thoughts on Jonathan Dwyer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on Jonathan Dwyer?

Scott Wright has him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If he were to fall to the 3rd I'd take him as Jets fan.

Wasn't he considered as a Heisman dark horse before last season? Or a favorite to rack up huge numbers
    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

3rd or 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
      Scott Wright has him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If he were to fall to the 3rd I'd take him as Jets fan.

Wasn't he considered as a Heisman dark horse before last season? Or a favorite to rack up huge numbers
      What's probably going to push him to the 3rd is the depth of big backs who all outperformed him at the combine. I'd have him behind:

Mathews
      Gerhart
      Hardesty
      Tate
      Dixon

Comment

I don't know about about the 4th, but the earliest i see him going is late 2nd to a team like The Seahawks. He can go as late as mid 3rd round.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
          Not after drafting Shonn Greene last year.

Comment

I'd much rather have Dwyer in the 2nd then Matthews in the 1st.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Dwyer is getting overanalyzed, happens with prospects eery year. He was originally a 1st Rounder, then dropped to 2nd, now is considered a 2nd/3rd. He was the ACC Offensive Player of the year and racked up a lot of yeards. Reason he is dropping is due to three reasons: 1) Slow 40, 2) Gimmicky Option Offense, 3) Didn't look in "shape"

I still think he is a solid Back, and the #3/4 depending on who you like with him and Best at that spot

Comment

I like Dwyer a lot. I got to see a lot of his games, and I think the weight issue is a bigger problem than the offensive scheme. I don't think he's a bad work ethic kind of guy; I just think he tried to put on weight to be a more effective flexbone b-back and put it on in the wrong way. But it's still something worth checking out, because if I'm wrong we could have another Lendale White on our hands, and he certainly wasn't worth a second round pick.

Comment

One thing I have repeatedly noticed from his tape is that he hits the hole with authority! Watch really any clips from GTech, the second he gets the ball he is going full speed and doesn't dance at all. Good vision, and just gets going to top end speed fast. I like that in a Running Back

Comment

I, too, saw a lot of Georgia Tech games this year. I really like the guy. If we needed a big back, he would be a guy I hope they target.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

perfect score . Love avatar pic . KK is so hot ! lol

Comment

I'd love for the Browns to pick him up along side Jerome Harrison who can do the dynamic back role and catch out of the backfield.

If he can just become at least an average blocker and adjust from the wishbone system he's got a lot of value. Any number of teams can use a guy that can run in between the tackles and run people over.

It seems like the NFL overall is kinda low on the amount of old school backs right now.

Comment

Ive never liked him. Wouldnt touch him til the 3rd or 4th

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I know Cleveland loves him. Maybe they'll take him with one of their third rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              I know Cleveland loves him. Maybe they'll take him with one of their third rounders.
                              With Harrison and Hillis they can afford to spend a 3rd on Dwyer?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information