Does Anyone Want Mays?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Want Mays?

I see so many different people on different boards who do not want Mays. Many of these people will gladly take anyone BUT Mays. Is there anyone out there who actually likes Mays?

I will be honest and admit that I have not seen enough of him to judge one way or another but I have a hard time believing a few different things. 1) This guy was a sure fire top 15 pick had he come out last year, I find it impossible to believe that all of a sudden he is a sure fire bust. 2) Just about every single team in the NFL has Mays ranked with a first round grade (at least that is what I have read) and just about every single rankings list I have come across has Mays listed as a first round player. How on earth can a guy who is so highly touted be considered a sure fire bust by so many non experts like you and I?

Now I have heard every argument against Mays, so I am not starting this thread to read all of those arguments again. My question is for those who do like him and how they envision him being successful in the NFL.

If Tampa can get him with our second rounder I wouldn't hate it...

Comment

Just posted this exact question in the "do not want thread" below.

As a Chargers fan, if he is there @ 28-I would love to bring him down to San Diego. We could still get a Runningback at 40 only a few picks away. If we got Mays and Matthews it would be an awesome way to start the Draft. Or if Matthews is gone and we get either a NT, OL, or RB in 2nd / 3rd like Best or Dwyer I would be equally happy :D

Comment

He is probably a boom or bust guy just because of all the Negative hype he has gotten this year. Last year at this time it was the opposite, everyone was wishing he had come out and been the #1 safety gone.

Everyone starts to over analyze people the closer the the draft we get, there are always guys that fall for some reason or other (Quenton Moses a few years back is an example, fell from for sure 1st rounder to early 3rd to being cut).

Mays on the other hand is one of those guys who makes plays, does he intercept a lot of balls? No, but if all you want is interceptions in a safety you need to reorder some of your priorities. He is a football player, he knows how to read a play, not sure what else you can say about him, he is all over the field when he plays, though he does have a tendency to disappear in some games, (maybe that is just because he did his job and didn't have to do anymore than that).

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

I definitely want him on the Vikings, he'd be incredible at S in our cover 2, especially with how horrible our S are. If we can get him I'd love it.

sig by BK and avy by me
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

I think Mays gets such a bad reputation because of how fast Roy Williams came crashing down in Dallas. Most people don't remember that Roy Williams was a superstar in Dallas in his first 4 years, but that isnt important anyways because the 2players are almost nothing alike. The biggest thing that killed Williams was that he was not athletic enough to cover players deep down field, I do not see the same issues with Mays. I have almost never seen Mays get beat deep outside of that ball from Clausen to Tate.

Comment

I hear a lot of people mention that he would be a killer in a cover 2 defense..and I udnerstand that..are there any other teams whos defensive schemes he would fit?

Comment

he would be terrible in the steelers 34, he needs to sit deep and lay the crush

i do not hate mays, i hate mays in the first round
                E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                  he would be terrible in the steelers 34, he needs to sit deep and lay the crush

i do not hate mays, i hate mays in the first round
                  why would he be terrible in the steelers defense? and if he is a terrible fit you shouldnt want him in any round

Comment

I'd even take him at 18 for Pittsburgh, he'd have a good structure and coaching. Not my first choice or ideal, but I like Taylor Mays and like his fit with the Steelers.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                      I'd even take him at 18 for Pittsburgh, he'd have a good structure and coaching. Not my first choice or ideal, but I like Taylor Mays and like his fit with the Steelers.
                      Most mocks I have seen have Mays going to Dallas...how do you think he would fit in Dallas shane?

Comment

I like Mays, and if he was there for the Saints at 32 I think it would be a great value. Though we have alot of young DB's.

Comment

because polamalu is already a box safety, i wouldnt want mays having deep responsibilities that i dont even like ryan clark having, we need a cover safety.

and second round is tremendous value for him, the chance that im wrong about him and he turns into a stud would be worth it in the second, but a waste in the first
                          E]

Comment

I'd love to have him. Just because I staunchly disagreed with all the people claiming he was a 1a/1b with Berry before the season started doesn't mean I don't think he's a great prospect.

Personally, I think his floor is higher than people give him credit for.
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26
                            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by GloryDaysRBack View Post
                              Most mocks I have seen have Mays going to Dallas...how do you think he would fit in Dallas shane?
                              Similar. I think the fear is there that he is Roy Williams #2, but Wade Phillips could coach him up and it is a need for the Boys. Though Sensabaugh played well, he can be upgraded. I could see Jerry Jones taking the chance though.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information