Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Butler - LB - Washington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Donald Butler - LB - Washington

    What do you guys think about him as an OLB in a hybrid 3-4/4-3 that Washington plans to run. I know he is speedy and very athletic. Does he have the skills to rush as a 3-4 OLB and play 4-3 OLB as well? Also do you think he will be around in the 4th? Is that too much of a stretch?

    2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
    2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

  • #2
    Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
    What do you guys think about him as an OLB in a hybrid 3-4/4-3 that Washington plans to run. I know he is speedy and very athletic. Does he have the skills to rush as a 3-4 OLB and play 4-3 OLB as well? Also do you think he will be around in the 4th? Is that too much of a stretch?
    Played inside at the UW and never really showed much in terms of getting to the QB. The thing that frustrated me about Butler and the whole Husky defense was their ability to tackle and read plays. What you get in Butler is a tough guy with good athletic ability and a ton of heart, needs work on playing the position.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd rather Daniel Teo-Nesheim from Washington to play outside. I like Butler as well but I think hes more suited inside in a 3-4 (similarly to McIntosh). I think DTN is going to be a beast in the right system. He really seems like he could excel in a 3-4 with the right coaching.

      Last edited by DiG; 04-06-2010, 02:39 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Butler's best fit is either inside or weakside in a 43. He doesn't really belong in a 3-4 at all because he struggles to take on blockers and he doesn't have the pass rushing repertoire to play outside in the 3-4 either.

        I feel he's going to be a stud at the next level (I have him as my #2 ILB) and I think late 2nd to the mid 3rd round is where we'll see him go.


        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
          I'd rather Daniel Teo-Nesheim from Washington to play outside. I like Butler as well but I think hes more suited inside in a 3-4 (similarly to McIntosh). I think DTN is going to be a beast in the right system. He really seems like he could excel in a 3-4 with the right coaching.

          what round is he slated in? ill need to research him more.

          Edit: i just looked at some film of him and i really like what I see. do you think he is fit for OLB in a 3-4 he looks kind of big for that role no?
          Last edited by toddmlazarchick; 04-06-2010, 02:52 PM.

          2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
          2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

          Comment


          • #6
            Daniel is more of a 4-3 DE. I sort of have to laugh at how some of the Husky defenders are getting talked up on what was one of the more pathetic groups in D-1 football.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think DTN would be a good fit outside in a 3-4 given his size/speed/athleticism combo. hes pretty much the exact same size as orakpo.

              and babylon no one will argue how terrible washingtons defense was as a whole but butler and dtn do look like pretty decent prospects in their own right. the rest of that defense is another story.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                I think DTN would be a good fit outside in a 3-4 given his size/speed/athleticism combo. hes pretty much the exact same size as orakpo.

                and babylon no one will argue how terrible washingtons defense was as a whole but butler and dtn do look like pretty decent prospects in their own right. the rest of that defense is another story.
                Both guys showed well at the combine which makes me think maybe they were not utilized to the best of their abilities. I think as a whole they're projected a little too high.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Several 3-4 teams are looking at him to play inside.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 04-06-2010, 11:08 PM.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If Denver passes on McClain, I would love to get Butler in the 2nd.

                    WELCOME REALITY

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You guys will just have to wait next year for my bro Mason Foster



                      He's a beast


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        Daniel is more of a 4-3 DE. I sort of have to laugh at how some of the Husky defenders are getting talked up on what was one of the more pathetic groups in D-1 football.
                        I don't think it's fair to say that just because the defensive unit did poorly that every single defender was bad. I feel like if you watched enough of their games you'd see how good Butler was (more so when he was on the outside than the inside IMO).
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          You guys will just have to wait next year for my bro Mason Foster



                          He's a beast
                          He speaks the truth!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                            He speaks the truth!
                            He's going to be a good one.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information