LOL. It's pretty funny to imagine that image. I don't have a problem if Tebow wants to be openly religious, I just hope we don't get force-fed with his beliefs.

Thompson's quote doesn't sound great, but I think he was more hinting at the fact that the Gators have a conventional quarterback now.

Comment

I support Timmy sue me.

Comment

If someone had told Reggie White to 'shut the f.. up' after requesting a pre-game prayer, they would have gotten their holy asses kicked in, God bless.

No player is loved by 100% of his teammates, even Tebow.

I guess we should be watching out for Deonte to make some AA teams in '10.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                Sporting But I hate Tebow, so it doesn't break my heart to see him trashed.
                WTH is there to HATE about Tim Tebow, other than envy and jealousy?
                Seriously. It really says a lot about a person who actually hates Tim Tebow.

Comment

I do understand what Deonte is saying here, and I really believe this is being blown out of proportion. I saw this on PTI yesterday. It's alot easier to catch a pass when you know it's coming, with a guy like Tebow it's tough because he'll end up tucking it in and running, sometimes throwing it unexpectedly. Brantley is the better pocket quarterback and it would be easier to establish a rhythm, now I'm not saying Tebow is the worse quarterback, probably just the worse passer.

Comment

misleading topic title!

Comment

Is Tebow really being trashed? Seems like the writer is trying to put words in Thompson's mouth or stir up something that really isn't there. But as is the case for most lower forms of sports journalism. Not to be a 'snob' or anything.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                        yes, everyone's heard it and posted about it on other threads. i'd really rather not lock yet another one.
                        Okay, well I assure you I had not seen it posted and thought it had some relevance to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                          http://www.sportingnews.com/college-...-tim-tebow-era

In Deonte Thompson's mind, the Florida Gators have a "real" quarterback taking over for Tim Tebow.

At spring practice Monday, Thompson said new QB John Brantley was a "pure passer" and that the two have been working extensively together. Then, he dropped this gem into the Orlando Sentinel's lap when comparing Tebow and Brantley:

"You never know with Tim," Thompson said. "You can bolt, you think he's running but he'll come up and pass it to you. You just have to be ready at all times. With Brantley, everything's with rhythm, time. You know what I mean, a real quarterback."

Apparently, the Sentinel failed to follow up, so it's not crystal clear what Thompson meant by that last part. Might have been a poor choice of words ("real" vs. "conventional," perhaps) rather than any malice. Either way, it came out sounding harsh.
                          Dont know where this belongs, but i figure with him being a draft prospect this would be the spot.

What do you guys think?
                          Pun intended? :D

Pretty sure Thompson just meant "conventional," and the writer left himself a copout for writing a misleading article by adding that possibility at the end. After all, it's much easier to write something completely out of context from the title to the finish as long as you include a single phrase of clarity, just so you can use it to hide behind when people claim you're full of it.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            WTH is there to HATE about Tim Tebow, other than envy and jealousy?
                            Seriously. It really says a lot about a person who actually hates Tim Tebow.
                            You don't like Montario Hardesty, some people don't like Tebow. I don't find his personality all too likeable and I loved seeing him cry. I don't like LeBron James either. In this world not everyone has to like everyone else and being outspoken, a media darling, and very outwardly religious not everybody's going to like the guy. Not a personality that really appeals to me, not a big deal, doesn't change the way I view him at the next level.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
                              Did anyone else hear the story about Tim Tebow sucking?

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information