Jared Odrick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Odrick

No one talks too much about Odrick. Truth be told he is a very athletic DT who is a perfect fit at 3 technique in a 4-3 or 5 technique in a 3-4 (especially the latter) and I've had the feeling for the past couple months that this guy is more likely to go in the top 15 than he is to go in the 20-30 range that most (okay, almost ALL) mock drafts have him going in. Was productive at Penn State and plays a rare position that is in high demand, especially with nearly half the league now running some kind of 3-4 defense now. I think he could see a Tyson Jackson-like rise as the draft approaches (though not quite that high considering the draft is much deeper and stronger in 2010 than it was in 2009).

This is an interesting read too:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde..._possible.html

Comment

Are you just saying that because of the article by Tony Grossi that the Browns like him over Berry at 7?

http://bit.ly/crgwtM

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Tony Grossi is a hack and I love Odrick, but unless we trade down from 7 or trade back into round 1, we aren't getting him

Comment

it just reminded me of what someone over on the OBR said about Odrick back in late February/early March when he mocked Odrick the Browns in the wake of Haden's combine 4.6 and everyone said he was insane. I expect he'll go in that 10-20 range.

Comment

I just don't trust a Penn State DT...he does have prototypical size and skills for the 3-4 end yet I can't figure out why I think he's a 3rd rounder.

Comment

I think he'll go a lot higher than people expect. A few have spread the word that Cleveland is considering him, but I don't think he'll go at #7. But the teens could be a possibility.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Odrick ends up going as high as #15 to the Giants.

Comment

I hope he goes before pick 25.

Comment

his floor seems to be 22 to new england. i can't imagine belichick passing him up after losing Seymour and Green in consecutive offseasons.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                      I hope he goes before pick 25.
                      If I had to make a short list of guys I'd like to see the Ravens draft, Odrick would be on it. He's not a sexy fit but he's a perfect fit in the defense, provides some much needed depth on the D-Line and is a solid value at #25. I could see him being a long time starter on the D-Line.

Comment

That sounds like a Browns move - trade out of position to land a premium, difference-making talent to get a solid lineman and some more backups / role players in the mid-rounds.
                        Scott Wright, President
                        Draft Countdown.com
                        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if Odrick ends up going as high as #15 to the Giants.
                          I would, i really don't see him as a 4-3 UT at all, he's a much better 3-4 end prospect IMO, not worthy of a top 15 pick in a 4-3 period.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                            I would, i really don't see him as a 4-3 UT at all, he's a much better 3-4 end prospect IMO, not worthy of a top 15 pick in a 4-3 period.
                            I believe he is a more realistic at #15 than Brian Price is. Yes, he is a better 3-4 DE prospect but I see no reason why he can't be a successful UT in a 4-3. I've seen Price mocked to the Giants all over the place. I know he's more of a pure 3-tech, but at this point, I doubt there are many teams that have Price ranked above Odrick. So if the Giants are looking to go DT in the first round, I think its more likely that they go with Odrick.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              If I had to make a short list of guys I'd like to see the Ravens draft, Odrick would be on it. He's not a sexy fit but he's a perfect fit in the defense, provides some much needed depth on the D-Line and is a solid value at #25. I could see him being a long time starter on the D-Line.
                              Like BaLLiN72, I'm just not sold on him as being able to be a 4-3 UT. IMO his only fit on the defense is at the 5-technique, which (like I've stated many times before so I won't go into much depth about it) I don't see us using much in the future because what looks to be a switch to more 4-man fronts.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information