Could the Chiefs Select Clausen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the Chiefs Select Clausen?

Now, I know this is my first post, but you don't have to take it easy on me. I have thick skin.

Now, do you think the Chiefs could take/are considering Clausen?

Please consider the following:

(1) Cassel's contract is structured such that his release at the end of next season is likely.
    (2) Clausen has thrived in Weis's system in Notre Dame, and Haley ran, more or less, the same system last year.
    (3) Given that he knows the system, it reduces his learning curve, thus increasing his production in the beginning of his career.
    (4) No team in the history of the draft has such detailed knowledge of a player.

I hope the Chiefs take him, as a Chiefs fan. Your thoughts?

Pioli brings in his guy from New England only to give up on him two seasons later? Unlikely, if you ask me. I know he will value Weis' opinion and input but I just don't see them using that pick on Clausen when they have a ton of glaring needs and although Cassel could be better, he certainly isn't the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald_81 View Post
      Pioli brings in his guy from New England only to give up on him two seasons later? Unlikely, if you ask me. I know he will value Weis' opinion and input but I just don't see them using that pick on Clausen when they have a ton of glaring needs and although Cassel could be better, he certainly isn't the problem.
      I will have to respectfully disagree that Cassel is not the problem. The man holds on to the ball FOREVER (even in new england, he took over 40 sacks.) He is 28 years old and has a noodle-arm and zero accuracy. His contract is structured for a stop-gap. Just my thoughts.

Comment

MAYBE if the chiefs trade down into the mid-late teens and clausen is still on the board

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Taklinn1 View Post
          I will have to respectfully disagree that Cassel is not the problem. The man holds on to the ball FOREVER (even in new england, he took over 40 sacks.) He is 28 years old and has a noodle-arm and zero accuracy. His contract is structured for a stop-gap. Just my thoughts.
          And?

You say he is 28 years old like that is old or something and having a strong arm is so overrated noodle armed QB have won many SB's.

Does he have some things to work on? Yes... That said he has been the guy for one season with little talent around him and no OC last year give the kid a chance.

I really like Clausen but it would be a wasted pick they need to put talent around Cassel and Clausen doesn't do that.

Comment

I'm seeing 2011 mocks with the Chiefs picking up guys like Locker, Luck or Mallett so if not this year, perhaps next?

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
              I'm seeing 2011 mocks with the Chiefs picking up guys like Locker, Luck or Mallett so if not this year, perhaps next?
              Sign me up for Luck if Cassel and the offense don't show improvement this year.

Comment

I'm not a Matt Cassel fan at all. That being said, I don't think the Chiefs are going to take a look at Clausen because they apparently liked him enough to trade for him and pay him.

Comment

It'd be interesting to see Clausen and Weis working together again...
                  PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
                  GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

Taking Clausen would be a mistake for this team.

Cassel struggled, but so did the entire offense. That generally happens when you fire your offensive coordinator a week before the season.

Let Weis coach him and the offense up. There is room for improvement. I think he's going to be fine.

Welcome to the boards. Check out the team section and come hang out in the KC forum. It's always great to have more Chiefs fans here.
                    Last edited by vidae; 04-12-2010, 04:22 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

As a Chiefs fan, I'd be thrilled with either Clausen or Berry.

Comment

As a Chiefs fan I will break something if Clausen is the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          And?

You say he is 28 years old like that is old or something and having a strong arm is so overrated noodle armed QB have won many SB's.

Does he have some things to work on? Yes... That said he has been the guy for one season with little talent around him and no OC last year give the kid a chance.

I really like Clausen but it would be a wasted pick they need to put talent around Cassel and Clausen doesn't do that.
                          28 in the NFL is OLD. Especially for grooming a QB. He is not a franchise QB. He is barely a suitable back-up. He cannot make NFL level throws. 35 yards is literally a hail-mary for him. He cannot read defenses or work through a progression. Further, even when Charles opened up defenses, he still couldn't convert. In fact, statistically, he got worse. Cassel isn't a kid, and he is not franchise QB caliber. Why waste time on him?

Comment

Regardless of how bad you perceive Cassel to be, we have much bigger needs on this team.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Taklinn1 View Post
                              28 in the NFL is OLD. Especially for grooming a QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information