Is Jerry Hughes worth the 29th pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jerry Hughes worth the 29th pick

He seemed to fall as I thought he was a guaranteed first rounder now it seems people have him round 2. From what I read he had a great pro day workout looking fluid and athletic enough to play as a rushing LB.

Would he be a good fit for the NYJ at pick #29? I'm guessing he'll go late first early 2nd in the draft. I would love Brandon Graham but he'll be off the board most likely before we pick, but I also liked what I saw from Hughes on a highlight/lowlight video. I like his speed and hustle.

If he was drafted by the NYJ how many sacks would he get as a rookie would you think?

Jerry Hughes is worth a lot more than the 29th pick.

Comment

Sort of depends on the scenario...If Kindle or Graham are still there, then no. Otherwise, it would have to be a desperate team need.

From an overall prospect standpoint, Hughes definitely isn't worth the 29th pick. 39th, 49th...yes

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Jerry Hughes is worth a lot more than the 29th pick.
        You think hes going to be a stud?

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
          Sort of depends on the scenario...If Kindle or Graham are still there, then no. Otherwise, it would have to be a desperate team need.

From an overall prospect standpoint, Hughes definitely isn't worth the 29th pick. 39th, 49th...yes
          Its not a desperate situation with the Jets, we need to improve the pass rush but we have a capable starter in Bryan Thomas at OLB right now, he just isn't much of a pass rusher.

Comment

He is, but the Jets have bigger needs at WR and maybe the offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
              He is, but the Jets have bigger needs at WR and maybe the offensive line.
              Jets have the best oline in the NFL thats why they were able to win with a rookie QB

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I like Jerry Hughes a lot, but no way is he worth that high of a pick.
                He's too much of a tweener, which is tough to translate over into the NFL.
                I like Hughes a lot though, he's my favorite pass rusher this year but no way should he go in round 1.
                GO RAVENS

Comment

I think the Jets main need is at pass rusher. It doesn't look like Vernon Gholston is going to pan out (at least not in NYC) and Bryan Thomas isn't going to be a consistent threat to the opposing pocket. I also think they'll look hard at Jared Odrick as a 5-Tech.

Also safety

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

We'd be lucky if he falls to us.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Interesting that some say he won't be there and some say hes a 2nd round pick.

Comment

He is definitely worth the pick as a pass rusher. He doesn't offer much else, but to a 3-4 team he has a lot of value.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                        <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                        <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                        <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                          Jets have the #1 running game, and #1 defense in the NFL thats why they were able to win with a rookie QB
                          Fixed it for ya.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Im hoping if we go Okung in the first we can take Hughes to be our pass rushing OLB along with Orakpo in our 3-4

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                            2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
                              Fixed it for ya.
                              Not for nothing, but you don't just fall backwards into the #1 running game in the league. You earn it by having a coach and team who is dedicated to running the ball (600+ times) and having one of the best Olines in the league, which is compiled of 4 first rounds picks.

I agree that the #1 defense and running game didn't hurt though ;)

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information