Why Does Jake Locker Get a Pass and People Rip Terrell Pryor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Jake Locker Get a Pass and People Rip Terrell Pryor

I really can't stand hypocrisy. I mean I read the things said about Pryor not being able to throw or read defenses, but you guys make it seem as though Jake Locker is the best thing since slice bread. In actuality Locker is only a 56% passer, so what the difference between him and Pryor? At least Pryor has led his team to back to back BSC bowl appearances while Locker has never been to a bowl game. I think Jake Locker is very overrated and the only reason why he is being mentioned as a top QB is because Todd Mcshay was lobbying for him hard last year. All he is, is a run first QB, who if the first read is not there he takes off and run. Now, please tell me how is that any diffrent from TP. I've heard people rip TP for his lack of throwing abilities but praising a 56% as the next great thing. The same people rip Jimmy Clausen for his lack of winning at Notre Dame, but Locker gets a pass and he has yet to play in a bowl game. I honestly know the Ryan Mallett blows Locker out of the water in terms of ability and Locker is no better than TP. I'm not trying to rip on anybody, but like I stated before, I hate the hypocrisy.

Locker has better mechanics, plus locker beat USC without hardly any other talent on his team. Pryor was 0-2 against USC with great talent around him.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

How does he have better mechanics, please explain because it's not like Pryor is a side arm thrower, he has a over the top delivery.

Comment

Coming from a huge Buckeyes fan, it's simple. Pryor isn't a good passer. He doesn't know when to use touch and when to put velocity behind the throw. He isn't accurate. He is terrible at throwing the deep ball, and he makes poor decisions.

Locker can actually pass the ball.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
        <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
        <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
        <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Let's see here...

1. Locker has a stronger arm
          2. Locker has better mechanics in his delivery and in his footwork
          3. Locker made a team that wasn't very talented competitive
          4. Locker is playing in a true pro style offense, making pro style reads

Well Pryor... um he is a better runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkw267 View Post
            Let's see here...

Exactly the truth

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkw267 View Post
              Let's see here...

I'd make the argument that Locker is a better runner too. He doesn't just tuck it and run like Pryor but he make some plays with his feet by scrambling around and then throwing a 40 yard laser.
              Plus Locker is playing with less talent around him and putting up better number.
              Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

I'm not gonna say that Pryor will ever be the prospect that Locker supposedly is, because I just don't know. In Pryor's defense, however, he's been in college for 2 years to Locker's 4. People already assume Pryor can never develop into a top pro prospect as a QB, but nobody was talking about Locker as a top prospect after his first 2 years either. I think Pryor has real potential and is more of a pro prospect than most think he is.

Comment

Bottom line is Locker has a feel for the QB postition, Pryor doesn't and might never get it.

Mike Tirico

Comment

Also, not that it is a great excuse, but I was lead to believe that part of Locker's poor completion % had to do with his WRs not being able to catch.

I haven't watched Locker so I woudln't know, but I've watched a lot of Pryor, and his incompletions rarely have to do with his WRs.

Comment

Pryor has been running that system for how long?

Locker has been in this system(pro style) for 1 year, he made major improvements and strides in 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by dregolll View Post
                        I really can't stand hypocrisy. I mean I read the things said about Pryor not being able to throw or read defenses, but you guys make it seem as though Jake Locker is the best thing since slice bread. In actuality Locker is only a 56% passer, so what the difference between him and Pryor? At least Pryor has led his team to back to back BSC bowl appearances while Locker has never been to a bowl game. I think Jake Locker is very overrated and the only reason why he is being mentioned as a top QB is because Todd Mcshay was lobbying for him hard last year. All he is, is a run first QB, who if the first read is not there he takes off and run. Now, please tell me how is that any diffrent from TP. I've heard people rip TP for his lack of throwing abilities but praising a 56% as the next great thing. The same people rip Jimmy Clausen for his lack of winning at Notre Dame, but Locker gets a pass and he has yet to play in a bowl game. I honestly know the Ryan Mallett blows Locker out of the water in terms of ability and Locker is no better than TP. I'm not trying to rip on anybody, but like I stated before, I hate the hypocrisy.
                        Let's start with 58.2% passing last year, hurt for most of the previous year and dont care what he did before that under Herm. Locker is more the traditional pocket passer not a run first guy. (i would actually like to see him run more). Very nice form on his throws and a near elite arm for the next level. Very mature and team oriented. He has improved at going through his progressions and i think will continue to do so.

Pryor would have to be a project to me, his numbers at the college level are irrelevant to his pro potential. A great athlete but a weak arm with so-so mechanics and appears to have questionable grasp of an offense.

As for hypocricy i would probably be more inclined to compare Locker to a Robert Griffin if that is where you are going with this, not Pryor.

Comment

Whether people consider Locker a great pro prospect or not has nothing to do with Terrell Pryor, and vice versa.

Judge each QB on their own merits, or lack thereof.
                          Stop trying to drag Locker into Pryor's (current) suckitude.

Hey, fall 2010 is a new season, and if Pryor looks like the 2nd coming of Mike Vick/Vince Young, people's attitudes will change in kind.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                            Locker has better mechanics, plus locker beat USC without hardly any other talent on his team. Pryor was 0-2 against USC with great talent around him.
                            Now that's a stupid thing to say. The first time Pryor played USC he was without Beanie, it was his first significant action, and USC was loaded. The second time he played them they barely lost. However, when Locker played USC, they were coming off their big win against Ohio State, and were without Mays and Barkley.

But anyway, Locker might be overrated here, but he's certainly a better pro prospect than Pryor.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

If people want to compare them vs. common opponents, let's compare them vs Oregon this past season.

Locker: 23-44 266yds, 1 TD, 2 ints, -16 yards rushing in a loss

Pryor: 23-37 266yds, 2 TD, 1 int, 72 yards rushing in a win

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information