McNabb to Redskins - Huge Implications for the Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb to Redskins - Huge Implications for the Draft

Now that Donovan is a Redskin, I think that we can safely say that Jimmy Clausen is not going to Washington at #4. I can't see them passing on Okung. It'd be criminal to make a trade like that for a veteran QB and not ensure that he's protected.

So the Clausen possibilities probably come down to Buffalo, Jacksonville, and...? Pretty scary to think about if you're Jimmy. Both could pass in favor of QBs they like better in the early 2nd, or trade up into the late 1st. One more thing though - does he become a possibility for Oakland now that they missed out on McNabb, or are they not interested?

I think Clausen will fall the same way Brady Quinn did. And someone will trade up to get him in the mid-late first just like the Browns did.

I think NFL people like him, but I'm not sure there's a team out there that will love him enough to invest top ten money.

I think Oakland would definitely feel better about selecting him in the 20s on a trade up than paying another young QB the huge top ten contract.

JAX and BUF could also move up and make the move. Holmgren says he doesn't like him and SEA just paid top dollar for Whitehurst. I guess SF is a possibility - unlikely though.

Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me to see him fall to the Vikings.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Hopefully Okung will be off the board.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

SF is pretty much all-or-nothing this year with Smith. He showed us signs last year and we're giving him the keys to the offense this year in hopes that he will take it to another level with a year in the system and a better supporting cast. I don't really think it's a possibility, though if he's there at #17 and other prime prospects are off the board, I won't completely write it off. But Singletary and the front office has given Smith every green light for this year and taking a guy like Clausen would muddle up the picture tremendously, so I'm just not sure it's realistic.

I think a team like Buffalo could do worse than take a tackle at #9 and then move back up into the 1st to take Clausen. But their love for Tebow is supposed to be huge, so it'll be interesting to see who these teams target.

Comment

Tebow going before Clausen would be some big headlines
          Patriots Draft 2015
          1. CB - Marcus Peters
          2. WR - Sammie Coates
          3. RB - David Johnson
          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
          4. OG - Tre Jackson
          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
          5. LB - Ben Heeney
          6. TE - Wes Saxton
          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Originally posted by RWills View Post
            Tebow going before Clausen would be some big headlines
            I wonder how big they can print "Stupid"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I had the redskins taking Okung one way or the other.

Clausen will fall to 9. If Buffalo passes on him they are ********

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                I had the redskins taking Okung one way or the other.

Clausen will fall to 9. If Buffalo passes on him they are ********
                Now what if Detroit goes Okung?

Clausen is falling past Buffalo
                Patriots Draft 2015
                1. CB - Marcus Peters
                2. WR - Sammie Coates
                3. RB - David Johnson
                3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                4. OG - Tre Jackson
                4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                5. LB - Ben Heeney
                6. TE - Wes Saxton
                7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Originally posted by RWills View Post
                  Now what if Detroit goes Okung?

Clausen is falling past Buffalo
                  no. you do not have the right to say mean things like that.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    I wonder how big they can print "Stupid"
                    You never no Tebow just might go before Clausen (Highly doubt it ) Its gonna be a fun first two rounds to watch here at the end of the month I tell you that much .

Comment

I don't think the Lions will pass up Suh. Wouldn't worry too much if you're a Lions fan. I think we are comfortably settling into a Bradford-Suh-McCoy top 3, and like I said, I'm feeling pretty strongly now that Okung will go 4 after this trade.

Kansas City is where things could get wild now. That's the new tipping point. We've heard anyone from Berry to Bulaga. Cleveland's also a wild card if Berry isn't available to them. I'm completely stoked for this draft now.

Comment

is there any word on the interest in Clausen from Buffalo's standpoint?

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Why trade him to team in your division? Much less a team in your conference? I think the Eagles have done a great job stock piling picks, but they have traded away and released a lot of players in doing so. Anyway, it's going to be an interesting draft and year in the NFC East.

Comment

Better yet with all these picks Philly is piling up, is it signaling they are gonna make a big move on draft day?

Comment

Originally posted by gator3guy View Post
                              Better yet with all these picks Philly is piling up, is it signaling they are gonna make a big move on draft day?
                              I can't see them NOT moving up. I believe they have 11 picks now. I have a feeling Andy Reid would want to move up for Iupati, but that could be just one possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information