How much do you...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you...

let Mayock's ranking influence yours? Since Mayock gave Earl Thomas all this love, it seems many hobbits around here giving him love that they never given before.

So, opinions or your own, got any?
    Originally posted by njx9
    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
    let Mayock's ranking influence yours? Since Mayock gave Earl Thomas all this love, it seems many hobbits around here giving him love that they never given before.

So, opinions or your own, got any?
    I usually start with my own. Watching at the very least highlight films if nothing else (prefer real games but lets be honest there are only so many hours on Saturday and was a college student so no packages) but if a respected draft guru (Mel, Mike, McShay, Wright, Hallam, etc.) are putting a guy well above where I put him then I take a second look. There is this one old guy I talk to about the draft every so often the one thing he is the best at is smelling the BS I started talking to the guy around 2006 (same as I started on here) he is the best at picking out guys who are over hyped. (Bush, Quinn, and Gains Adams) were all guys he sniffed out and that guy influences my opinion more than anyone.
    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I still don't quite get the Earl Thomas over Eric Berry ranking, so there that is.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

dunno, but ever since scott started mocking bulaga to the chiefs, he's been soaring up everyone's big boards =\
        I'm a state.

Comment

The weird thing about Thomas is that he's very similar to Michael Griffin and MG went in the late teens.

Griffin was probably better too.

The 18, 19, 20, and 21 teams all need help at safety - I think his ultimate destination will be at one of those spots - not in the top 15.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            The weird thing about Thomas is that he's very similar to Michael Griffin and MG went in the late teens.

Griffin was probably better too.

The 18, 19, 20, and 21 teams all need help at safety - I think his ultimate destination will be at one of those spots - not in the top 15.
            I would not rule at the Niners at either #13 or #17 strongly considering Earl THomas

Comment

Griffin is a lot bigger than Earl Thomas as well.

I wonder how many teams are looking at Earl Thomas as a possible CB?

I'm hoping the Texans can somehow land Thomas, but I think it would also be cool if the Titans took Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                it would also be cool if the Titans took Thomas.
                The Titans do seem to love those Texas boys. Maybe they miss Houston.

Comment

Honestly I haven't looked at Mayock's rankings, the only things I know about it are because of the threads people start with his rankings in the title.

That said, I don't have Thomas above Berry, but I do like Thomas alot.

Comment

Whenever I see a title like that, I'm always hoping for a funnier end to the question.

Comment

Realistically a lot of people on this site are not experts and will use other people's rankings in which to base theirs off.

In watching games there is a lot of things that most 'casual' fans can see. For instance, it is clear to anyone who watched Nebraska that Suh is immensely strong and has great hand usage.

However I would also bet a lot of 'casual' fans wouldn't be able to tell why Colt McCoy is not in the same league as a prospect that say Mark Sanchez was last year without first of all reading from a draft site or listening to'experts' on TV.

I don't have access to the type of tape that scouts or TV draft types do or the time to put in all the work. So I will watch games when I can and have a general idea about a prospect. Then I will try to get as much information as possible from other people, who are paid to do this.

If there is completely different views on a player then I will try and watch as much highlight stuff that I can. This will include when the player did well and when he got beaten.

From all of this I will form my own judgement. However to say that I don't pay any attention to 'experts' would be a lie because I simply dont have enough knowledge or tape to do so.
                      Last edited by AntoinCD; 04-06-2010, 05:18 AM.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I don't give a damn about Mayock, McShay, Kiper or whoever.

Comment

I all ways liked thomas better than mays but I woudn't put thomas ahead of berry like mayock did

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I'm a pretty big Earl Thomas fan, but I know that he isn't and shouldn't be ranked higher than Eric Berry.

I understand Mayock's reasoning though. Thomas probably has the best instincts of all safeties in this class and his range is excellent as well. Right now, I believe I have Berry #3 and Thomas around the 7-10 range.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

i love earl thomas, always have....but i didnt think he would declare this year. theres nothing thomas can do to pass berry at this point, berry is just the best DB prospect ive ever seen. but if berry went 5th, thomas could go 6th....thats how close they are imo.

teams dont value safety at #1 but berry is the best (or second best) player in the draft regardless of position, earl thomas is top 10 best players imo
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information