Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which teams are realistic options to go safety in round 1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which teams are realistic options to go safety in round 1?

Trying to do a few things as far putting together potential mock drafts...and attempting to get a feel for which players may be selected early and which may fall..

My question to the board is, which teams are realistically looking at safety in round 1? Thanks
    Last edited by GloryDaysRBack; 04-02-2010, 07:58 PM. Reason: fixed your title.

Originally posted by GloryDaysRBack View Post
    Trying to do a few things as far putting together potential mock drafts...and attempting to get a feel for which players may be selected early and which may fall..

My question to the board is, which teams are realistically looking at safety in round 1? Thanks
    I can only speak for my team and I can tell you that the 49ers will take a loong hard look at Earl Thomas with one of our two first round picks.

Comment

Originally posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
      I can only speak for my team and I can tell you that the 49ers will take a loong hard look at Earl Thomas with one of our two first round picks.
      Yeah, this is why I posted this thread..most people, including myself, know 1 team very well..so hopefully I can get a lot of different fans to chime in..

Comment

Teams that will potentially be targeting FS in the first round:

5. Kansas City (unless they like a LT alot)
        6. & 14. Seattle
        7. Cleveland
        13. San Francisco
        20. Houston
        24. Philadelphia
        27. Dallas

That's about it, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Steelers.

Specifically Earl Thomas. I can see Colbert trading up to get him like they did with Troy.

Comment

Miami is an option. We seem to really like Earl Thomas :-(

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Earl Thomas seems to be on everyones list lol..he really is shooting up the boards

Comment

If Earl Thomas drops for some reason, then everybody's a possibility. I think the original poster meant which team has a strong and immediate need for a starter at safety.

Seattle, I think, is a very likely option.

(edit) Meant Eric Berry - whatever, you know what I mean.
                Last edited by SKim172; 04-02-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SKim172 View Post
                  If Earl Thomas drops for some reason, then everybody's a possibility. I think the original poster meant which team has a strong and immediate need for a starter at safety.

Seattle, I think, is a very likely option.
                  Definitely, they'll be looking at #6 with Berry and #14 with Mays. They are in desperate need of an OT but a safety i think, in this a good year for that position, is also likely.

Comment

Kansas City
                    Seattle
                    Cleveland
                    San Francisco
                    Pittsburgh
                    Cincinnati
                    Miami
                    Dallas
                    Houston
                    Philadelphia

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Minnesota may look at a safety, but at #30 the value may not match up.

Comment

Miami is not going to draft a FS. Bill Parcells will never take a FS over a LB. It just doesn't happen.

Look for Miami to draft eithert Jason Pierre Paul or Derrick Morgan in the first round.

I also have my doubts as to whether the Steelers will target a FS in the first when they have so many needs elsewhere like OL and LB.

Comment

Seattle, Cleveland, Miami, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Dallas, and Philadelphia I think are the most likely. I can't see the Chiefs taking one that high.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                            Teams that will potentially be targeting FS in the first round:

5. Kansas City (unless they like a LT alot)
                            6. & 14. Seattle
                            7. Cleveland
                            13. San Francisco
                            20. Houston
                            24. Philadelphia
                            27. Dallas

That's about it, as far as I can tell.
                            Considering safety is our biggest need, I wouldnt hold out on Cincinnati either.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

Minnesota should be on here as S is the Vikings biggest need, but it appears that the value may not match up. I'd more of look for the Vikings to add a S in the 2nd or 3rd rounds right now just due to the value.

sig by BK and avy by me
                              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information