Looking Ahead: Favorite 2011 Prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Ahead: Favorite 2011 Prospects

I'll try to keep my favorite sophmores out of this thread.

Allen Bailey from The U: MONSTER.
    Titus Young WR from Boise St
    Adrian Clayborn DT/5 tech prospect from Iowa: MONSTER.
    Jeremy Beal from Oklahoma

Greg Romeus : Pitt: MONSTER!
    Originally posted by njx9
    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Akeem Ayers and Brandon Maye. You may not know their names now, but by the end of next season bank on it.

Also, Jack Crawford of Penn State is a monster.

Comment

Greg Romeus wins that prize for me

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

We already had a thread on the 2011. Favs for me would be:

Locker
        Peterson
        Mallett
        Floyd/Green/Jones (WRs)
        Herzlich

Comment

I have a TON of favorites for next year, but I guess my Top guys would be Allen Bailey, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson (I hate him, but he's just awesome), Rahim Moore, Jonathan Baldwin, DaQuan Bowers and Mark Ingram.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

AJ Green
            Patrick Peterson

Both are beast, but I'm especially looking forward to watching AJ Green.
            Green > Julio

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

I like a lot of the guys on that UNC defense (Bruce Carter and Marvin Austin especially)

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                Greg Romeus wins that prize for me
                Nobody from Notre Dame, you jumping ship?

Comment

Jake Locker, Lee Ziemba, Jeremy Beal, Robert Quinn, Kendrick Ellis, Marcell Dareus, Brad Jefferson, Alex Wujciak, DeAndre McDaniel. And all the Canes (Bailey, Cooper, Berry, Hankerson).

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

JONES!!!

Comment

Peterson, Ru Williams, Green & Julio.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Jake Locker and Ryan Mallet are some of the best quarterback prospects to come around in years. They are way ahead of anyone in this draft.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Early look at 2011 - Top 20

1. Ryan Mallett - QB - Arkansas*
                          2. Jake Locker - QB - Washington

- I believe these two will have a very real chance at going back to back like Manning-Leaf and Couch-McNabb. Two franchise Quarterback prospects, who both would be my #1 QB prospect this year had either declared. Personally, at this point in their development, Ryan Mallett is behind Locker. That said, I l believe Mallett will build on his week to week improvement from last year, improve his footwork in and outside the pocket, and gain the trust/respect of his teammates after choosing not to go one and done at Arkansas. I just think he goes back to school with more to gain than Locker. As for Jake Locker, you better believe he's a top prospect and he'd have been a Top 10 pick this year. I don't expect either to get out of the Top 5. The importance of their position, and the fact that both profile to me as a player to build a team around, have led to them taking the top spots on my board.

3. A.J. Green - WR - Georgia*
                          4. Patrick Peterson - CB - LSU*
                          5. Robert Quinn - DE - North Carolina*

- I think here you have pretty much a sure thing, #1, star caliber receiver in A.J. Green. I rate him more highly as a prospect than Michael Crabtree and Dez Bryant, right below Calvin Johnson. He possesses length, body control, athleticism, and some physicality... he profiles as a Top 5 pick in 2011 and one of the most complete WR prospects in recent memory. Peterson and Quinn are two potential stars and cornerstones of a defense. Patrick Peterson is the top Cornerback prospect since Terrance Newman, and has the experience, production, and physical skill-set to be considered one of the most prototypical top CB prospects in a long time. Robert Quinn is not a household name yet, but this time next year I would bet they'll be people here preaching him as a potential top pick. The big (6'5 256) pass-rusher recorded 11 Sacks and 19 TFL en-route to being named, as a True Sophomore, to the All-ACC First Team. Just a big, very athletic rusher, Quinn is the star of that talent laden defense in Carolina.

6. Julio Jones - WR - Alabama*
                          7. Cameron Heyward - DT/DE - Ohio State
                          8. Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame*

- This is the time you look at this class, and just see how loaded it is at the top. Julio Jones is big, athletic, physical and is capable of dominating with the ball in his hands. At 6'4 212 with sub 4.5 speed, production's really the only thing missing (not shocking considering the team's QB play and Heisman running back.) Jones steps up on the big stage and is widely considered an elite talent at WR, he definitely looks like a Top 10 pick. Cameron Heyward is a guy I'm very high on, a dominant force on defense. That said, with Heyward, I don't know where he fits in a 4-3 defense in the NFL. In my opinion, he's a better 3-4 DE prospect than 3rd Overall pick Tyson Jackson. Enormous, strong, physical, and deceptively explosive and quick. Michael Floyd is the third receiver in this draft that I'd gladly take over 2009 NFL Draft prospect Michael Crabtree. Floyd possesses a thicker frame, but also excellent body control, hands, and a knack for the big play. He'll likely see plenty of single coverage this year in Brian Kelly's system, and despite losing #1 receiver Golden Tate and QB Jimmy Clausen, Floyd's production could skyrocket. He's a Top 10 prospect now, and could make the top WR discussion very interesting.

