• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHFF compares QBs

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...bow/index.html

What do you all think?
    PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
    GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

I think that statistics only tell a part of the story and anybody who uses them as the basis of an opinion is an idiot.

Interesting story, though. On that note, every QB from Hawaii or Texas Tech should have been a better prospect than the Mannings.

Comment

This is absolute garbage. Accuracy can't be measured by completion percentage alone, especially in a college spread system. Wouldn't that make Colt McCoy the most accurate QB prospect in history?

Also this doesn't take into account the windmill wind up and slowwww release. Tebow was great for what Urban Meyer did. The reality is he doesn't have the pasing tools to succeed in the pocket, and he won't be able to run effectively in the NFL. The chances he ever becomes an above average starting QB in the league, are pretty slim IMO.

Comment

Really poor analysis. Some of the draft material being put out there lately is utter garbage.

I actually think Tebow is sold short when it comes to his translatable passing skills to the NFL, but college stats are meaningless. Meaningless. Someone who had never watched any of those QB's could come up with the same conclusion.

It's pretty shocking how poor of a publication Sports Illustrated has become.
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          Interesting story, though. On that note, every QB from Hawaii or Texas Tech should have been a better prospect than the Mannings.
          you missed how all these guys were from the SEC

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            you missed how all these guys were from the SEC
            Wow.... don't know how I also missed that.

Either way, the guy is comparing pocket passers from pro style offenses to a option spread guy.

The closest comparison out of that group I guess would have to be Couch given the offense he came out of. But still, not really a fair comparison.

If you want to compare Tebow to Josh Harris or Alex Smith go ahead and be my guest.

Comment

"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics"
              - Mark Twain

This proves nothing and it's more media sucking Timmy's nuts.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Ok, I'm glad I'm not alone. I was originally going to bash the writer/article in the original post but I didn't want to get flamed in case people actually agreed with that crap.

I'm all for looking at statistics as a measuring tool, but as yourfavestoner so accurately put... IT'S ONLY PART OF THE STORY!!! Why else would Gram Harrell have gone in, what, the 6th round? Is he even still on a team?

I'm not simply anti-Tebow, but this article is a far cry from "evidence."
                PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
                GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

This article is ******* ********. Whoever wrote it should not be allowed a column. Just because you have a pen and a journalism degree doesn't mean you know **** about sports... This dude is just on Tebow's dick.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

ha wow you guys take this way too seriously. its the medias job to do this kind of stuff. these arent scouts or team execs. the media is paid to report and stir things up. they need to garner an audience and obviously he has gotten some of your attention...

Comment

He brings up surrounding talent and does not mention Riley Cooper, Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Jeff Demps, Andre Caldwell, Louis Murphy or the constant 7 or 8 in the box defenses he faced.
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

ha wow you guys take this way too seriously. its the medias job to do this kind of stuff. these arent scouts or team execs. the media is paid to report and stir things up. they need to garner an audience and obviously he has gotten some of your attention...
                        There is a difference between positive attention and negative attention. I don't know why they would be trying to gain negative attention, that just loses them credibility.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pac View Post
                          Ok, I'm glad I'm not alone. I was originally going to bash the writer/article in the original post but I didn't want to get flamed in case people actually agreed with that crap.

I'm all for looking at statistics as a measuring tool, but as yourfavestoner so accurately put... IT'S ONLY PART OF THE STORY!!! Why else would Gram Harrell have gone in, what, the 6th round? Is he even still on a team?

I'm not simply anti-Tebow, but this article is a far cry from "evidence."
                          Look up some of the great draft busts, do the math on them and you'll see some of them have very high career QB ratings.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Since when is it the media job so let some ill informed stooge write an article saying a player is the 2nd coming based on stats, and stats alone?? You can tell the author doesn't know a thing about the subject he is writing on.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkw267 View Post
                              Since when is it the media job so let some ill informed stooge write an article saying a player is the 2nd coming based on stats, and stats alone??
                              since as long as media has been around.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information