McCoy or Suh at #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCoy or Suh at #2

assume that st. louis chose bradford, would detroit select mccoy or suh and why. i think that cuz schwartz had haynesworth in tennessee he would rather have suh instead of mccoy, but what is ur opinion.

Sig by BoneKrusher
    Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

Suh, hands down, sometimes i wonder why this is even a debate.

He will dominate in any scheme
    E]

Comment

i think the real question might be suh or okung... they need someone to watch staffords back...

in any case can't go wrong with suh. if the rams had brains he'd go 1.
      my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
        Suh, hands down, sometimes i wonder why this is even a debate.

He will dominate in any scheme
        Because alot of GM's, and schemes would prefer McCoy and it's 1A and 1B. It's not as cold cut and dry as some would make you believe here. Both are elite outstanding prospects, but there are some teams who would have McCoy rated higher.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

i just dont think that mccoy is THAT good. if you put suh on oklahomas defense the last few years i dont think this is even close who is better. obviously all speculation and im a little biased since i think of who i would want on the steelers i just couldnt come up with a reason to take mccoy over suh at this point in another scheme
          E]

Comment

I have to agree with longhorns legend, a lot of scouts feel that McCoy may be more NFL ready because he has more variety of pass rush moves and what not. Because Suh dominated so easily in the college level, he didnt need to have any counter moves for real so he might have to be coached up from that perspective and from the scheme he came from might not match every NFL teams because he wasnt allowed to just get after the QB, more so hold up blockers from the LBs

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
            Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

I think most teams have McCoy rated just barely higher than Suh. Detroit with what they need and the fact that the two are just about even will take Suh. McCoy has the best pass rushing skills and that is something NFL teams hold in high regard.

Comment

i mean i respect your guys opinions but i just dont see it, i understand suh was a man among boys in college and might need to work on some stuff as a pro but hes bigger, stronger, faster and isnt a dumb guy, coaches seem to really like the things he says and what hes willing to do
                E]

Comment

in my personal opinion McCoy was slightly ahead of Suh after their 2008 seasons...but Suh had such a monster 2009 (should've won the heisman afterall) and McCoy just had a good 2009. I think Suh should be taken before McCoy but the NFL is a different place than the Big 12 I guess.

Comment

So wait, McCoy is the better NFL prospect because Suh was so strong he didn't have to use good technique to get past college OLmen? What does that say about McCoy? That he wasn't strong enough for college linemen? What will he do against NFL linemen?

If McCoy has the advantage of technique, Suh has the advantage of strength and football athleticism. It isn't like Suh's technique is bad. Maybe McCoy's college technique will mess him up because the same things won't work against stronger, faster, smarter NFL OLmen.

I'm not saying I believe this. I think McCoy will do fine. I'm saying the argument that McCoy is a better NFL prospect because he had to find ways around his "lacking strength" is a bad argument.

Comment

I am by know means knocking Suh just throwing a different prospective on how different teams/scouts view each player. Mark Schlererth said it best, in the NFL OGs are going to hold on every play so he will not be able to dominate as easily which is where the transitioning process and coaching kicks in. His work ethic is pretty good so I don't think it will be a problem very long.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                      Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Okung.

But at 3 I say Suh. I believe they are close enough that it won't shock me to see McCoy go ahead of Suh but I still think Suh is the pick. To Tampa Bay, that is.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Personally, I prefer McCoy. I love his explosiveness and his strength and power are underrated. Suh is still Suh but I have some questions with how his game will translate to the next level. I'm still not sure how he will anchor against big physical guards. He tends to play a little high and relies to much on his upper body. This may very well of been because his job was to be a two-gap DT but I still have a few more questions about Suh than I do about McCoy.

With that being said, I still think it will be Suh at #2.
                          Last edited by TACKLE; 04-01-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            Okung.

But at 3 I say Suh. I believe they are close enough that it won't shock me to see McCoy go ahead of Suh but I still think Suh is the pick. To Tampa Bay, that is.
                            I think this, something just tells me that McCoy is a tad overhyped

Comment

A boy named Suh.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information