Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindval Joseph or Lamarr Houston play 3-4 end?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindval Joseph or Lamarr Houston play 3-4 end?

do you think they could do it? Or is Joseph too slow and Houston too short?
    "Those two men showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will ALL be able to do the SAME THING."

Honestly I don't like either of those players at 3-4 end. Houston to me is a perfect under tackle in a 4-3 scheme and I really hope a team like Tampa or the Giants take him as he could really blossom. Joseph on the other hand I really like as a NT in a 3-4. Perhaps to Pittsburgh or San Diego.

Comment

I don't think Houston is a good fit at the 3-4 end at all. I think Joseph has the ideal skill set for a 3-4 end but I fear that if he is taken by a 3-4 team other than Dallas, they will waste him as a NT.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
        I don't think Houston is a good fit at the 3-4 end at all. I think Joseph has the ideal skill set for a 3-4 end but I fear that if he is taken by a 3-4 team other than Dallas, they will waste him as a NT.
        I have heard similar things about Joseph. He is better as a penetrator, even though he is over 320 lbs. So he translates to an End in a 3-4, or a DT in a 4-3. I think he would be a similar player to Pat Williams. He has never been asked to play a position like the nose, so it will be interesting to see how teams view him.

I know a lot of Bills fans want Joseph for the nose, but thats because they just look at his weight... instead of looking at his strengths.

As for Houston, I personally think he is a great fit as an End in a 3-4 and wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a 3-4 team, or a Tampa 2 team as a DT.

Comment

I hope Lamarr somehow he slips to the 3rd..He needs to stay in the 4-3

Comment

Joseph can become a NT...he's the Anthony Montgomery/Sammie Lee Hill of this draft.

I'd take him over Houston for the Jets' D. Let him play 3-4 DE for a couple years and then go from there.

Comment

Houston in the 4-3, Joseph in the 3-4. I think Joseph could be an end or NT. He is more of a penetrator but can take on multiple blockers. He could play UT, NT in a 4-3 as well.
              Originally posted by njx9
              i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                Agreed about Joseph. He looks the part of a NT, but is an ideal 5 technique IMO.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I really LIKE Lamarr Houston. I've him as a 1st round talent (in my mock he is being drafted by the Colts at #31) and i'd love the Panthers draft him in the 2nd round to play the UT.

I really don't see why some of you have him in the 3rd round, no way IMHO.

And i agree, he's a DT in a 4-3 defense.

Twitter @mario_clp

Comment

how about brandon deaderick? Forgot to ask about him. He'd be great at stacking, I think. And is about the right size for 3-4 end.
                    "Those two men showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will ALL be able to do the SAME THING."

Comment

Joseph is a really good fit as a 4-3 nose iyam, moreso than a 3-4 nose.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

The question is what team will reach for Joseph so he can play NT

Comment

I think Houston can play well in either defense. His best fit may be in a 4-3, but there are more then a handful of teams looking at him to play 3-4 End so it's not as out of the question as some here would make it seem. He's a solid 2nd rounder to me, and it depends on which team takes him 1st, but he's gotten strong interest from alot of 3-4 teams.

It's not like he doesn't have the size, he's probably heavier and stronger then Tyson Jackson was. He just wouldn't be your typical suck up 2 blockers, non penetrating DE, you'd be able to get creative with him and kick him out on passing formations.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Ive said this many times now...but Lamarr Houston is Ziggy Hood 2.0...is probably better suited in the 4-3, but is also very capable of playing the 5 technique in a 3-4. The Steelers drafted Hood in the first round last year, and if Houston was in that draft, he probably would have been a 1st rounder too.

Comment

I think both are certainly capable of playing the 5-tech. Lamarr Houston is 6'3 300 ans is very athletic. He's strong enough at the point of attack but he's quick enough to be active rushing the passer. With that being the case he provides a lot of versatility because of his size and athleticism. I really like the Ziggy Hodd comparison Jakey made.

As for Linval Joseph, he could do it but it would depend on what team he landed with. Some teams prefer to have 3-4 DE's who do a lot of movement, slants and one gap penetrating for example the Cowboys and Cardinals. Some teams like their 5-techs to two gap. Joseph would be great in the situation. Although he''s getting discussed a lot as a NT prospect, Joseph is a very disruptive player in the backfield despite weighing at 320. He has the ability to penetrate but with his huge frame (6'5 328) and strength (39 Bench reps) he can obviously hold his ground. I'm actually really intrigued with his ability to play DE in a 3-4. In the right situation, he could be a beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information