Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demps Runs Fastest 100 the World

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

that's a ******* misleading title. but, 10.15 is pretty rigoddamndiculous.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      that's a ******* misleading title. but, 10.15 is pretty rigoddamndiculous.
      its actually 10.11 seconds BrentN

Comment

Wow, that's incredible.

Comment

If I calculated it right, that would mean he would run a sub four second forty...

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
            If I calculated it right, that would mean he would run a sub four second forty...
            Not really, unless you imagine he was at the same average speed for the first forty yards as he was for the whole thing, which is beyond doubtful.

Comment

My (unofficial) boy Chris Rainey is still betta! :D
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Usain Bolt says he could run that time jogging!!LOL

But seriously, it sucks to be a world class sprinter nowadays when even running a 9.80 100 meter dash barely guarantees you 2nd place in any race that Bolt is running in.

Comment

Darrell Green ran a 10.08 in 1980 and he was a 4.2 40 guy. As mgtirishfan said the slowest part of any sprint race is those first 10 yds/metres.

When Usain Bolt ran his 9.58 WR last year in Berlin his fastest 20m split was between 60-80m.

Reaction time to gun
                  0.146 secs

0-20m
                  2.89 secs

20-40m
                  1.75 secs
                  (4.64)

40-60m
                  1.67 secs
                  (6.31)

60-80m
                  1.61 secs
                  (7.92)

80-100m
                  1.66 secs
                  (9.58)

So Bolt's first 40m which converts to 43.74 yards was ran in 4.64. Deduct the 0.146 reaction time (NFL combine starts the clock not by gun but by runner's first movement) and he actually ran the first 40m or 43.74 yards in 4.50. Running 43.74 yards in 4.50 secs converts to 40 yards in 4.115 secs. However you also have to factor the 0.9 m/s wind speed and fast track Bolt was running on which he would not have at the NFL combine.

Tyson *** went through 40m in 4.70. Deduct the reaction time of 0.144 (just two thousanths quicker than Bolt) and he went through 40m/43.74 yards in 4.56. This converts to a 4.17 40 yd dash. Chris Johnson's official 40 from the 2008 combine (without the fast track and 0.9 m/s wind) was 4.24.

Comment

Its also worth noting that Demps' 100m PB is 10.00 the same time ran by Dwain Chambers in the Bolt 9.58 race. Chambers went through 40m/43.74yds in 4.75 secs or 4.63 when the reaction time (0.122) is deducted. This 4.63 converts to an approx 4.23 secs over 40 yards.

Comment

Also, these 100 meter guys are running out of a blocked start wearing track spikes.

I'm sure there are a handful of guys from the combine who would put up sick times if they had the same advantages at the start of the 40.

Comment

10.11? I can do that in my sleep. Break 10 and I will be intrigued!

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

yeah maybe right in the middle...startup is such a long time compared to timing in stride
                          E]

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                            10.11? I can do that in my sleep. Break 10 and I will be intrigued!
                            its april... Demps hasn't peaked yet, I can guarantee that. Get him out there at Nationals against some other beasts and I am 80% sure he'll run sub 10. Nobody PR's in april and declines the rest of the season. he'll be right by NCAA EAST's and NCAA Nationals.
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Nostradamus in the house!!!!!!! He ran a 9.96 at NCAA's and won the title. So fast.
                              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information