Sergio Kindle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Kindle

Got a question for those of you who may have watched Sergio Kindle more than me. Can this guy be a force as a 3-4 OLB? It seems to me that Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes have a lot of passionate fans but Kindle seems to be on the outside somewhat. I just finished watching the Texas vs Nebraska and Alabama games and I came away thoroughly impressed.
    He has
    1) excellent burst
    2) very good straight line speed
    3) good at 45 degree turns (seems a bit tight in 90 degree turns)
    4) has a great understanding of angles
    5) excellent football intelligence and ability to diagnose plays
    6) plays smartly and doesnt overcommit
    7) good stacker average shedder
    8) excellent energy and hustle (will play as hard in the 4th qtr as the 1st
    9) when he bends his knees is able to control tackles (does play upright at times which causes him to lose leverage)
    10) very goode at contain. I dont see teams trying to run around his side. it seems his responsibilities dictate that he stays to the outside of the tackle and funnel everything into the defensive tackles

The one thing I cant see is how he plays in space. Can anyone offer some insight from his 2008 season when he was a linebacker. Will he be a liability in pass coverage? Any other opinions are welcome and appreciated
    10)

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

I know that had he declared last year, he would have been a first round pick. I don't think that he hurt his stock this year, but I don't think he necessarily boosted it tremendously as well. His performance in the National Championship game was amazing though and that should have helped him out in a good proportion.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Kindle. I think he'll end up going Top 15 when it's all said and done. He's productive, consistent and extremely athletic for a player his size.

In terms of pass coverage, I think he may need a bit more development, but I don't think it's something that will hold him back for three years or cause some people to label him a bust.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

IMO hes the best 3-4 OLB in the draft and i believe he will end up going to miami or the giants... hes like a rich mans clint sintim.

Comment

I like him as a 3-4 OLB. I think he could be a MONSTER 3-4 OLB rushing the passer if put in the right defense.

I love his burst and motor. He is really strong too.

I think that Kindle is a legit Mid-1st Round pick that can help a team right away.

Comment

Originally posted by cajuncorey View Post
          IMO hes the best 3-4 OLB in the draft and i believe he will end up going to miami or the giants... hes like a rich mans clint sintim.
          Nice. Yea, he's a really good prospect...the Broncos could take him as early as 11 depending on who's on the board.

Comment

How does he compare to Brian Orakpo?
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I'd love it if he fell to 25 so Baltimore could snatch him up.
              He's awesome.
              GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                How does he compare to Brian Orakpo?
                Definately doesn't have the power moves Orakpo had, not as polished of a pure pass-rusher, motor not as high, relies on his athleticism more then technique which Orakpo had.

Then again, Orakpo was a pure DE who was relentless in getting after the QB, Kindle is more of a LB/DE tweener who is extremely athletic in beating defenders to get to the QB, but a 3-4 is perfect for him. He still needs a few more pass-rushing moves IMO, but he has alot of potential that he hasn't even begun to tap into yet.

They have some similarities, but they were really different types who played different positions majority of the time, Kindle just moved into Rak's DE spot this past season. Rak was hell bent on getting to the QB when the ball was snapped though, you didn't always see that same relentless drive with Kindle but he's alot more nimble and athletic while giving up some power, but he needs some good coaching up and he could become better in a 3-4.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                  I'd love it if he fell to 25 so Baltimore could snatch him up.
                  He's awesome.
                  If the Pats pass on him I will be pissed unless it is for someone like McClain falling.

Comment

kindle is silky smooth and fast, orakpo is viscous and relentless at getting to the QB doing anything he can.

i think kindle and thaddeus gibson are pretty similar, kindle is just a more refined player
                    E]

Comment

Not going to deny, my dream pick is Kindle for the Jets. He's like Jonathan Vilma, a guy i just loved in college. I'm hoping it is a similar outcome and he makes his way to the Jets. It would require a trade up though, and i'm not sure that given the other team needs and draft board, if it would be the right move.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I would love him in Jacksonville at either DE or 4-3 OLB.

Comment

he is the pick i am hoping the pats make.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

The longer the process goes on the better Kindle is looking.

Comment

I know Mike Mayock of the NFL Network is not as credentialed as our own LonghornsLegend is, and Mayock doesn't have as many personal contacts within the NFL and NCAA as LL does, but Mayock says this about Orakpo & Kindle:
                              NFL Network's Mike Mayock said Kindle is farther ahead at this stage than Brian Orakpo, who was the No. 13 selection in 2009 by the Redskins and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.
                              Mayock has Kindle rated as the No. 7 player in the entire draft. He insists that the "explosive defensive playmaker" is the easy choice for the Dolphins at No. 12, especially over ILB Rolando McClain (rated No. 17 overall by Mayock). Mayock
                              http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=167997&spln=1

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...-for-dolphins/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information