9. Greg Romeus - DE - Pittsburgh
                          10. Aaron Williams - CB - Texas*
                          11. Gabe Carmini - OT - Wisconsin
                          12. Mark Ingram - RB - Alabama*

- It will be interesting to see what happens with Greg Romeus and Gabe Carmini coming back. I think Romeus had a first round paycheck waiting for him if he declared this year, perhaps Carmini too. If both can improve their game, then they have Top 15 potential. I think both are going back to great situations, Romeus to the top team in the Big East (potential Top 10 in the country) and Carmini returns to his buddy John Clay, and a Wisconsin offense that will return all but their starting TE from a year ago (including all skill position players, QB, and all 5 OL). Aaron Williams is on his way to being a great player at Texas, and with a big year, he's a Top 10-15 prospect it would appear. Mark Ingram shouldn't surprise anyone, and I expect he'll be out of college after next season (as Alabama will start working Trent Richardson in more and more.) Ingram has the vision, balance, burst, durability, and receiving skills out of the backfield, to be considered a feature runner at the next level. I like him more as a prospect than 2009 Top 15 pick Knowshon Moreno.

13. Rahim Moore - S - UCLA*
                          14. Travis Lewis - OLB - Oklahoma*
                          15. Ryan Williams - RB - Virginia Tech*
                          16. Jonathan Baldwin - WR - Pittsburgh*

- Four more great players. Travis Lewis looks to be a top WLB prospect in any 4-3 scheme, and may have the ability to kick inside in a 3-4 scheme. Lewis is tough at the point of attack and plays sideline to sideline. At 6'2 232 with 4.5 speed, Lewis should test well, and has been one of the most productive LBs in the country the past two seasons. How will he be with the loss of DTs Gerald McCoy and Demarcus Granger? Rahim Moore is a talented ballhawk that plays some of the best center field in college football. Moore put up big numbers this year with ten interceptions, and was named a Second Team All-American as a Sophomore. He will have a chance to be a high pick in 2011 if he proves he is an elite, and complete, college safety. Ryan Williams may not have elite size or C.J. Spiller breakaway speed, but what he lacks there, he makes up for in sheer football talent and a knack for the position. Williams combines vision, acceleration, toughness, and patience. He will be a RS Soph. next year and may declare with similar success. In a loaded class of physically gifted receivers, Jonathan Baldwin, the biggest, isn't getting the publicity you'd normally see/expect. Baldwin is a big, fast, vertical threat with the ability to get the ball at it's highest point. He combines that size and speed with remarkable body control in the air, and is deceptive after the catch. Character questions bring the ultra-talented receiver down a bit here.

17. Bruce Carter - OLB - North Carolina
                          18. Allen Bailey - DT - Miami
                          19. Ryan Broyles - WR - Oklahoma*
                          20. Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa

- Few Seniors in here at the end to round out the list. First, Bruce Carter from UNC, a player sure to generate plenty of buzz in his final year. Carter is one of the best athletes on a very athletic, stacked Tarheels defense. He grew up as a player this year, and should continue to grow into his physical ability. Allen Bailey is another ACC physical specimen. He'll need to take some strides on the field, but Bailey is somewhat of a freak and should be a high pick in 2011. Ryan Broyles reminds me a lot of Santonio Holmes/Mark Clayton. He's unique in this particular class, one full of huge, athletic receivers. Broyles is smaller, quicker, probably a bit more fluid, and a great route runner with great hands. I think he has more than just slot receiver potential, like Holmes. He just has a tremendous feel for the position, and he brings value also as a Punt Returner. Iowa DE Adrian Clayborn won't wow you with his triangle numbers, yet he's consistently one of the most dominant players on the field. He's a bit shorter than your average defensive end, but at 6'3 282 he plays with strength, leverage, and surprising explosiveness off the snap. He plays the run and past, and deserves to be a first round pick due to his actions on the field.

Others Deserving Mention:
                          Marcel Dareus 3T/5T Alabama
                          Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA
                          Christian Ponder QB Florida State
                          Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
                          Christian Ballard DT/5T Iowa
                          Rodney Hudson OG Florida State
                          Last edited by ThePudge; 03-30-2010, 07:48 PM.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                            I like a lot of the guys on that UNC defense (Bruce Carter and Marvin Austin especially)
                            No way. That defense sucks...

Comment

I'm a huge Cameron Heyward fan. I think he's going to be a stud in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information