Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braford Close to Being Elite After his Pro Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braford Close to Being Elite After his Pro Day?

after sam bradford had his great pro day, could he be considered an elite prospect now? He would have been the #1 pick last year and most likely will be this year... Hard to argue how he isnt...
    Last edited by Thunder&Lightning; 03-31-2010, 10:15 PM.

Bradford maybe, not sure about Braford though.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
      Bradford maybe, not sure about Braford though.
      You had to be that guy? At least add some input if you're going to do that.

Comment

Not close. Just doesn't have the elite upside IMO.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
          I would have been the #1 pick last year and most likely will be this year
          Didn't expect Bradford to be posting on NFLDC
          Twitter

Comment

hahaha fixed, geeshhh tough crowd

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
              You had to be that guy? At least add some input if you're going to do that.
              Somebody had to.

Comment

He's not as good of a prospect of Stafford, and never was imo. I wouldn't put him elite just because there's too many question marks for me. I doubt Scott puts him as elite either as he seems to like Clausen more.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                  after sam bradford had his great pro day, could he be considered an elite prospect now? He would have been the #1 pick last year and most likely will be this year... Hard to argue how he isnt...
                  Starting the paragraph off without a capital letter. The name Sam Bradford should be capitalized and where is your comma for isn't?

Jeeze man this is nfl draft board and you come in here with poor grammar, get up on and out of here.

Comment

Bradford=Pre-Rotator Cuff Chad Pennington

Comment

I wouldn't rank him as elite. If he had stayed healthy this year and had another big season I probably would have though. The injury definitely knocked him down some for me. He's also basically a two-year starter as a result of it. I like him more than I liked Stafford last year but I'm not even sure I'd rank him ahead of Clausen this year.

Comment

His arm strength isn't good enough to call him an "elite" prospect. He could certainly develop into a pro-bowler, but as far as rating draftees, I'd only put the "elite" label on a guy who literally has no peers. Bradford's smart and accurate and all that, but he doesn't really set any bars.

Comment

^^^ Someone mentioned Matthew Stafford. While Sanchez and guys like him were being looked at as franchise QBs, too, Stafford was simply making throws that were on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
                            Bradford=Pre-Rotator Cuff Chad Pennington
                            Bradford has a better arm that Pennington, in fact I think McCoy does to. Pennington always reminded me of a smarter Jon Kitna.

Comment

Starting the paragraph off without a capital letter. The name Sam Bradford should be capitalized and where is your comma for isn't?
                              By comma you mean apostrophe right? Sorry had to do it, grammar Nazi thread for the wins!

As for Bradford, still has a bunch of questions that just can't allow an elite label.

First and foremost is the reason his pro day mattered so much... DURABILITY. The reason he hadn't thrown up until this point is because he was injured and at this point it has become a slight trend. Fragile QBs just aren't a good idea.

Check the top QBs, Manning, Favre, Marino, Elway, Brady, Rivers and Brees. These guys just don't miss games. Something that has killed Alex Smith and Tavaris Jackson has been an inability to stay on the field for sustained stretches(only a small part yes but a part none the less).

Secondly you have the system questions. Still coming out of an Oklahoma system that flat out hasn't produced a pro quarterback. Until he can show otherwise those questions remain.

Third, he flashed a solid arm, acceptable. Not an elite arm. I think that is both a pass and a worry. His arm is good enough but you have to worry about a guy with an adequate arm that has shoulder injury problems, he could be one tackle from no longer having adequate strength, as in he has no room for error there, he can't afford to lose any arm strength.

I have a 4th point that I feel on him. He just doesn't feel right to me. It is just a vibe he gives me that I get on some prospects and I have no tangible reason for it. I have been both wrong and right with regards to the vibe but Bradford's is strong, just something that doesn't sit right with him.

All in all though, the first 3 reasons are certainly enough to not be an elite prospect. I could get over the system but the other two basically mean you can be a very good prospect. In many regards he is similar to Alex Smith as a prospect. Adequate but not elite Arm Strength, Great accuracy, Less than ideal college system, Smart, Great Intangibles. This isn't a knock, Smith was a good solid prospect who so far hasn't worked out and in no way implies that Bradford wont but I think that is the closest match to him I can think of.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information