Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/9 - Mock Draft Updated!

I just posted a new mock draft!

This will most likely be the last update before the Final Mock on April 22, a.k.a. Draft Day.

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Looks fantastic Scott, I would be very happy if the Lions ended up with McCoy and McCourtney (it's a McMockdraft for the lions!). But with all the talk about an LT, if Saffold is there when our second rounder comes 'round, wouldn't it make sense to take him?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Nice Patriots draft. I think BB will have a hard time passing up Odrick in the first but Gresham is definitely a possibility. I would maybe prefer a combination of Sapp, Best and Wootten rather than Alualu, Sapp and Gilyard as well

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Scott do you think Damiam Williams has return potential? B/C otherwise the Cowboys wont take him. I think the Boys would rather McCluster

And I think Mays is a real bad fit. We have a SS, we are looking for a better ball hawk at FS. I know Mays was playing a unique position which hurt his stock but the fact he will have to be taught from scratch how to track the ball is not enticing to the Cowboys IMO.

And the Cowboys dont get OL depth in the 1st 2 picks? Isnt there a huge dropoff after Saffold/Ducasse. I dont think they can risk not getting an OL before those 2 go. I dont think theyd take Chucky Brown b/c hes a LT only and theyre giving that to Doug Free. A versatile guy would be preferred.

They wont take Odrick unless they have a trade for Spears. They have a few DL but no depth on the OL. Which was inconsistent at best last year and might be worse this year since theyre all a year older. And Romo makes them look better than they are w/ his scrambling

Ill believe Dez to Miami when I see it. If Parcells still has any voice in the war room it wont happen. Look for them to trade out of that spot

Have you heard something on Spikes? Real big jump for him this time around

Good stuff
        Last edited by Incogneetus69; 04-09-2010, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Probably one of the best Titans explanations I've ever read from ya. Excellent job!

I'd say assuming that's how the first 15 picks play out, that the JPP selection would turn out to be a very accurate one. Never know with the Titans though. They like to throw curveballs and give me heart attacks, lol.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Probably one of the best Titans explanations I've ever read from ya. Excellent job!

I'd say assuming that's how the first 15 picks play out, that the JPP selection would turn out to be a very accurate one. Never know with the Titans though. They like to throw curveballs and give me heart attacks, lol.
            How willing would the Titans be to moving down to 27? B/C I think the Cowboys want to go hard after Earl Thomas.

Comment

There are multiple combinations of players that the Broncos should be happy with, and this is definitely one of them.

Comment

If N.O. gets lucky enough to have Spoon fall to us, I may just wet myself. Great mock for the Saints.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

suprised to see the ravens not taking a corner in the first two round, LOVE the saints picks though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

cant go wrong with any DE for the falcons

Comment

If the Packers take Jerome Murphy, I will be so mad, but I could live with Hughes.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                        Nice Patriots draft. I think BB will have a hard time passing up Odrick in the first but Gresham is definitely a possibility. I would maybe prefer a combination of Sapp, Best and Wootten rather than Alualu, Sapp and Gilyard as well
                        I was just about to post something similar. I like the Patriots draft, but I don't love it.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                          My last pats mock is almost the same, I had both Gresham, Alualu and Sapp going to the Pats.

We need Gresham, our red zone offense sucked last year, he is that physical freak who played big in big games in the red zone. Crumpler will be an amazing mentor to him.

Alualu screams Pat's player to me, smart with non-stop desire and motor.

Sapp scares me but the talent and size is there (Watch for Koa Misi)

The one guy in round 2 I am crossing my fingers for is Dexter McCluster, another guy who screams Pats would be Faulk's replacement, can also split out for mismatches.

I have a feeling Odrick is going top 15 between Cleveland, Denver, Miami and Pittsburgh, true 5-techs are rare to find, look at Tyson Jackson
                          Patriots Draft 2015
                          1. CB - Marcus Peters
                          2. WR - Sammie Coates
                          3. RB - David Johnson
                          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                          4. OG - Tre Jackson
                          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                          5. LB - Ben Heeney
                          6. TE - Wes Saxton
                          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

New England has serious issues at the position.
                            Really disagree. The Pats don't even use TEs that much. Watson was never written into the gameplan, and they really never took advantage of his physical and athletic abilities they way they should/could have. Ditto for Graham. They took a Ben Coates-type of all-around TE with great versatility and just turned him into a 3rd OT.

The Pats are probably best off just leaving the TE position well-enough alone. I have no idea why they pay so much attention to it when they don't even utilize the talent they acquire. A guy like Gresham would be a waste of a premium pick in a great draft for them. Demaryus Thomas makes more sense with Moss a free agent next year, and the big need for an outside receiver opposite Randy anyway... Edelman has already shown he can take Welker's spot (but can't play the outside), and they've Brandon Tate who could develop and is almost identical to Gilyard as a receiving/returning prospect.

Comment

yay OL! surprised you didnt mention the idea of trading down in the Skins write up. I'd think its a definite possibility but id love Okung.

I feel like Dez, CJ, and Haden are all top 10 talent and I'd be somewhat surprised to see all 3 slip out of the top 10. Also with all the hype on Odrick recently I am surprised you have him falling so low still.

Most surprising pick though for me was Patrick Robinson over Kareem and McCourty.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information