Countdown on Draft Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown on Draft Countdown

Every year this pops up, thought i might just make it.

In celebration of the draft which is 23 full days away post a picture of a prospect/now NFL player with the number of days left before the draft. If wanted include your opinion on them before the draft and what happened to them since then.

i.e. 23

Shonn Greene busted onto the scene as a homestyle runningback that just didn't go down. He was early on thought to be a 1st round talent but averaage combine performance and combination of only really one year of production shot him down to the second day where the Jets scooped him up.

He went from a 3rd round pick to the star of the jet's post-season, and possibly starting runningback all in one year?

Golden Tate #23
    Notre Dame

Golden Tate, the explosive receiver from Notre Dame. Tate in the past 2 seasons has caught 151 passes, 2,750 yards and 25 touchdowns and after posting a 4.36 40 time while weighing 201 pounds and measuring 5'10.5" his stock is soaring. He is a tough gritty player who was a good deep threat at Notre Dame. He is thickly built and is actually a former RB so you know he can run after the catch as well. He has special teams potential as well as a returner. His dad played WR for Tennessee St. way back in 1984 and he was drafted in the 5th round by the Indianapolis Colts. Golden Tate the third figures to go higher than Golden Tate the second though, I guess the third time really is the charm as Golden Tate III is projected to possibly go in the first round because of his explosive ability and playmaking ways, some compare him to Steve Smith because of his toughness and his explosiveness.

Was also the best receiver in college football this past season, earning the Biletnikoff Award.

I think Golden Tate is a good prospect who will end up going early in the second round, perhaps to be reunited with Charlie Weis but this time he'll trade in the navy blue and gold for some red and gold gear in Kansas City. I expect him to become a very explosive and versatile weapon for teams in the mold of Percy Harvin, Steve Breaston and Lance Moore.

23 days until the NFL Draft.

Comment

22 more days till the draft.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
        22 more days till the draft.

Its still 23...

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
          Its still 23...
          Damn, i needa buy a calender.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

surprised no one has done ronnie brown yet....

Comment

Dexter McCluster #22
              Ole Miss

They say good things come in small packages and in the case of Dexter McCluster this is certainly the case. McCluster proved to be one of the most explosive weapons in all of college football during his time at Ole Miss showing off what seemed to be blazing speed and electric moves. He proved once again how explosive he was at the senior bowl where he was called the most explosive player on the field by numerous people. But then came the combine and he ran a 4.58 which was surprising considering he was supposed to run a 4.3. He righted himself at his Ole Miss proday where he ran a 4.4 flat however and is currently slated to go in round #2 and be an explosive weapon for any team that takes him, providing value as a receiver, a runner and a returner.

22 days until the NFL draft

Comment

I made this thread last year. :)

Comment

won many collegic awards but decided to go into the USFL, after a year the rams drafted the rights to him and he eventually played for them. Won comeback player of the year, but really never amounted to much afterwards

Comment

So many #21s! There is Patrick Robinson, Devin McCourty, Ryan Mathews, the list is quite large.

Jonathan Dwyer #21
                    Georgia Tech

I went with Jonathan Dwyer because I thought this was the coolest picture I could find with the number twenty one. Jonathan Dwyer is a powerful and violent runner who didn't do very well in post season workouts, but his film tells the story, he is a game breaking power runner who has workhorse potential in the NFL. He reminds a lot of people of someone who was mentioned earlier in this thread, Shonn Greene. The problem with Dwyer is there are concerns about his speed and concerns about his offense, he played in a really gimmicky, run heavy offense that really opened up lanes for him so some are concerned he lacks the vision to succeed at the next level. There are also some weight concerns because Dwyer is not a small guy. But when you turn on the film you see a player who makes big plays, plays violent, trucks a ton of people and a guy who cuts through the front 7 like butter. Right now Jonathan Dwyer is slated to go in round 2 and will likely become a thunder back to someone's lightning, maybe the Chargers?

21 days until the NFL draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      So many #21s! There is Patrick Robinson, Devin McCourty, Ryan Mathews, the list is quite large.

I'm going old school at #21

21 days until the NFL draft.

Comment

Love this pic of Devin McCourty.

Last edited by boknows34; 04-01-2010, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Who Dat Nation; 04-01-2010, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Thread.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

major wright, what a sick name. Came onto the scene as a nasty safety in the same mold as Reggie Nelson, the next "Eraser". Proved that he is not as small as some thought at the combine, and had a decent overall combine. He's being overlooked, could he be a starting safety in the NFL?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information