Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Barkley, QB, USC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt Barkley, QB, USC

    I know we have a lot of scouts that are on this website, so I would like to get an early start on my scouting for the upcoming drafts down the road. Matt Barkley in particaliar has caught my eye. In my opinion, he has everything you look for in a great QB. His body is already developed for the pro game and he has a great arm with perfect mechanics. I think he will be the best QB prospect to come out of school since Peyton Manning. I think he is that good, he really reminds me of Troy Aikman, he has the look of a future #1 overall pick. I'm I just overreacting. Feedback Please.

  • #2
    Wait until he shows what he can do in his sophomore season..

    Comment


    • #3
      the kid played one season, two years to go before he is even drafteligeble, not even worth discussing yet


      Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

      Comment


      • #4
        It's definitely worth discussing, otherwise we wouldn't be in a draft forum...right?

        I like Andrew Luck above Barkley as of this point, but it's going to very interesting to see how Barkley does with Kiffin rather than Carroll.

        BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

        Comment


        • #5
          Why is it not discussable, Sam Bradford was a freshman and so was Matt Stafford, yet many predicted after their freshmen years that they would be top prospects. It's never to earlier to discuss. Thank You

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dregolll View Post
            Why is it not discussable, Sam Bradford was a freshman and so was Matt Stafford, yet many predicted after their freshmen years that they would be top prospects. It's never to earlier to discuss. Thank You
            bradford was discussed at the end of his redshirt freshman season making him comparable to jake locker at this moment since he is just 1 draft removed (although in the end he decided to return for another season). Stafford was only starting to get extensively discussed at the end of his sophomore season.

            So basicly no it was not discussed as early as you claim. come back in a year with the same thread


            Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

            Comment


            • #7
              RC3 is that you?

              sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dregolll View Post
                I know we have a lot of scouts that are on this website, so I would like to get an early start on my scouting for the upcoming drafts down the road. Matt Barkley in particaliar has caught my eye. In my opinion, he has everything you look for in a great QB. His body is already developed for the pro game and he has a great arm with perfect mechanics. I think he will be the best QB prospect to come out of school since Peyton Manning. I think he is that good, he really reminds me of Troy Aikman, he has the look of a future #1 overall pick. I'm I just overreacting. Feedback Please.
                Perfect mechanics? I know he played well as a true freshman, but no freshman has perfect mechanics. This thread will be better in a year or two.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wicket View Post
                  bradford was discussed at the end of his redshirt freshman season making him comparable to jake locker at this moment since he is just 1 draft removed (although in the end he decided to return for another season). Stafford was only starting to get extensively discussed at the end of his sophomore season.

                  So basicly no it was not discussed as early as you claim. come back in a year with the same thread
                  So Mel Kiper didn't predict that Stafford would not be the #1 overall pick while he was in highschool?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wicket View Post
                    bradford was discussed at the end of his redshirt freshman season making him comparable to jake locker at this moment since he is just 1 draft removed (although in the end he decided to return for another season). Stafford was only starting to get extensively discussed at the end of his sophomore season.

                    So basicly no it was not discussed as early as you claim. come back in a year with the same thread
                    prospects are scouted as soon as they step on to the field as a freshman, including Barkley, especially considering the fact he was so highly touted coming out of High School.

                    Sam Bradford most likely wasn't highly scouted because he was only a 3 or 4* prospect and stepped onto the field after the suspension of Rhett Bomar. Personally, I think if Bomar hadn't been suspended, he would have been a 1st round pick this year or last year.

                    Ronald Powell is going to be scouted from the first time he jumps off the snap in Gainesville.

                    It just depends on how highly touted you are coming out as a Senior in high school.

                    BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dregolll View Post
                      So Mel Kiper didn't predict that Stafford would not be the #1 overall pick while he was in highschool?
                      This is true Wicket. Kiper was all over Staffords junk as soon as Stafford signed with Georgia.

                      BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dregolll View Post
                        I know we have a lot of scouts that are on this website, so I would like to get an early start on my scouting for the upcoming drafts down the road. Matt Barkley in particaliar has caught my eye. In my opinion, he has everything you look for in a great QB. His body is already developed for the pro game and he has a great arm with perfect mechanics. I think he will be the best QB prospect to come out of school since Peyton Manning. I think he is that good, he really reminds me of Troy Aikman, he has the look of a future #1 overall pick. I'm I just overreacting. Feedback Please.

                        Has to be the frontrunner for the 2012 draft as of now but that's a ways off. When you look at his background and ability you can make the claim that he is about where Matt Stafford was at this time in terms of play and talent. He could probably be an inch or two taller and a little more mobile but he's the best not draft eligible QB out there to me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          yeah but there is a difference between pro scouts and people talking about it. we dont look at gametape second to second


                          Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                            It's definitely worth discussing, otherwise we wouldn't be in a draft forum...right?
                            Um, no it isn't. The kid played 1 year in college. He has to wait at minimum wait another 2 years. A lot could happen in 2 years.

                            It's ok to discuss him, but he's a college player on a college team with no (not even close) immediacy to his draft eligibility. He's better discussed in the college forums.

                            Wait until people have seen him 2 years at least.
                            **** her in da *****!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              Um, no it isn't. The kid played 1 year in college. He has to wait at minimum wait another 2 years. A lot could happen in 2 years.

                              It's ok to discuss him, but he's a college player on a college team with no (not even close) immediacy to his draft eligibility. He's better discussed in the college forums.

                              Wait until people have seen him 2 years at least.
                              So your in a NFL Draft forum that discusses college football prospects to possibly go to the next level professionally? And it's wrong to discuss a possible prospect?

                              Sorry, forgot about that irony.

                              BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information