LB Brandon Spikes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB Brandon Spikes

What Round is Spikes likely to be drafted?....and do you like him as a prospect?

I look at his 40 time and see it isn't what you would like it to be, but I see the results from Spikes on the field. I like him as a prospect. His 40 times or whatever, I think that Spikes is one of those guys that is just a good football player.

I'd say 2nd round, but I have no idea. I think Spikes will make a good Pro.

Thoughts?

I think he goes in the 3rd round and a team is going to get a pretty good football player at a decent price.

Comment

He's fallen a lot, probably third round. He could really go anywhere from the second to the fourth but I could see him being successful if he lands in the right spot, if the Pats trade into the third or he falls to the fourth I would love for us to give him a look as a thumper opposite Mayo.

Comment

I'd say in rounds 3-5. His lack of speed isn't really going to hurt him if he plays on a 3-4 team. What will hurt him, though, is that his lack of speed kills his special teams value, and that will be magnified if he doesn't start right away.

Comment

I'm going to guess round 2, mid or late. My hunch is he's fallen farther on internet draft boards than on NFL team boards.

Comment

Den would be smart to pass on McClain and take Williams in the 1st maybe Odrick then take Spikes in the 3rd. Spikes could be every bit as productive IMO especially if he's got some talent in front of him which DEN has finally made a priority.
            INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I could see anywhere from the late 2nd, all the way to the 5th.

Comment

He would look good next to Derrick Johnson.

Ya I said it vidae...:)

Comment

I still love the guy. I think he goes round 3, and if he goes to the right system, will be successful in the NFL.

However his stiffness and lack of speed really hinders what systems he can thrive in. I had him and McClain rated similarly, so I was clearly high on him. But after his 40 time, you can't rate them the same anymore.

That said, I think he can still be a solid pro. The guy looks great on tape. I'm personally a little surprised at his 40. He's not a 5.0 guy on tape. Something is up with that. My initial guess is that he's hiding an injury that would make him drop even more, but thats just speculation on my part.

Comment

Linebackers that slow dont get drafted early. Remember Ali Highsmith?
                    I think hes a 4th rounder at this point.

Comment

Spikes will fall IMO, won't be taken earlier than the 3rd round, but he'll be a starter no later than his 2nd year in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                        He would look good next to Derrick Johnson.

Ya I said it vidae...:)
                        On what team? :( I wonder if DJ will even be a Chief next year.

And I could see Spikes slipping between 3 and 5, but as the saying goes, it only takes one.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I think if DJ was going to be traded it would have happened all ready, it could still happen but since we have a DC that knows what he is doing I think he stays.

Comment

Linebackers that run 5 second 40's don't get drafted at all...much less in the 2nd/3rd rounds...

Spikes should feel fortunate just to hear his name called at all on draft weekend....seriously..

Comment

Originally posted by JHL6719 View Post
                              Spikes should feel fortunate just to hear his name called at all on draft weekend....seriously..
                              I think this is a little much.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information